Strong Plays (2-1)(+180 units)
    Regular Plays (3-0)(+3.00 units)

Overall (6-2)(+4.50 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (7-3)(+11.10 units)
    Strong Plays (4-8)(-9.60 units)
    Regular Plays (9-11)(-3.10 units)

Overall (20-22)(-1.60 units)

No complaints about last week as I turned my losses from -6.10 to -1.60. Sort of went the opposite of how it is supposed to go. Split my best bets, hit two of three strong plays and went 3-0 in my regular plays. I am very happy with how it turned out in what was the biggest upset week in recent memory.

I am going to be out of town from Thursday afternoon until Monday night, so I am going to post all of my picks now. I am more into baseball this week as well with my fightin phils finally making the playoffs. Write-ups this week will be very short if at all, sorry.

Baylor +8.5 vs Colorado (best bet)…………..For some reason this Baylor team sticks in my mind. There game last week was much closer than the score indicated. Colorado with a huge win last week at home will suffer a letdown for sure on the road this week. Just remember “you are never as good or as bad as your last game.” Would not be shocked with an outright win here and I love getting more than a touchdown in this one.

Rutgers -3 vs Cincinnati (best bet)……………..If this were the opening week of the season Rutgers would have been at least a ten point favorite and probably more like fourteen. Cincy is undefeated, but have not really played anybody yet. Rutgers has not really played a tough schedule either. Two reasons I like this one. Home field and revenge. Cincy shocked and pounded Rutgers last year and they will remember it. I just feel Cincy has played over their heads a little bit while Rutgers has underachieved so far this year. I think it all comes together for Rutgers at home in this game and they win surprisingly easily, or at least I hope.

Florida +8.5 vs LSU (strong play)………….It is so hard to go against LSU at home, but I have to here. Florida lost last week to Auburn, but they almost had to be looking ahead to this one. Florida still has a great team and I cannot pass up a great team and more than a TD. This just smells like a great, close game. I don’t think Florida goes in there and wins, but 8.5 is very generous and I will try it.

Texas +10.5 vs Oklahoma (strong play)…………….This game reminds me a little of the above game in that we have a very good, but not great team getting just too many points in a rivalry game. I could see this if the game were at Oklahoma, but it is not. Sooners definitely the better team, but not by ten points on the road. Very generous line here in my opinion.

Wisconsin +2.5 vs Illinois (regular play)…………I am just not sold on this Illinois team for some reason. I had Penn St last week and it lost, but if PSU could of scored in the redzone, they would of won that game. They also had plenty of turnovers and yet still had a chance late in the game. Wisky in my eyes is the better team here, there is no doubt in my mind about that and I expect a win. I would have taken Wisky and laid up to three points here, so getting 2.5 is a gift.

Penn State -7.5 vs Iowa (regular play)…………..Penn State is back at home, where they usually win and they are finally playing another team that they can handle. I hate laying that hook at the end, but I don’t think it will matter. Penn State might be a little undervalued at the moment, while Iowa was over rated from the start of the season. This one should be easy, but you never know. Penn State has been my jinx team this year.

Geez, I said my write-ups would be short if at all, and I went on rambling like I usually do. Looking forward to getting away this weekend and not just worrying about football and being on the net. Feel really good about these plays and hopefully I am back on the plus side for the year after Saturday night.

Good Luck Everybody!!

GL with all your pickes
    Like your thinking on Penn St & Wisky.
    However, Rutgers was exposed by finally playing someone other than the Little Sisters of the Poor yet Maryland is just a middle of the road ACC team but had been battle tested due to a tougher sked. Cincy proved they are no fluke by going to the West Coast with Rutgers on deck and taking care of business.:beerbang:

Comment

I'm very wary of the longhorns since I think they aren't a "very good" team this year. The offensive line doesn't even compare to the line of the last four or five years, and the only impressive showing they've had was against rice (and who hasn't). I see OU forcing some turnovers in this one, and I think the books setting this game with a line over 10 is kind of making a statement about how much stronger OU is this year (its not even a homegame for them but a neutral site as always). I'd never bet against texas, but couldn't bet for them here. OU was probably looking ahead against colorado last week, but texas lost to ksu the year before and had revenge on their minds.
      Last edited by Texas hook 'em; 10-02-2007, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Don't bet on Texas

I'm a huge Longhorn fan and even though this is a rivalry game, the Horns don't have it this year. If you take anything on this game then take OU....they're pissed and they have the firepower to blow Texas out. Texas is a mediocre team at best and will lose 3 to 4 games this year if not more. While 11 points seems like a lot, it's not the way that Texas has been turning the ball over.

GL :beerbang:

Comment

Working...
        X