Illinois/Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois/Michigan

Sorry to make a new thread but just wanted to get people's thoughts and share a few points.

First, I notice several on here are backin' the home doggie, including JB, GoBig, Jerbeek, Bo, and PhillyFan. GL to you all!

Let me say that Memorial Stadium will be absolutely rocking tomorrow! I may have stated this before but this was the game before the season started that everyone had circled on their calendars and was sold out before school started. Plus, this is a prime-time home game on national tv at 7 PM so all of us college kids will have had plenty of time to consume a beverage or two and will be extra rowdy. Expect to see lots of Muck Fichigan shirts w/Ann Arbor is a Whore on the back. Anyways, whether Hart plays or not remains to be seen, but even if he does, he will be at less than 100% and the D will be ready to pounce. It also helps that we haven't beat Michigan in 24 years on our home turf. Our players, especially the seniors who have persevered and been through the lowest of the low times here, should be plenty fired up.

One note to make is a somewhat-developing story that I haven't seen get any coverage on sportsline or espn.com yet, but three (3) football players were arrested early Thursday morning. They were involved in a fight outside one of the bars down here and were ticketed for that as well as being underage. The only player of any note is Brian Gamble, the #4 WR. All 3 are freshmen from Ohio and have been suspended for this game and are not going to be allowed around the team for now. I realize that talent-wise, this is not really a loss. However, if there are any lingering distractions for their teammates, that remains to be seen. I just hope the coaching staff keeps everyone focused.

Again, just wanted to see thoughts as well as give everyone a little heads-up for this incident. Go Illini!

Moose
    Moose

"Don't give up! Don't ever give up!" - Jimmy V
Working...
X