MP's week 10 picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's week 10 picks

Finally got off the shnide last week with a 4-1 mark. Here's to keeping the momentum :cheers:

Texas Tech -21 at Baylor (2 units) WIN

Its been a rough two weeks for TT, as the offense hasn't performed as well as they should. The perfect elixir is Baylor's defense, which is God-awful. Baylor is 0-5 in Big 12 play and they have lost by an average of 30.2 ppg in conference play.

Texas Tech has had Baylor's number over the past five years. They are 5-0 against the Bears and have won by 25, 28, 48, 51, and 34 points in the last five meetings.

Virginia Tech +2.5 at Georgia Tech (2.5 units) WIN

VT was better than the supposed #2 team in the country for 58 minutes last week only to see Heismatt Ryan carve them up in the final two minutes.

They are probably pretty upset in Beamer land and GT should get some frustration taken out on them. Without leading rusher and pretty much their only real offensive weapon in Tashard Choice out with a knee injury, expect VT to get after GT QB Taylor Bennett, who has only two TD passes all season.

The wrong team is favored here IMO and VT not only covers, but wins outright.

Maryland +2.5 at UNC (2.5 units) LOSS

A mediocre-at-best UNC team that is coming off a 37-10 ass-whippin' at the hands of Wake Forest is laying points? Where do I sign up?

The only thing UNC has going for them here is that they are a much better home team than road team. But I think Maryland has a huge advantage in that they have struggled against some of the best rushing teams in country and best backs (Rice, Spiller/Davis, Slaton/White, Choice) but UNC is one team that sucks running the ball. They average barely over 100 yards a game and don't have a back that has rushed for more than 100 yards in a game.

Should be a low-scoring game and I like Maryland's chances.

NC State +11.5 at Miami (4 units) WIN

The Wolfpack have to be feeling good about themselves after knocking off ranked Virginia and winning two straight after a tough 3-game losing streak. RB Jamelle Eugene has emerged as a solid back, rushing for over 100 in two of the last 3 games.

Miami, meanwhile, has lost two of its last 3 and needed a 4th quarter miracle to beat FSU last week. QB Kyle Wright was hurt in that game and likely will not play in the game.

Miami could win this game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see NC State pull off a mild upset. Regardless, I'll take the double-digit points as I think it is a TD game either way.

Michigan -4 at Michigan State (4 units) PUSH

I still don't think Michigan is getting the credit it deserves despite winning seven straight and sitting tied with OSU atop the Big 10. And this is without (at times) Mike Hart and Chad Henne, who have been nursing injuries all year.

They are each expected to be back against a struggling MSU team that has lost four of its last five and blew a 17-3 halftime lead last week. Henne has completed 70.1 percent of his passes (61-of-87) for 669 yards and 10 touchdowns with only one interception in three meetings with the Spartans. Hart, meanwhile, has totaled 564 rushing yards and two touchdowns in those contests.

Michigan has won 9 of the last 11 meetings including an 18-point win last year. With the Wolverines looking to keep pace with OSU, they make it 10 of 12 with a two score win.

Texas -3 at Oklahoma State (4 units) PUSH

Say what you will about Okie State's ability to play ranked teams tough. The story here is that Texas needs this game badly and cannot afford to lose here. They played uninspired last week against Nebraska and if they want to move up into the top 10, a victory here is paramount.

Texas got a great game from RB Jamaal Charles last week (290 yds, 3 TDs) and he looks to be in top form. But Colt McCoy is the key in this game. The Cowboys have an atrocious pass D that has allowed some huge passing numbers (404 to K-State; 371 to Troy; 646 to T-Tech). McCoy could light up the Cowboy secondary but just needs to limit his mistakes.

Texas has won nine straight in the series since Oklahoma State's 42-16 victory in Stillwater on Oct. 4, 1997. The Longhorns are 19-2 all-time against the Cowboys, with their only other loss a 13-8 home defeat on Nov. 11, 1944.

Bottom line is the Longhorns have their number and on paper they are better than a FG. Good enough for me.

Good luck all :booz:
    Last edited by MParris86; 11-04-2007, 10:38 AM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Im right with ya on VaTech and Merryland... easy winners IMO. Gotta make some $$$ off the ACC cause otherwise they are too ****ty to even watch.
    Marcus Lattimore... Remember the name!

Comment

Nice card, MP! Luv VT, the Terps and NC ST--that O'Brien is a helluva coach --has nothing due to injuries this year but knows how to get a team ready to play.:thumbs:
      What! No Irish -- only laying a FG??:beerbang:

Comment

Best of Luck!!!

Comment

With ya on the Terps Tightend! GL to ya and GO DOVER!:thumbs:
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Wow, will their be an easier cover than VT over GT? Taylor Bennett should NOT be a starting quarterback. VT did exactly what I thought, which is get after him and force him into GOD AWFUL decisions.

Anyway, nice start to the week. Congrats to everbody on the Hokies yesterday! :thumbs:

Comment

Nice win last night MP! :beerbang: With you on Texas and love the Wolfpack play!!! :thumbs: They've finally got some momentum going their way. I'd be on that with you if it wasn't against my rules!

BOL the rest of the weekend!

Comment

Adding:

Louisiana Tech -3.5 at Idaho (2.5 units) WIN

Bulldog ground game continues to get more formidable. Patrick Jackson posted his second 100-yard effort of the season last week (101 yards, 2 TDs) against Utah State, while Daniel Porter had 129 yards, his second straight strong outing. That made things easier for QB Zac Champion, who completed 23-of-29 passes for 230 yards. The Bulldog defense specializes in stopping the run, good news since the Vandals prefer a rushing attack.

Louisiana Tech's rushing offense will be too much for Idaho who have yet to find a WAC win. Seeing a 10-14 point win for the Techsters.
                Last edited by MParris86; 11-04-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

GL MP. Hope ya roll 'em this weekend. :thumbs:
                  :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

4-1-2 on the weekend. Could have been a marquee weekend but two pushes by Michigan & Texas, my two biggest plays, were rough. :bang:

Anyway, I'll take it.

Comment

Working...
                    X