Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 Dicussion Thread

NCAA Football Odds

lines are out for Week9 (dang it's week 9 already)....
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I love UW -4 over UAZ......Stoops is pretty much unofficially officially done at UAZ after the debacle vs. Stanford which featured UAZ running a play on 4th and 2 from midfield with 2 minutes left in the 1H when they didn't want to run one, but the offense thought the coach did. The QB snapped the ball and the play which really wasn't a play was stuffed. He is possibly one of the worst coaches in D1 football in terms of how undisciplined and stupid his teams are. They have 2 wins all season, one over a 1-AA school and 1 over WashSt who is worse than they are and their coach is gone, as well. I can't tell you how dejected that team was after the loss. Kids were crying. They are a lost football team. And Stanford went on to score a TD before half and win the game. Stoops is an idiot and he will come up large 1 more time, but it will be at home later in the year or in his last game as coach vs. ASU. I think UW is a dynamic football team on offense and UAZ will lose this by DD, IMO. UW still is looking for a conference win and i think they get it today in this one.

TEXAM +3 vs. KU at home.......KU goes down this weekend. They won a tough one at Colorado and they get their first L this week i think. I don't think KU is good enough to be winning road game after conference road game. They have already won very close games at KSU and Colorado......getting a FG at home is a freeking steal here, IMO. TEXAM wins it SU.

PSU +3 1/2....another home dog + FG or more. I have said for weeks this would be OSU's first L of the season. They have lost there i believe 5 of the last 6 trips and the one trip was a 1 point win. PSU still has a decent defense and i think this is a low scoring game with the winner hitting 20. Even if OSU pulls it out, i don't think it is by more than a FG.....
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 10-21-2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

NCAAF Week 9 trends

Tennessee's Philip Fulmer has been on and off the hot seat recently. Volunteer fans were screaming for Fulmer's scalp after a 59-20 loss at Florida. However, the 16-year coaching veteran has silenced his critics for the time being with three straight victories prior to last week's home tussle with Alabama.

Fulmer could be back in the soup when South Carolina comes to town for another key Southeastern Conference showdown. The Gamecocks have thrived at Tennessee, getting the green in eight of their last nine visits, including the last five. They hit town looking for revenge after losing to Tennessee at home last year, 31-24.

USC has 'covered' 11 of 12 under Coach Steve Spurrier when in revenge mode against a conference rival. The Gamecocks have also cashed eight of their last 11 as road dogs and 11 of 15 overall on the highway versus SEC opponents.

The Volunteers had failed to cash 14 of 17 as home favorites, until getting the cheddar in their first three chances this season. They have come up short at a 10-2-1 clip against conference foes at home and are 0-8-1 at home when facing an opponent with revenge.

BC at VIRGINIA TECH

Boston College has 'covered' its last four in an underdog role and five of six as road pups. The Eagles are 5-1 ATS in their last six clashes with Virginia Tech and 3-1-1 ATS at Blacksburg. However, the Hokies have won seven of the past nine encounters straight up.

AIR FORCE at NEW MEXICO

Air Force has cashed three straight and four of its last five against New Mexico, though it has dropped three of four spread decisions on the road. The Lobos are 7-2 ATS in their last nine home games, but just 4-7-1 ATS in Albuquerque when facing conference competition.

BOISE ST at FRESNO ST

Boise State has 'covered' in five of the past six series squabbles and came away with the cash in two of three at Fresno. The Broncos are 5-1 ATS when playing the second of back-to-back road games. Fresno State is 2-5-1 as dogs and 4-7-1 ATS at home against conference foes.

USF at UCONN

South Florida lost at Connecticut in 2005 as seven-point favorites, 15-10, before rebounding to win at home last year, 38-10. The Bulls are 1-4 ATS on the road when facing an opponent with revenge. The Huskies have cashed six of seven at home against conference rivals prior to last week.

INDIANA at WISCONSIN

Indiana has cashed three of four against Wisconsin and three of four in Madison. The Hoosiers are 9-17 ATS on the conference road and 13-19 as road dogs.

NORTHWESTERN at PURDUE

Purdue has dropped three of its last four ATS when facing Northwestern at Ross-Ade Stadium.

NORTH CAROLINA at WAKE FOREST

North Carolina has cashed three straight and eight of its last 11 against Wake Forest. The Tar Heels are 8-1 in their last nine as dogs, but just 3-7 ATS in their last 10 road ventures. The Demon Deacons have failed in 13 of 18 as home favorites.

PITT at LOUISVILLE

Pittsburgh is 2-8 ATS on the Big East road and it has dropped 11 of 13 ATS on the highway coming off back-to-back home games. Louisville has won and cashed the last two meetings with the Panthers by a combined score of 90-44. The Cardinals are 0-3 as home favorites this season after cashing 15 of 17 in that role. They have 'covered' nine of 12 home tests versus conference foes.

BALL ST at ILLINOIS

Illinois has flunked eight of its last dozen non-conference tests at home ATS. Ball State has 'covered' seven of 10 as underdogs and five of six as double-digit dogs when facing teams with a winning record.

DUKE at FLORIDA ST

Duke has floundered in six of nine against Florida State ATS, but it has cashed two of three at Tallahassee. The Blue Devils have 'covered' seven of their last nine on the road, including four straight this year. The Seminoles have won 10 straight series meetings and have put 50 points or more on the board in eight of 10 tussles. They have dropped six of seven spread decisions at home when facing an opponent with revenge.

MINNESOTA at MICHIGAN

Minnesota has cashed three of its four in the Big House. However, the Golden Gophers are 0-8 as double-digit dogs, 5-14 as road short-enders and 1-6 ATS on the highway of late. Michigan has come up short in 21 of 31 as home chalk.

OLE MISS at AUBURN

Auburn has clicked in six of its last nine versus Mississippi ATS. The Rebels are 2-6 ATS in their last eight road tries. They have 'covered' 10 of 13 as road dogs of more than nine points with revenge. The Tigers are 10-3-1 ATS versus conference foes at home.

IOWA ST at MISSOURI

Iowa State has cashed three of four at Missouri. The series favorite has failed in four of the past five encounters.

MIAMI (O) at VANDY

Miami (O) has 'covered' four of six on the road this year after failing in seven of its previous 10 chances. The Red Hawks have dropped six of nine ATS when facing a non-conference foe on the road. Vanderbilt has cashed three of four in Nashville this season. However, the Commodores are 1-7-1 ATS against non-conference rivals at home and 4-9 as home favorites.

AKRON at BUFFALO

Akron has won the last eight series meetings, failing to cash in the last pair. The Bulls are 9-5 ATS at home in MAC play.

CMU at KENT ST

Central Michigan has 'covered' eight of its past 12 on the conference road.

BAYLOR at KANSAS ST

Baylor is 3-6 ATS in its last nine road games, and 11-20 as short-enders on the highway. Kansas State has 'covered' 12 of 16 at home, five of seven as favorites and nine straight the week before facing Iowa State.

KANSAS at TEXAS A&M

Texas A&M has won and cashed three straight against Kansas. The Aggies could be a home dog in this Big-12 clash. They have 'covered' four straight as home pups.

COLORADO at TEXAS TECH

Texas Tech will be looking to snap a three-game spread losing skid against Colorado. The Buffaloes are 4-11 ATS recently on the road while the Red Raiders have cashed at an 18-10-2 clip when favored in Lubbock.

UNLV at WYOMING

UNLV has 'covered' four of five at Wyoming. The Rebels are 2-13 ATS on the road, 2-11-1 ATS on the Mountain West road and 4-13-1 as short-enders on the highway.

SMU at TULSA

SMU has dominated the series, getting the green in seven of nine meetings overall, including three straight and three of four at Tulsa. The Golden Hurricane is 1-3 at home and 1-3 as favorites this season.

MEMPHIS at TULANE

Memphis has cashed three straight and five of six versus Tulane. The Green Wave is 3-10 ATS at home and 3-9 ATS in New Orleans when facing a conference foe.

USC at OREGON

USC has 'covered' four straight versus Oregon and four of five at Eugene. The Trojans are just 4-10 against conference foes on the road. They have cashed four of five as road dogs. The Ducks are 12-6-1 as home favorites.

LA TECH at UTAH ST

Louisiana Tech has won and 'covered' against Utah State the past two seasons. The Bulldogs are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 road games and they have lost and failed in 10 of 11 on the highway.

ARIZONA at WASHINGTON

Arizona is 1-3 ATS on the road this season. The Wildcats have also failed in 18 of 26 as road dogs. Washington has cashed in the last two series encounters after dropping five in a row ATS, though they have failed to get the green in their last five at home against Arizona. The Huskies could be a slim favorite and if so, they are 1-13 as Pac-10 chalk.

WMU at EMU

Western Michigan has flunked six of nine spread tests against Eastern Michigan, but it has 'covered' two straight on the road.

UAB at ECU

East Carolina has come away with the cheese in nine of 14 at home against conference rivals.

GEORGIA at FLORIDA

Florida has won eight of nine against Georgia (5-2-2 ATS). The Bulldogs have cashed at a 6-1-1 clip in their last eight chances as pups.

MICHIGAN ST at IOWA

Iowa has cashed four of five series encounters, including the last three at home. Michigan State is just 4-7 as road favorites. The Hawkeyes are 19-7 ATS at home versus Big-10 foes.

CLEMSON at MARYLAND

Maryland has passed six of its past seven tests against Clemson ATS.

Comment

VIRGINIA at NORTH CAROLINA ST

Virginia is 4-2 ATS in its last six clashes with North Carolina State, but just 1-3 ATS at Carter-Finley Stadium. The Cavaliers have crumbled in nine of 14 as road favorites and they are 1-6 ATS when playing the second of back-to-back road games. The Wolf Pack is 7-20 ATS at home and 3-8-1 as home dogs. They have also failed to get the money at a 17-7-1 clip at home against conference foes.

NEBRASKA at TEXAS

Texas has won five straight and cashed two in a row at home against Nebraska. The Horns are 22-16 as home chalk and 14-9 ATS in Austin versus Big-12 competition. The Huskers are 2-6-1 ATS on the road, 1-5 as dogs and 4-7 as short-enders on the highway.

IDAHO at NEVADA

Nevada bashed Idaho in the last two meetings by a combined score of 107-21. The Wolf Pack has 'covered' 15 of its last 19 at home and 11 of 14 in Reno against conference rivals.

RICE at MARSHALL

Rice has cashed 10 of its last 15 as underdogs.

UTAH at COLORADO ST

Utah has 'covered' the past four series squabbles. Colorado State has failed to cash five of seven at home and three of four as short-enders at Hughes Stadium.

OHIO at BGSU

Bowling Green has cashed eight in a row against Ohio and won seven of eight meetings SU. The Falcons are 4-9 ATS at home against MAC opposition.

STANFORD at OREGON ST

Oregon State is 7-2 ATS of late against Stanford and it has 'covered' three of four at Corvallis. The Beavers are 52-4 ATS when they win SU against a conference opponent. They have 'covered' 14 of 17 when playing their second to the last game at home.

UCLA at WASHINGTON ST

Washington State has thrived against UCLA, getting the money in seven of eight encounters, including the last four in Pullman. The Bruins are a dismal 2-10 as Pac-10 road favorites. The Cougars are 7-2 in their last nine as home dogs, though they have faltered in four of five as short-enders in 2007.

NIU at TOLEDO

Toledo has cashed seven of its last eight against Northern Illinois and three of four at the Glass Bowl. The Huskies are 1-5 as road dogs of less than seven points. The Rockets are 16-9 as home chalk.

MISSISSIPPI ST at KENTUCKY

Kentucky is 5-1 ATS versus Mississippi State, getting the money in the last two meetings in Lexington. The Bulldogs have cashed six of their last seven on the highway when in revenge mode. The Wildcats are 5-2 in their last seven chances as favorites.

WEST VIRGINIA at RUTGERS

West Virginia is 14-4-1 as road favorites and 16-6 ATS on the Big East road. Rutgers has cashed three of four versus the Mountaineers, but the host in the series in just 1-4 ATS of late.

OHIO STATE at PENN STATE

Ohio State will be looking to reverse course after losing and failing in four of five at Penn State. The Buckeyes are 11-3 ATS on the highway and 10-3 as road chalk. The Nittany Lions are 4-1 at home this year and they have 'covered' four of five as home dogs. They have also 'covered' seven of eight at home with revenge. In addition, the series host has cashed in nine straight meetings.

HOUSTON at UTEP

Houston has cashed its last pair against UTEP.

BYU at SAN DIEGO ST

BYU has struggled on the road this year, dropping four in a row ATS. The Cougars have 'covered' seven of nine against San Diego State, including three of four on the road.

CAL at ARIZONA ST

California has cashed six of eight with Arizona State, including four straight and two in a row on the road. The Sun Devils are 15-7 ATS at home and they have 'covered' eight of nine at home with revenge off back-to-back SU wins.

NEW MEXICO ST at HAWAII

New Mexico State is 7-15 ATS on the road, 6-13 as road short-enders and 6-15 versus conference foes on the highway. Hawaii is 11-6 as home favorites and it has cashed nine of 13 on the Big Island against conference opponents. However, the Warriors have failed to 'cover' six straight after facing San Jose State.

UCF at SO MISS

Central Florida is 9-2-1 ATS away from home, but just 9-14 on the road against Conference-USA rivals.

Comment

i like vatech laying the 3

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
            i like vatech laying the 3
            lol.....was just going to post the same thing........tough environment and i think VTECH is getting better (good win at Clemson a couple weeks ago). :thumbs:

Comment

WAZZU +6...........this will be 8 i am sure by Saturday. WAZZU has owned UCLA in Pullman and UCLA is just a dismal road favorite. Duh-rell has come up huge in games like USC, Cal etc...and he always falls on his ass in these type games (Wazzu, Arizona, Utah, ND at home earlier this year). I think anything above a TD is golden.

Comment

I am gonna take VTech and Penn State. One of those undefeated teams are going to lose and there is a solid chance both of them lose.
                NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Another note on that lone win by OSU at Beaver Stadium. PSU was leading, OSU was driving and they picked up a(I think it was) 4th down due to a pass that bounced to the OSU TE and the ref called it a catch. Not sure if you can see this, if not I'll host it somewhere and re-post:

Comment

I see it...and I remember it well NL. :bang:

Comment

Flyer, Nittany, PSUMAN.....any of you guys going to the game this week. I will be there with or without tickets....winning 6 right now on e-bay for $75 bucks apiece......:thumbs:

WhyTF did you have to burn my eyes with that damned pass I have to see once again....LMAO:puke: :laughing:
                      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Nice work Flyers!!

Thx for all the info:thumbs:

Comment

like all of the ones you mentioned FF psu, a&m, wash
                          ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
                          NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
                          MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
                          CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Some other ones that caught my eye at first glance(more reasons tomorrow morning):

Georgia +9

V-Tech -3.5

Florida Atlantic -7

Louisville -11

Illinois -13.5

A&M +2

Ohio U +7.5

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                              lol.....was just going to post the same thing........tough environment and i think VTECH is getting better (good win at Clemson a couple weeks ago). :thumbs:

I agree on that too. It almost looks too easy which is never good. Va Tech is definitely improving after dealing with the tragedy and coming back together and all, and BC has beaten no one will an inkling of good defense except Jekl and Hyde Georgia Tech. I also think the last month of nothing-ness for BC will affect them greatly. Their last 4 opponents were Army, UMass, and Bowling Green at home and the nNotre Dame on the road.

Slight step up in competition here... slight.

Comment

Working...
                              X