Strong Plays (2-1)(+1.80 units)
    Regular Plays (4-1)(+2.90 units)

Overall (7-3)(+4.40 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (9-9)(-2.70 units)
    Strong Plays (9-10)(-4.00 units)
    Regular Plays (16-14)(+0.60 units)

Overall (34-33)(-6.10 units)

Can’t complain too much this past weekend in college football as I cut my losses almost in half. I guess I can complain a little bit as I should have had a push on one of my best bets with Kentucky +7. They scored on the last play and was not allowed to kick the extra point. Oh well, those are the rules, can’t do anything about them. It is hard to believe, but time is running out on college football. This season is flying. My goal at this stage of the game is just to get back on the plus side. Of course I planned on making money this year in college football, don’t we all, but it has not worked out that way. At this point even if I can say I finished the season at plus one unit, that is still a winning season and better than losing. I need another solid week of picks this week again to get closer to that goal. Here we go……..

Thursday Night

Boston College +3 vs Virginia Tech (strong play)…………Virginia Tech has always been a place where they very rarely lose and this plays qualifies as a lower ranked team giving a higher ranked team points, but I just feel that Tech is over rated. I love this BC team. I am not so sure that they should be the number two team in the country, but they are at least a top ten. I think the key to this game is going to be BC’s defense. I really see them putting the clamps on Tech’s offense. BC has a pretty good offense, but they won’t light it up against Tech either. This should be a great game. I just feel BC is the better overall team and they will come out with the straight up win, but once again, I am not going to get greedy and play the moneyline. I love those three points just in case.

Air Force +6 vs New Mexico (regular play)…………………Air Force is the better team. Home field is the only thing in favor of New Mexico in this one and I don’t think it will make a difference of a touchdown. Air Force will use their great running game, control the clock and time of possession, and make this into a close game. The six points should come in handy here.

Back on Friday with the Friday game if I like it and my picks for the entire weekend.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Nice start to this week, hitting a strong play and a regular, picking up three units. I will update my record at the end of the week, but I have cut my deficit from 6.10 to 3.10. My goal is to be on the plus side heading into next week. I have been doing well on the Thursday games lately and then giving it back on Saturday…hopefully this Saturday will be different.

Friday Night

I am taking a pass on this one. I did like Boise when I first saw the line, but with their best running back Johnson out for this game, I will have to take a pass. Something tells me Fresno is the smart bet, but it is a no play for me.

Saturday’s Games

Northwestern +13 vs Purdue (best bet)…………….When I look at all my numbers, it just does not add up to Purdue being almost a two touchdown favorite in this game. This Northwestern team is a scappy bunch who can put points on the board. This is homecoming for Purdue, but I don’t care. You always read how they will be up for homecoming, so watch out. If that were the case, we would just bet the homecoming team every time and we would all be rich. I would be curious to see what homecoming teams are vs the spread if anybody has the time to try and find that out. I don’t see the Wildcats going into Purdue and winning this game, but the most I see them losing by is 10. Feel pretty good about this one.

USC +3 vs Oregon (best bet)……………..Everything I have read is on Oregon. That is why I am taking USC. I would love to wait and see if this line goes to 3.5, but I don’t want to risk it in case it drops to 2.5. Granted USC is not the dominating team they were supposed to be, but they are still the best PAC-10 team in my eyes. Now is the time for them to wake up. I really think after blowing out Notre Dame 38-0 last week, we might see the USC team of the past couple of years. This is a statement game and they are saying “we will not be forgotten about” The are going to prove a point to the counrty that they are still the team to beat in the pac-10. If I happen to be wrong, I only hope Oregon wins by a field goal and I get a push.

Penn State +3.5 vs Ohio State (strong play)…………One thing for sure is that you don’t have to be afraid to bet against top five teams this year as they just keep dropping. Ohio St is number one and PSU is pretty solid as well, but neither team in my eyes has an impressive win yet this year. I don’t think the Big 10 is all that great and they are over rated as a conference. One thing I do know is that Penn State is a completely different team at Beaver Stadium that is capable of beating anybody. The place is going to be crazy on a Saturday night with a packed house. Unless Ohio State jumps out to a big early lead, and take the crowd out of the game, they are going to lose this game. I almost made this a best bet as well, but I very rarely play more than two best bets. I can hardly wait to watch this one, it will be the best game of the weekend.

Michigan -23 vs Minnesota (strong play)…………I am not sure what Michigan’s problem was, but after starting out 0-2, they have looked like a top three team in the country. They are playing a pathetic Minnesota team. This is the worst Minny team in years, they are really bad. Michigan can truly name this score. If they said before the game they wanted to win 53-10...they could do that. They might have to let Minny score at the end of the game to do that though as I don’t see them scoring that many while the Wolves can score at will here. I don’t see any letdown or look aheads either. They need to pour it on to show the public and voters out there that thw 0-2 start was insane. They are going to win the conference title this year. Michigan gets Ohio State at home to end the season and they are going to knock them off. Lets call it Michigan 53-10.

Louisville -9.5 vs Pittsburgh (regular play)…………..Everybody out there knows I am a Pitt fan and how I feel about Dave Wannstedt. The sad thing is last week, no matter how they do the rest of the year, will probably save his job. He will talk about his young kids and their potential. He will beg enough that the Pitt AD will give him one more year to prove himself. I guess the only way I can look at that is it gives us all a chance to make more money fading his coaching abilities. Lets forget about last weeks win over Cincy. Pitt’s offense in not that bad, they will score 30 points in this game. The problem is Louisville will score at least 45. Pitt is still a decent team with an idiot for a coach. Nothing has changed since last week. I am not going to write anymore about this game. You all know why I am on Louisville. It is my anti-Dave play of the week.

Connecticut +4 vs S Florida (regular play)
    Rutgers +6 vs W Virginia (regular play)

Something about those Big East home doggies that I love. I really don’t think W Virginia is the great, dominating team people think, especially on the road. S Florida has been exposed as well. It is insane to think just last week they were the number two team in the country. Think about that. Has the quality of college football got that bad this year. I just think the voters want something different and they are/were a bit confused. I know at least one of these two are winners and I can live with a split, but both have a good shot to win.

This is the week I get back on the plus side, I can feel it.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Working...
    X