USFMD82's Week 9, Spread question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFMD82's Week 9, Spread question

Well Thanks to some great heads up by some of you guys I hit both games last night..

Im staying away from So. FL for a bit, I am gonna tell myself what I would of bet and then see how I do.. going with my straight gut, no analysis (every time Ive analyzed Ive done bad) I say I will side with the Under 45 on that game (would of bet 1 unit.. we will see how it would of faired :) )

I put in a 3 team parlay

CMichigan -2.5
    OhioSt -3.5
    FloridaIntl +41

Am I reading that right +41? thats an insane amount to give them, My guess is while FIU is as unheard of as USF was 4 years ago, my head tells me they have probably been mentally preparing for this game all season will they win, very unlikely they haven't won a game in a month shy of 2 years, but I am very confident they can cover the spread, they are thinking this is their one chance to make a name for themselves likely, while Arkansas is no powerhouse, its a big league team compared to what they play every weekend. I feel they can hold them at least one TD shy to make this spread make me sweat.. Oh yeah an Marcus Monk (WR ARK) is a possible scratch, while many reports are saying hes been practicing well, he had 2 surgeries done on his knee according to Yahoo

Going on this, +41, whats the biggest spread you have ever seen and even more, did the team with the - cover it?
    Last edited by USFMD82; 10-26-2007, 02:33 PM. Reason: Oops
    Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
    Taking a sabbatical from wagering

i think a little ol' D2 team was getting more than 41 this year and beat Michigan outright......

NFL: 14-12 (+7.75)

CBB: 07-08: 54-43(+11.25) RD 3-1

Comment

tulane was getting 41 vs lsu this year and covered.

Comment

Not so fast

Well Actually it wasn't Appalachian St. They're spread was around 25. However, Stanford did end up around 41 when they played USC.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamrock View Post
          i think a little ol' D2 team was getting more than 41 this year and beat Michigan outright......
          That's actually incorrect. They were getting about 27(ish) depending on where you got the line.

BullsFan - Spreads of 40+ points are not that uncommon in college football.

Comment

Well yeah with all the mismatches, but it was a first for me, until then the highest spread id seen was 27 lets see if I end up eating my word on this one :)
            Last Wager placed 01/11/09 - Loss
            Taking a sabbatical from wagering

Comment

Working...
            X