In Depth look at USF-UCF "War on I-4"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Depth look at USF-UCF "War on I-4"

Hey everyone, I'm gonna do my best on my analysis here, I however might have some impartialities since I am a USF student. Please note I am still new here, and this is my best attempt at analyzing, please comment with your ideas (am I putting to much emphasis on this, and I should be looking at that or what not)

The line was 10.5 a few hours ago, I see it is 12 now in favor of USF.

Some things to consider.. (please note when I say our I mean USF)

USF Side
    Our defense basically carried us in the WVU and UNC game, our offense has been sloppy at each game I have been to. We just played FAU last week and am I glad I bet the spread. USF is #5 in the country right now, but why if we ca barely hold off a team (we struggled until about 10 min in 4th) that plays in basically what consists of a high school stadium? I pondered over this the ride home.. and it hit me, we have basically played nothing but low level teams aside from Auburn and WVU, our schedule as been fairly easy. The past 2 years we have played UCF we have won (I know this only from personal recollection could not find entire history). And last I notice we are undefeated right now, I almost feel like at some point we have to lose, Plus we have a big game at Rutgers Next week,I only hope they dont underestimate the Knights

UCF Side
    While the team has a 3-2 starting record, and as someone mentioned had trouble on defense holding off East Carolina for 52 points, lest we not forget that this is also the team whose Offense Scored 4 TD's on Texas and held their defense back so well they were forced to 5 F/G's (not counting any they might of missed), While they did abysmal last week, they likely realized the importance of this game, and didn't play all out balls to the wall in the game last week at East Carolina.

Emotion/Home Feild Advantage
    Tampa has a major case of Bandwagon Bulls fever right now (as they do any team that does well I.E. Lightning/Bucs/Bulls)While UCF is not but an hour from Raymond James Stadium, You would think home field advantage would be negligeable due to 50/50 (this is how it was the past two years), however since the Bulls have hit the national ranking, Tickets have become very scarce (I had to wait in line 5 hours yesterday just to get my Student ticket that only 4 weeks ago I could walk to the gate just before the game and get my ticket). So UCF is coming into a Bulled out stadium, and we have developed a little Interstate rivalry) Dont know how much it will mess with UCF but look for it to pump up USF players 2nd consecutive home sellout ever.

My pick.. Take UCF with the Points but Bulls Money line

GO BULLS!!!
    Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
    Taking a sabbatical from wagering

:welcome:
    Thanks for the inside info, every little bit helps!

Comment

Catchy title as I live in Orlando(West part) and drive on that horrible interstate everyday. However, I attend UCF for my graduate studies but have recently graduated from FSU.
      Will definitely be on UCF plus the points as I attended the game verse Texas and have a new found respect for them.

If they can keep turnover margin to least amount and kill the clock by running the ball with Smith...it will be a good game and I see a great chance at the SU win here. UCF +11.5:thumbs:

ANYWAYS GO NOLES!!!!!!!:beerbang:
      "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

Comment

Found out why I couldn't find any history beyond the past two years of these teams matchups... silly me, they only have played each other the past 2 years

2005- USF 31-14
        2006- USF 24-17

But both teams have in my opinion matured the past 2 seasons.. enough for UCF to get the W? we will see I still laid down on the +UCF (I bought 2 points to make it +14 sort of a peace of mind for me..)

Saw a face book group today made me laugh "It's NOT a rivalry if you have NEVER Won!!"

Comment

Just got back form the game.. oh man I dont think anyone expected USF to beat them that bad. I even bought 2 points so my money was on UCF +14... At least I called the money line lol.. well better luck next week everyone!!! I let the media and all the nasaers get to me, and I thought it was gonna be much closer.. hell I was hoping it would be closer!!

Comment

Working...
          X