MP's "Road Dog Days" Week Six Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's "Road Dog Days" Week Six Picks

Yes, its been a rough go for me the past few weeks. I wish I was still at the beach down in Florida sipping pina coladas and easing the pain. Somehow, I still am in the green this year thanks to some nice payouts on teasers/parlays.

Anyway, here's what I got this week. I'm going to stop laying chalk and hope these dogs cover for me.

Wisconsin +2.5 at Illinois (2 units)

The Badgers find themselves sitting pretty in the debacle of a Big 10. They have won ugly in alot of their games, but they are finding a way to get the job done. P.J. Hill remains a workhorse and churns out yardage each and every week. I think Bielema will ride the coattails of Hill here to control the pace of the game and keep Illinois' offense on the shelf.

Wisconsin remains in the hunt for a Big 10 crown and BCS bowl berth. This would be a big blow to both chances so I think they realize the importance of getting a win here, no matter how ugly.

Prediction: Wisconsin 23 Illinois 20

Cincinnati +3.5 at Rutgers (2 units)

Cincinnati finds itself in the Top 25 this week as they continue to pour it on helpless defenses. They have one of the best offenses in the country, averaging 46.4 points per game. QB Ben Mauk has been impressive throwing the ball and the Bearcats have a deep stable of running backs.

Rutgers is coming off a 34-24 loss to Maryland, a game in which they allowed 458 total yards. They also might be without their starting safety, who was injured last week. Not good when facing an offense like Cincinnati's.

The Bearcats beat Rutgers last year 30-11. With these two offense, I expect a higher scoring game and a much closer contest. But I think UC is a team on a mission and can outgun Rutgers. Regardless, I like the field goal cushion on the other side.

Prediction: Cincinnati 35 Rutgers 31

Kentucky +3.5 at South Carolina (1 unit )

Rolling the dice here that UK's offensive prowess can continue against the tough Cocks defense. Kentucky finds themselves in the top 10 after last week's win. Their 46.6 points per game and 492 ypg averages are among the best in the country and QB Andre Woodson is squarely in Heisman consideration.

SC should be able to slow down the UK offense, but their offense is still shady. scoring 16 points each in games against top 25 opponents.

Kentucky, like Cincinnati, appears to be on a mission this year and a win over SC would continue their meteoric rise.

Prediction: Kentucky 27 South Carolina 23

Miami -6.5 at UNC (2 units)

OK, so I'm not taking all dogs this week. I don't have too much to say on this one other than UNC has no heart and on paper Miami has alot more talent. The Canes have not been impressive outside their win over Texas A&M but they are 4-1 and are winning games. The same can't be said for UNC, who finds ways to lose.

I think this line is low because Miami was unimpressive last week against Duke and UNC gave a scare to VT. If Miami plays anything like they did against Texas A&M, this will be a 17-20 point blowout.

Prediction: Miami 30 UNC 13

3-team 10-point teaser (2.5 units)

Florida +19 vs. LSU (No way the Gators lose by 3TDs)
    Notre Dame +30.5 at UCLA (The young Irish are starting to grow up)
    Texas +21 vs. Oklahoma (I'll take three scores in a rivalry game any day)

Good luck this week fellas...and wish me some too...I need it!
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

BOL to ya Tightend......looked at KY, UCinn and Maimi,FL also......only played on KY....but still may add the other two cause I like 'em alot! Hit'em!:beerbang:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

GL MParris
        NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

GL MP. I really like all 4. I hope you nail 'em
          :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

Good Luck

Originally posted by AuTiger51 View Post
            GL MP. I really like all 4. I hope you nail 'em
            with your plays , MP
            Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Nice pic on yer site bro.....

Gotta nice story for ya....how about kid from Dover who plays both ways, is a D-back and running back/wideout, leads the team in rushing TDs, he's also the punter with more than a 50 yard average, has kicked a 42 yard field goal, and nearly every kickoff has sailed out of th end zone......
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Best5 of luck this weekend MP
                Robbie, Golden Tate and Duval Kamara are showing that the future is indeed bright for the Irish.:beerbang:

Comment

JoePa...youre not talking about M.R. are you? If not, shoot me over an email MParris89@yahoo.com and fill me in.
                  2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
                  2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

Gipper....how 'bout that Irish pick last week! I knew they'd get it done.....:thumbs:

MParris.....got it bro! You are right on if it's the same M.R.....let me know if you need access or any more names from the local area. I've got a few connections and can bend a few arms.....:beerbang:

Comment

Working...
                    X