Strong Plays (2-0)(+4.00 units)
    Regular Plays (1-1)(-0.10 units)

Overall (3-3)(-2.70 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (7-5)(+4.50 units)
    Strong Plays (6-8)(-5.60 units)
    Regular Plays (10-12)(-3.20 units)

Overall (23-25)(-4.30 units)

Small losing week in college football. Went away for the weekend and did not even pay attention to any of this until I got home on Monday. Dropped both best bets with Rutgers and Baylor. That is rare for me in college football and it won’t happen too often. I guess I got a little of that back going 2-0 in strong plays with my winners being Florida and Texas, and I split my two regular one unit plays with Wisconsin and Penn State. Not happy about the results, but I can live with it. I will get it back this week.

Wednesday Night

Navy +4 vs Pittsburgh (best bet)…………I really like this game. Going against Dave Wannstedt is just about an automatic play for me. I have seen a lot of people on Pitt tonight as well as Navy. Most Pitt sides are thinking this is a make or break, must win for coach Dave. I agree with those thoughts. I have thought that in the past as well and coach Dave has always let me down, so why should tonight be any different. Pitt starts a freshman at QB and I really think there will be a ton of pressure at home on him and the entire team. One wrong move by the panthers and the boo-birds will be out in full force. Navy should be able to control the clock and the game with their triple option attack. Navy’s defense is weak, so Pitt will be able to finally score some points, but not enough. If Pitt plays a great game tonight, this will still be close. But what are the odds of any team coached by Dave to have a great game. Navy will win this game outright, but I am taking the points in case Pitt pulls out a last second field goal to win it. I am a Pitt fan and at this point I am rooting for Pitt to lose the rest of their games so they can fire the coach and go back to having a winning program.

Good Luck Everybody!! I will be back sometime on Thursday with the my picks for the entire weekend.

Nice best bet winner last night with Navy compliments of Dave Wannstedt. How is this guying hanging on to his job. The panthers only have one more winnable game on their schedule with that being Syracuse at Pitt. I would think they could win that one, but who knows under coach Dave. Here are the rest of my picks for the weekend.

No play on Thursday night between Florida St and Wake Forest.

Friday night

San Jose St +18.5 vs Hawaii (strong play)……………….There is no doubt that Hawaii is going to score a lot of points in this one. Problem is that Hawaii gives up a lot of points as well. I really think we have a nice home doggie here. It is not like San Jose St sucks as they are 3-3 for the year. Hawaii is not going to blow out every team they play and this is a dangerous spot of the road for them. It sounds like Hawaii’s QB will play, but won’t be 100%. I just see a fired up San Jose team giving a great effort and getting the easy cover losing by no more than 14. I actually think they might even have the lead as some points in this game. Almost made this a best bet.

Saturday

Wisconsin +7 vs Penn State (best bet)…………..I am just not all that impressed with Penn State. They seem to be able to win games, but they seem like a boring team who just does what it has to do to win games. Their offense moves the ball between the 20’s, but has not been scoring as many points as it could be. I really think Wisconsin is the better team here, but it is very tough to win in State College. I just do not see Penn State blowing this team out. Wisky way too talented for that. Penn State might win the game, but it will be no more than seven. No worse than a push for me in this one. I can see this game tied in the fourth quarter and somebody getting a field goal or a late touchdown to win it. Lets call it PSU 23-20.

Texas A&M +8.5 vs Texas Tech (best bet)…………….This line is just too high for a couple of 5-1 teams when playing each other. Throw in the natural rivalry factor, and we should have a good close game. The key for A&M is to not fall behind by too many too early. I think they will run the ball and control the clock and keep themselves in this game. Tech has been know to throw out a clunker every once in a while as well. Just a real strong gut feeling this game will be won by 3 or 4 points…by either team.

Nebraska -4 vs Oklahoma St (best bet)…………I really love this one. This line should at least by 6.5 or 7 points. Nothing special about Okie St on the road. After blowing the lead to Texas A&M last week, they might be a little down. Nebraska has turned their program around after a few down years, and games like this is a must win for their program. Okie State has had their problems this year, like that crazy news conference we all know about. I just sense something not right with them. I really think this game might not even be close. We might see a good old fashioned thumping like we used to with games at Nebraska. Huskers by at least 13.

Illinois -3.5 vs Iowa (strong play)…………….I have been saying that Illinois is over rated all season long…I changed my mind. That win over Wisconsin last week proved something to me. Illinois is by far the better team and the only way they lose is if they have a huge letdown. Illinois coach has heard all the talk before about his team never being as good as they should be. This year seems different and they have a chance to do something special. I don’t think he lets this team be hung over from last weeks win. This one might be close since it is at Iowa, but I would be shocked if they don’t win by at least seven points.

Minnesota +7 vs Northwestern (regular play)…………I must be sick playing a game like this, but I cannot justify Northwestern being a favorite of seven over anybody. Even though Minny is 1-5 and Northwestern has a record of 3-3, I don’t think there is much difference in these two teams. Just another gut feeling. I cannot imagine either team winning by more than seven.

S Carolina -7 vs N Carolina (regular play)…………….N Carolina is not a very good football team. S Carolina is a very good football team. USC is used to going on the road in the tough SEC. Playing at N Carolina is no comparison at all. The only reason this line is this low in Carolina’s upset last week. I don’t think this one will be close. N Carolina falls behind early and S Carolina pours it on the rest of the way.

Louisville +10 vs Cincinnati (regular play)…………Who would have ever guessed this line to be what it is at the start of the season. Even though Cincy is the better team and they are at home, I will take a great QB and this many points most of the time. Cincy not used to being in this role, especially against a team like Louisville. On the other side, Louisville is not used to being a dog like this and they might have a little extra something to say about it. We were all shocked to see Louisville lose outright so many times this year, it might turnaround and we might be shocked to see them win a game.

Played nine games total this week. I sense either a great week or I am way off in my thinking and I will get killed. I don’t see anything in between this week. What can I say? I feel pretty good about these.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

GL MARK :beerbang:

Comment

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Do not under any circumstances bet on Nebraska. They still have the same name and colors but that is the only resemblance of the Nebraska of a decade ago. They have lost their past five ATS by an average of 11.5 points. My entire weekly betting strategy revolves around betting against these clowns. They are in my opinion on the same level as the baylor bears.
        Holla at a playa when you see em' on the predictem streets!

Comment

Why so dramatic?

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

i think the score of the nebraska game explains my dramatic warning
            Holla at a playa when you see em' on the predictem streets!

Comment

Working...
            X