Strong Plays (1-1)(-0.20 units)
    Regular Plays (2-1)(+0.90 units)

Overall (4-5)(-6.20 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (8-8)(-2.40 units)
    Strong Plays (7-9)(-5.80 units)
    Regular Plays (12-13)(-2.30 units)

Overall (27-30)(-10.50 units)

I thought I was going to have a great weekend. I started off during the week hitting a best bet with Navy and a strong play with San Jose St, up five units just like that. Then I fell apart of Saturday. On Saturday I lost all three best bets, my other strong play, while going 2-1 in my regular plays. Usually when I am wrong, I am way wrong. I did not even come close on my three best bets with Wisconsin, Texas A&M and Nebraska all getting blown out. I am still shocked at the results of those three. Just not my weekend. Need to forget about it and move on, so that is what we are going to do.

Thursday Night

Rutgers +1.5 vs S Florida (strong play)…………….I have all the respect in the world for this S Florida program, but who are we kidding? They are not the second best team in the country, not even close. If they were truly that good, they would be a 6 to 7 point favorite over this unranked Rutgers team. The line tells you who the winner of this one is, no need to go into details about the X’s and O’s here. Rutgers outright.

Utah +3.5 vs TCU (regular play)……………….Not in love with this play at all. At first glance I loved TCU at home at only 3.5, but something just does not feel right to me about this. More of a gut feeling here than anything else, but something tells me TCU wins by exactly three points.

I will be back later on tonight or sometime Friday morning with the rest of my plays for the entire weekend.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Friday Night

Connecticut +3 vs Louisville (regular play)………….This line must be made up based on reputation only. Louisville with the upset last week must have lines makers thinking they are back. This is still the same over rated team, who can scores many points, but gives up an equal or more points to the opposition. I really think Connecticut is the better team is this game. I have to take the better team at home getting the gift of three points.

Saturday

Kentucky +7 vs Florida (best bet)…………….This Kentucky team just does not seem to get any respect, even after last weeks win vs LSU. If this game were on the road, I think there would be a pretty good chance of a letdown, but not in Kentucky. This team is flying high right now and playing with the most confidence they have ever had. I say the dream season continues as they knock off Florida. Why not….the gators are no better than LSU.

Indiana +7 vs Penn State (best bet)………….I should have jumped this earlier when it was 8, but I still feel pretty solid getting a touchdown at home. Penn State is a completely different team away from Beaver Stadium. They will play a typical Penn State game and do just enough to pull out a win in this one. I would love to see Indy win straight up, and they very well could, but I know the seven points is golden. Indy has it best team is years as well and this might be one of their best chances to put a loss on the Nittany Lions. Nice home doggie here.

Notre Dame +17.5 vs USC (strong play)……………….All of a sudden, USC is not this team who is made of steel and cannot be beat. All of a sudden Notre Dame is not this team that resembles a high school team. Notre Dame has shown great improvement since their horrible start and should have enough at home to make this respectable. There is always a chance USC could come out real angry and destroy them, but I don’t think it will happen. USC by 10-13 in this one.

Missouri -3.5 vs Texas Tech (strong play)…………..Two very good teams go at it here. You know there will be a ton of points scored as well. I just have a strong gut feeling that home field is the difference in this one. Missouri gave Oklahoma all they could handle last week and now come up feeling pretty good about themselves. I know Tech will get their share of points here, but Missouri will get more. Seems like a 48-40 type of game.

Cincinnati -9.5 vs Pittsburgh (regular play)……………This is just my weekly “go against Dave Wannstedt” play. He is actually hurt and will coach the game from a booth and not the field. That actually gives the panthers a better chance. The further he is from the field, the better off they are. So they will only lose by 20 instead of 40 this week.

Michigan “pick” vs Illinois (regular play)…………..You have to give Michigan some credit for turning their season around and they might actually have a chance at the Rose Bowl this year. Illinois is having a great season, but they are not going to go undefeated. Something just tells me Michigan continues to improve and get the W here.

Baylor +24.5 vs Texas (regular play)…………I am taking this because I am stupid and stubborn. I have been losing with Baylor every week. I always get suckered in with all those points because I know they have a decent offense. I am going to keep taking them until they cover. Just call me stupid.

I went a little crazy and played a bunch of games. Hope that is not a mistake. Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Working...
    X