Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll bite (Week 8 picks)

South Florida -3 (+100) 5 units

1. SFLA has already won in hostile environments (see: @Auburn). Hell, they seemed to handle Auburn pretty well throughout the game. But, what really impressed me was how this team, especialy Grothe, bounced back after Delbert alvorado missed ALL of those field goals.

2. They handled West Virginia with relative ease. Another thursday night nationally televised game. Yes, it was at home, but if you watched the game, SFLA clearly outclassed them.

3. SFLA corners, who will both be playing on Sundays in the future, should be able to handle Britt and Underwood, which will allow SFLA to not only focus on Rice, but should allow Selvie et al to get some coverage sacks on Teel.

4. It's not like RU has looked dominant at home. What...they've beaten Buffalo/Navy/Norfolk St.? Maryland worked them. Cincy looked very strong against them. So, we're not dealing with a huge homefield advantage here.

5. Weather should be nice and warm. I believe 60s and 70s. No real worries of South Florida coming down with 1990s Tampa Bucs disease regarding the weather.

6. Grothe. Tough as nails. Showed that he has character on the road in the big spot (Auburn).

This can also be had at -2.5 at 5dimes for -115, but i'll take the push risk for the value. I think SFLA wins by 7-14.

It certainly reminds you of the Lousiville/RU thurs night game last year. However, there are some key differences. First, I think losing Leonard has really hampered the RU offense. Secondly, that was a program-changing type game for RU. I think now that RU is bascially "on the map", they don't have that sort of program-changing mentality in this spot.

I think you can make a case that RU is still gunning for the Big East title, which is true. However, I just think SFLa is the real deal, has proven it on the road, and I like Leavitt a lot. He will have this team fired up and ready to go. If you look at the Bulls, it's possible that the sluggish performance against Florida Atlantic 2 weeks ago (or whomever it was) lit a fire under their asses.

Early Saturday lean: It's a STRANGE game, and I think the line will go down to 7 (if it hasn't already), but I think PSU gives Kellen Lewis and James Hardy FITS on saturday. PSU should also travel well for this game as the Hoosier fans don't exactly sell out the building on a week-to-week basis. So, waiting/hoping for that to get to 7.

GL Hoosier Daddy....:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

OK...I'm tailing you then as well... lol. GL :beerbang:

Comment

Thanks guys...

I added 3 more units this morning on South Florida at -2.5 at -102.

Either way, should be really exciting. Up here in the northeast (where it is unseasonably balmy, btw), the game is pretty much an afterthought due to the Torre stuff.

Comment

Well, sorry to those who tailed.

A tough game, obviously. Despite all the trickery and ALL of the highly questionable calls (you had a bad feeling after Hester Jr. got flagged for the unsportsmanlike in the endzone, which was one of the most ticky-tack things I've ever seen), South Florida still had all the momentum in the world in that 4th quarter. All you really need to know is:

Final 2 Bulls possessions: Net -32 yards.

Comment

Working...
          X