MP's Week Seven Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's Week Seven Picks

The slide continues. I just can't find any rhythm and things have been rough to say the least. Somehow I find myself right back where I started unit wise before the season, however. :pud:

Anyway, here's what I got for week 7.

Illinois -3.5 at Iowa (2 units)

I have been impressed with Illinois and they appear to be a team that can make some waves in the Big Ten. Juice Williams has been playing good and even when he's banged up the backup QB is pretty talented as well. RB Mendenhall is a beast and one of the better runners in the Big Ten.

hodown had some telling stats on another thread about this matchup:

and to actually further my case on illinois, just look at the last 3 opponents for each, all of whom are common (indiana, penn state, and wisconsin). heres the breakdown

offense pass rush total
    illinois 113 377 490
    iowa 208 76 284

defense pass rush total
    illinois 317 130 447
    iowa 231 165 396

avg score
    illinois 28 to 20
    iowa 13 to 27

I think Illinois is just the better, more athletic team who have alot of momentum. Iowa has been shaky in all facets of the game, particularly on offense. Don't think they can keep up .

Prediction: Illinois 27 Iowa 17

Central Michigan -13 vs. Army

The public is hammering the Chippewas, but I think they are right here. CMU has been on a roll in recent weeks on offense including an impressive 58-38 win over a pretty good Ball State team.

But here is the stat for me: Army (3-3) has three wins but have been outgained (significantly) in all three:

303 to 276 vs. I-AA Rhode Island
    463 to 329 vs. Temple
    401 to 240 vs. Tulane

Against Temple, Army benefitted from a kickoff return for TD, punt return for TD, and recovered fumble in endzone for a TD. The offense only scored 17 points.

Plus, Army hasn't won yet on the road, all three of their wins were at home.

Prediction: Central Michigan 34 Army 14

Here are some teasers. If I can't win ATS, I might as well have some fun.

3-team, 10-pt teaser (2 units)

Navy +14 at Pitt (Like the ground attack by Middies to control pace of game)
    Hawaii -9 at San Jose St. (Hawaii won by 37 last year; SJSU defense is bad)
    Cal -4 vs. Oregon State (Week off to prepare/heal; OSU won't handle diverse Cal attack)

6-team, 7-pt teaser (1.5 units to win 7.5 units)

Fresno St -3 at Idaho (Vandals are crap and Fresno's two losses both to ranked teams)
    Kent State +37 at Ohio State (OSU has no reason to run this up; goal to stay healthy heading into B10 slate)
    South Carolina EVEN at North Carolina (too much SC defense)
    Tennessee EVEN at Miss. St. (Vols appear to be back on track after impressive win LW)
    Washington +19 at Arizona State (Think the Huskies have enough on O to keep this one close)
    Wisconsin +14 at Penn State (PSU doesn't have enough O to blow out a pissed Wisky team)

We'll see what happens. Good luck everyone.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

BOL to ya this week Tightend....love the Chipps too!:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL this week MP! Heres to the Illini getting it done! :beerbang:
      Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V

Comment

Best of Luck:beerbang: MP!

Think Robbie and the boys can pulll one off versus BC?

Comment

GL MParris
          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
            Best of Luck:beerbang: MP!

Think Robbie and the boys can pulll one off versus BC?
            Damn, I sure hope so. If they can and win out to close the season, they'd get a bowl invite.
            :beerbang:

Let's not count chickens before they hatch, but they certainly are playing better.

BTW, thanks fellas and GL to all you as well.
            2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
            2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

Good Luck MP!

Comment

GL this week:beerbang: MP

Comment

Working...
                X