The Heisman Trophy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Heisman Trophy

Are they allowed to NOT give it out this year? Seriously, who deserves it? No one.

Right now, I would guess the top 3 guys (in no particular order) are Matt Ryan, Dennis Dixon, and Tim Tebow. One guy has been awful for the last two games except for 2 minutes of 90 total, the other guy no one has ever heard of cause he plays in Oregon, and the third guy is on a team with 3 losses and has doesn't have the stats to overcome having that many losses.

Who is going to get this trophy???

Should be Dixon from what I have seen this year. Will probably be Ryan.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Chris Wells of OSU making a push?

I just can't see Dennis Dixon winning the Heisman. No one East of the Mississippi has a clue who he is.

Comment

White and Slaton will be in NY this year.
        NFL 2-0. Week 1
        Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Is Brennan completely out of consideration?
          Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

I still think Ryan is the best QB, but Dixon absolutely deserves it.

Hell...I think Reesing should start getting some pub as well

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              Chris Wells of OSU making a push?

I just can't see Dennis Dixon winning the Heisman. No one East of the Mississippi has a clue who he is.
              Jonathon Stewart of Oregon is somebody nobody talks about, but he will be the first RB taken in the draft if he comes out by all accounts i have heard. Wells has really flown under the radar, which surprises me for a guy who runs for 5.6 YPC and runs for big yards in crunch time. But OSU is all underclassmen and most of these guys weren't names before this year so they aren't getting any pub because they weren't part of the preseason "hype machine" that is the Heisman trophy.

I disagree on Ryan. He was awful the last 2 weeks out side of 2 minutes vs. VATECH in what can best be described as horrible coaching on VTECH's part and a fluke. Don't get me wrong, he is a good QB....just not a heisman trophy QB. And for all the Matt Ryan bogus hype, what about Chase Daniel from Mizzou then. Put them side by side and it is Chase Daniel having the better year (69.8 to 61 Completion %, 18-10/19-11 TD/INT, 7.8 to 6.8 YPAttempt in favor of Daniel) and Chase Daniel's team is oh by the way 8-1 and ranked in the top 10 as well. He had 428 5/1 in the road today in a huge blowout win vs. Colorado.

They days of a senior "having" to win it are getting more distant as most superstars leave for the NFL after their junior season.

I'll tell you who the best player is in CFB IMO and that is Laurnaitus from OSU. There isn't a player (outside of maybe Dixon) who makes more of a difference on a good team than he does. 20 tackles today vs. Wisconsin....just a lights out game vs. Penn State....he is the man. He is the anchor of what is the best defense i have seen so far in CFB (and i am not a DukieGM homer guy). But we all know defensive players won't win it.

Top 5 "my style": (in no order) Lauranitus, Dixon, Hart (dude is still averaging 154 YPG and 5.5 YPC), Daniel (at the moment), Jonathon Stewart (6.7 YPC and 130+/game), .

probably forgot somebody but i would put them in there. Neither Slaton or White are in the top 30 in rushing yards/game or YPC so they go bye bye in my world. Guys like Brohm, Ray Rice, McFadden.....good players but didn't put together the kind of year to make it IMO. Rice running for 4.8 YPC which is far less than any of the above and lets face it, he hasn't exactly faced a lot of great defenses this year. McFadden and Brohm disappeared in some big games early in the year.

who knows....that's the way i see it and there certainly is no clear cut guy.
              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

A healthy Mike Hart wins the trophey.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  A healthy Mike Hart wins the trophey.
                  Yea, but he wasn't healthy. He missed two games. I guess he can make a huge jump if he runs for 250 yards against OSU and they win, but otherwise he won't get it.

Looking quickly by conference, here on the guys who could get invites (mind you, some have SLIGHT chances but they could with back to back monster games and their teams winning):

BIG EAST: White, Slaton
                  BIG 10: Wells, Laraunitis, Hart
                  ACC: Ryan
                  BIG 12: Bradford, Reesing, Daniel
                  PAC 10: Dixon, Stewart
                  SEC: Tebow, Woodson, McFadden

If you look at this list, FlyersFan is right... The only guy who has dominated every game he's played in is James Laraunitis. Will he win it? Not a ******* chance in the world. Plus, the kid has been on roids since he was 12 if you ask me, but that's neither here nor there.

Neither White nor Slaton have a chance really IMO because they will split votes and they've both had worse years than they did last year. Wells and Hart could win it if they have HUGE last two games since the dearth of Heisman type RB candidates is evident this season. Laraunitis has no shot. Ryan will be invited for sure, but I don't think eh can win. He has thrown 12 INT's already this season. The 3 Big 12 QB's are very intriguing. Bradford IMO could be the best player in the country and he's only a frosh. Daniel and Reesing have sick numbers and great records, but will play one another soon and one will be eliminated and the other will need to beat Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship game to get invited. Dixon is getting invited unless his injury keeps him out of the line-up. Stewart has no shot IMO because of Dixon. Tebow has weird stats but is having a fantastic year, and Woodson deserves to be invited IMO because of what he's done with that program and the kind of year he's had. McFadden is a flat out beast is never out of it.

I forgot Colt Brennan, but he has NO SHOT.

Right now I would invite: Hart, Ryan, Woodson, Dixon but I wouldn't be surprised if 2 of these guys don't get invited by the end of the year.

Comment

flyers, why would anyone take stewart in the draft before mcfadden?

Comment

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
                      flyers, why would anyone take stewart in the draft before mcfadden?
                      all i am telling you is what i heard on the radio on a couple of occassions on like FOX. You really can't go wrong with either guy i don't think.

Comment

Cuse- i thought about Reising, but unfortunately he hasn't faced ANYONE this season with KU's schedule as bad as it is, and he really hasn't played in a big game yet. He probably won't until the Mizzou game and the big12 title game. If he were to win both of those and put up good numbers, i wouldn't be opposed to putting him on the map.

Slaton isn't even in the top 30 RB's in YPG or YPC so he doesn't get an invite IMO. And Woodson with the MissST loss i think palayed himself out of any chance or maybe even a trip.

Should be interesting, as i don't even think anyone can put together a solid list of 5 guys let alone pick one.......and as Cuse pointed out, guys on the list now may not be there in 2 weeks. I also think that is a product of parity in CFB and also more and more kids leaving early for the NFL. Gone are the days of the stud senior QB coming back after a good junior year to play........like Andre Ware or David Klingler......:laughing: :laughing:

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                          Gone are the days of the stud senior QB coming back after a good junior year to play........like Andre Ware or David Klingler......:laughing: :laughing:
                          Chad Henne :dunno: :laughing:

Comment

I vote colt brennan if they win out, and get to a bcs bowl game.......

but they took my voting card away from me..............................

He is the only player who has "some" consistency this year.....

Action without thought is like shooting without aiming.

Comment

Originally posted by Hackman View Post
                              I vote colt brennan if they win out, and get to a bcs bowl game.......

but they took my voting card away from me..............................

He is the only player who has "some" consistency this year.....
                              Two issues with Colt

1. strength of schedule
                              2. He's in a passing offense so it's expected that he'll have huge #s, but I like him.
                              Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Working...
                              X