X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 7 early lean and a question

Navy +4
    Navy ML

This Pitt team has been all sorts of awful ever since Rutgers beat them up last year at Heinz Field. The program started spiraling downwards at the end of last year, and losing Revas, Blades, Palko and Kinder (injury) just accelerated the process.

Navy is a game team that will play hard no matter what. Against Pitt, I think that's pretty much all it takes at this point. Don't expect too much of a homefield advantage at Heinz Field on a wednesday night against a program like Navy, either.

Also like the fact that these weeknight (btw, I can't stand ESPN but kudos for throwing these random games on here:beerbang: ) games have been producing some pretty huge road upsets (Rice, Utah, etc.).

Now my question: Did anyone watch last week's Rice/Southern Miss game? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rice received both the opening kick-off AND the 2nd Half kick. How the hell does that happen? I don't know if I can post links, but just check out the "play-by-play" feature of the game's boxscore on espn.

That program has been spiraling since the day Wannstedt and Cavanaugh stepped on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
      That program has been spiraling since the day Wannstedt and Cavanaugh stepped on campus.
      Agreed....I don't care what recruits he's gotten, cut bait on Wannstedt and go out and hire one of those MAC Conference coaches...

Comment

I agree with your pick of Navy over Pitt. Pitt started off the year beating Eastern Michigan and Grambling, then lost to Michigan State, UConn and Virginia. Pitt has a chance at not winning again this year.

As for Wannestadt, I think he could take over the NE Patriots and only win 3 or 4 more this year.

Comment

I couldn't agree more Hoosierdaddy, i am a Pitt alumnus/ fan and have seen nearly every game the past 5+ years. Wannstedt is a nimwit who whole career has been based on his riding Jimmy Johnson's coattails at miami and then dallas. He has never succeeded anywhere on his own and will have to have a major turnaround in a hurry at pitt to change that. He can recruit as seen by LeSean McCoy but runs a pretty much high school playbook as far as Xs and Os go and constantly gets outcoached in nearly every game.

As far as your question, i did not see the rice/so miss game but it is possible to receive the ball twice and i have heard of teams making this stupid mistake before. After the coin flip the winning team is given 1st choice of kicking/ receiving or deferring their choice until the second half, what will happen though is the team will choose to kick(thinking they will automatically receive 2nd half) rather then to defer the choice to the second half at which time the other team has the choice and will thankfully receive the ball again.
          Last edited by moskoalman; 10-09-2007, 03:20 PM.
          Holla at a playa when you see em' on the predictem streets!

Comment

Thinking about Navy too. They play to the final gun every week whereas Pitt seems to pack it in by halftime.:puke:
            Agree that Wanny, tho an alum, is NOT the answer for bringing Pitt back to its Dorsett days

Comment

Wake Forest +5 2 units (-105)

Weeknight dogs have been howling recently. Rice, Utah and Navy all with SU wins. Interestingly enough, all on the road too (not much of a homefield advantage in Pitt or Southern Miss, and I think the Ville crowd started booing the home crowd).

I think Wake can keep it close tonight as long as the offense doesn't turn the ball over in bad situations. Skinner will need to stay on the field as well. I think FSU has been playing beter ball recently, but I still don't have much faith in them. Kind of reminds me of the Miami at UNC game in that respect.

Will also be playing the halftime prop of "will there be a score in the first X minutes of the 2nd half." It will either be 5:00 or 7:30, depending on the teams' first half scoring performances. This has been hitting for me recently.

Comment

FSU/Wake 2H

Score in next 6:30 1 Unit +105

Comment

Saturday Action

GL to everyone today. Will post my plays about an hour or so before kick-off:

Syracuse +17.5 (2 units)

Big test for RU in that solid programs find a way to bounce back after a few losses. Think the disappointment of the last 2 weeks may be enough for RU to be a little flat in this spot. Think the Cuse can find a way to hang around here...maybe through special teams or defense.

Va Tech 1H -7.5 (2 units)

Tech seems to have gotten their act together after sleepwalking through the first few games. I can see Duke pulling off a backdoor cover in the 4th quarter so i am avoiding the game line, which is at -14. I can see Tech leading 10-0 or 13-3 at the half here. I think they can see an ACC title in their sites, and I don't really see a let-down in this spot.

Ole Miss +6.5 (1 unit)

Keeping it at 1 unit due to the hook. Ole Miss hasn't looked awful per se, but they haven't looked great either. However, I like their attack with Adams at QB and Benjarvus Green-Ellis (former Hoosier) in the backfield. Bama has been sputtering and nearly gave up a giant lead to houston last week. Think Ole Miss is fired up for this one.

Iowa State +16.5 (2 units)

Purely an anti-Texas pick. Not a great team to begin with, they come off a bit flat in this spot, the week after the red-river shhot-out.

GL to all!

Comment

Working...
                  X