This is amazing....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is amazing....

If OSU beats ILL at home next weekend.....they assure themselves of NOT playing in the Rose Bowl. Unbelievable. If they lose to UM, UM goes and if they run the table they go to the Sugar Bowl. Tressel has played in 3 Fiesta Bowls, 1 Alamo Bowl, 1NC game bowl (whatever that thing was called last year in Glendale) and ZERO Rose Bowls. He has won the Big10 in 2002, 2005 and 2006 and now possibly 2007.....and if he does so he will have been to ZERO freeking Rose Bowls. I could give a rats fking ass about the fiesta bowl, sugar bowl whatever.........when the big 10 champ doesn't go to the Rose Bowl anymore, why do we still have bowls?

CFB really sucks and they might as well have a playoff. They have pretty much ruined all the tradition anyway, might as well finish 'er off.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 11-04-2007, 12:16 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Who gives a ****:laughing:

Comment

If Boise State goes to the Rose (as I have seen on some website predictions), they might as well trash the whole damn thing.

I thought Boises win last year was great, BUT, they play nobody all year, and in my opinion would have lost to OU nine out of ten times.

The WAC sucks plain and simple.

By the way, it would not be the Sugar Bowl but the BCS Champ bowl again.....and I will gladly trade spots with your 'predicament'.
      Go Boilers!
      thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
      NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
      NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
      NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
      NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
      NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
      NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
      NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
      NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
      NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerBacker View Post
        If Boise State goes to the Rose (as I have seen on some website predictions), they might as well trash the whole damn thing.

I thought Boises win last year was great, BUT, they play nobody all year, and in my opinion would have lost to OU nine out of ten times.

The WAC sucks plain and simple.

By the way, it would not be the Sugar Bowl but the BCS Champ bowl again.....and I will gladly trade spots with your 'predicament'.
        i hadn't seen that. if that would be the case with boise or hawaii in the rose bowl, then just shine the thing, i agree. I thought the NC game was the sugar bowl this year? Im so freeking confused. I just looked it up and the NC game is in N.O, but it is the NC game bowl or whatever. So if i understand this right, the NC game rotates between cities? I guess i still don't get it. Why don't they just play the dang bowls on January 1st the way they were intended to be played and play that game on January 8th between the bowl winners that are ranked the highest? The freeking game is already on like the 6th, what's another 2 days. So OSU could (if they get there) play in the Rose Bowl vs. Oregon and that winner would play the winner of say LSU and the Big12 survivor (which might be the Sugar bowl) in the NC game? That would be too easy i guess.......:dunno:

i guess what sucks is i live in SoCal, the dang rose bowl is supposed (was) to be big10 winner v. pac 10 winner and they never play out here, despite winning the big 10. maybe i am old school, but it would mean a lot more to me for OSU to play in the rose bowl than the NC game or the stupid fiesta bowl.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

You want to know something amazing. LOL WVU grew some littles balls. Just release this today:

WVU begins a string of nonconference series next season. WVU plays host to Auburn next season and at Auburn in 2009, host to Michigan State in 2010 and in Michigan State in 2011 and host to Florida State in 2012 and at Florida State in 2013

Hey it's Improvement.

I just wonder if in 2012 and 2013 if Bobby Bowden will be in a wheelchair or on a stretcher?

Chance if the old fart lives that long, it could be another Bowden Bowl. LOL

Terry Bowden was in town last week and said he contacted WVU last year when rumors had Coach Rich going to Alabama and turned down the job. WVU was ready to hire Terry. Watch for him to take the SMU job, but rumor has it Nebraska is looking at him too. He quit drinking and took of 65 pounds. If Coach Rich leave look for him to take his spot. The rest of the country may hate him or make fun of him but here in WV we love him.
          NFL 2-0. Week 1
          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

TV changed the bowl game thing. The almighty dollar. And not to mention that if Ohio State was undefeated and went to the Rose Bowl and won and LSU was undefeated and won the Sugar Bowl you had this big fuss over who was really number 1. Split Championship thing. AP would vote for Ohio State. UP would vote for LSU. It did get messed up. Then you get the Fiesta Bowl (was invented for ND) in the mix. Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl and Orange Bowl tradition is gone. Even the Cotton Bowl is crap now. I remember when I was a kid., the Rose Bowl Parada was in the morning and then the Grandaddy of them all was at night same time Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl was always at night. Had one heck of a half time show also. Jan 1 was a great day back in the time.
            NFL 2-0. Week 1
            Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

My sentiments.....if you're going to trash the old system by not allowing the conference alliances to follow thru on bowl games, then let's just get rid of them all together and use them as playoff sites/games. The sponsors could still "get theirs" and we would truly have a playoff system. "Back in the day" as queen said, I couldn't wait for the bowl games and being a Big10 fan the Rose Bowl was king of them all. The bowl games have lost a lot of luster and I watch but not with the fervor of the past. I can't wait for the national championship game and everything else is just cake before the icing. My brother used to go to the Rose Bowl every year, but now since 2002 when OSU won the title, he's on the Fiesta Bowl ticket list and not the Rose Bowl....:sm:
              Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

The Big 10 champ still is designated to go to the Rose Bowl to play the Pac 10 champ, it just has happened that one or the other has been in the championship game almost every year between Ohio State and USC. The system as it (with the bowl tie-ins plus the NCG) is kinda screwy.

And yea FF, the NCG does rotate amongst those places.

Comment

My favorite bowl game is the Commode Bowl game played between residents of South Charleston and Dunbar WV every Thanksgiving day!!!!!!! This annual football game had the friendly rivalry between the "River Rats" and the "Hillsiders."

Only in WV :laughing:

And this post is not a joke.

Queen
                  NFL 2-0. Week 1
                  Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

You dont believe me here's a picture of one of the floats

The Space Suitcase » 2005» November

See the pictures of the game.

No helmets or pads.

They dont call us dumb hillbillies for nothing
                    NFL 2-0. Week 1
                    Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                      Who gives a ****:laughing:
                      Now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are

Comment

Good Lord that Biscut sandwich looks yummmy!
                        If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                          Good Lord that Biscut sandwich looks yummmy!
                          Oh BJ best breakfast around.

I'll bring ya one next year in Vegas. LOL

I'll bring ya a rocket. Steak, Egg, Cheese and potato all on one biscut. I't to die for. Too bad I'm back on my diet. That was a Mary B. Bacon, Egg and Cheese. The other was Ham and cheese.
                          NFL 2-0. Week 1
                          Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

Working...
                          X