• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePa's US Marine Corp Birthday Week #11 CFB Picks

UPDATED YTD: 38 - 27 - 3
    UNITS: +12.5
    WEEK #10: 5 - 2 - 1
    MAC: 20 - 9 (#1:3-0, #2:2-1, #3:2-0, #4:1-1, #5:2-0, #6:1-1, #7:2-2, #8:2-2, #9:2-1, #10:3-1)

Tuesday -
    CENTRAL MICHIGAN -2.5 @ Western Michigan (bought the hook just in case, it's a rivalry game and the weather is supposed to be cold, windy, and possible sleet).

Wednesday -
    OHIO UNIVERSITY -3 @ Akron

Friday -
    BOWLING GREEN -3 @ Eastern Michigan

Saturday -
    KENT STATE -2.5 @ Northern Illinois
    IOWA STATE +6.5 vs. Colorado
    UCONN +6.5 @ Cincinnati
    SPARTY +4 @ Purdue
    JAW JUH -1 vs. Auburn (my apologies to BO!)
    KANSAS -6 @ Okie State (them Cowboys' biskits are burning after Tejas branded them with a huge comeback)

OVEN MITT YTD: 5 - 5
    Week #10: 1 - 0

He's on a friggin' 4-0 win streak!

"Definitely"
    NEBRASKA +8 vs. Kansas State

BOL to ya!
    Last edited by joepa66; 11-09-2007, 04:36 PM. Reason: Updated picks!
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

GL This week....I like em all...especially the Chipps......The Mitt seems to be doing his home work.Great job.........K.I.R.

Comment

Nice job last week, Joe! Can't wait for CBB to get in full swing...

Good luck this week, amigo!

Oh, whoa is Gopher Nation...:bang:

Comment

I notice the weather might be a factor in Kalamazoo tomorrow night. 30 degrees and 60% of rain and/or snow showers, and 20 mph NNW winds expected. The under might interest me, as well...

I see I can get Centra -3l +100, now. Probably should jump on it...

Comment

gl Joepa...was taking a look at CMU as well, gonna jump on it too
          To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
          2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

GL JoePa,

I'm with you on both CMU and Ohio.

Linesmaker now has CMU @ -2.5.

:thumbs:
            "All I ask for is the opportunity to prove that money won't make me happy" ---- Unknown:booz:

Comment

Just saw the line was down to 2.5, 2 and even 1.5 in one book, even though the market average is almost 9:1 on CMU.

What is the deal here?

Comment

Thanks for the headsup guys....I've been watching it because of the weather, etc.

Gopherbroke - No major injuries on either side. I think it's more of just this:
                Since 1990, the visiting team in this series has won just twice: CMU at Western Michigan in 1993, 23-18, and Western Michigan at CMU in 2002, 35-10. Western Michigan leads the all-time series, 43-33-2. The home team is 15-2 in this series dating back to 1990. Last season, the Chippewas claimed a 31-7 win at home that clinched the MAC West Division title. The Broncos were 31-24 winners at Waldo Stadium in 2005. CMU’s last win in Kalamazoo was a 23-18 decision in 1993.

With a Win, CMU Would...
                1. ... open consecutive seasons 5-0 in MAC play for the first time since 1979-80.
                2. ... remain unbeaten in MAC play and alone in first place in the West Division.
                3. ... claim its first win at Waldo Stadium since 1993.
                4. ... defeat Western Michigan in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1993-94.

But check this out:
                This is the second straight year CMU has started MAC play 4-0. It marks the first time the Chippewas have been 4-0 in the MAC in consecutive seasons since 1979-80; both of those seasons culminated in MAC championships for CMU. With a win at Western Michigan, CMU would be 5-0 in MAC play in consecutive seasons for the first time in program history.

With three games remaining in the regular season, CMU is alone in first place in the MAC West Division. WMU has dropped two straight and three of its last four games overall. CMU can clinch the West Division and earn a repeat trip to the MAC Championship Game:

• If Toledo defeats Eastern Michigan on Saturday, CMU can clinch the West Division with a win at Western Michigan.

The CMU offensive line leads the MAC in sacks allowed with nine. Dan LeFevour has not been sacked since early in the fourth quarter against Northern Illinois (Sept. 29). The Chippewas have played 16 complete quarters and LeFevour has attempted 159 passes since the last sack CMU has allowed.

Dan LeFevour has been particularly effective against MAC opponents this season. In four conference games, LeFevour has completed 103-for-140 passes (73.6 percent) for 1,135 yards, 10 touchdowns and two interceptions. He has also rushed 43 times for 314 yards (7.3 yards per carry) and four touchdowns. LeFevour is averaging 283.8 yards per game passing and 78.5 yards per game rushing in conference games for an average of 362.3 yards per game of total offense in MAC games.

No major injuries -
                Red Keith, LB, had started 44 consecutive games before sitting out the majority of last weekend’s win at Kent State. Keith, who is playing through injuries to his thumb, biceps and shoulder this season, had been in the starting lineup for every game since the start of the 2004 season prior to last weekend. He did play but sparingly. I don't think they'll need him as the Broncos haven't achieved this season but guess that he will play!
                Last edited by joepa66; 11-06-2007, 08:33 AM.
                Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL JoePa - with ya on the CHIPPS!
                  NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
                  MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
                  MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
                  NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
                  Updated on 01/13/18
                  ---
                  One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

JOEPA,

Did you hear anything about WM starting a freshman QB tonight?

Comment

GL Joepa

GL to ya Joepa! Really like CMU tonight. Seems to me you take out a couple of those
                      nonconference games and they've got some pretty good numbers!

BOL to ya Bro! :beerbang:
                      From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

PSUMAN ---- the only freshman on the roster is Drew Burdi and he's only attempted 3 passes on the year.....Tim Hiller is a sophomore QB who started half the season for the Broncos last year......here's their 2007 QB stats:

HILLER, Tim 190/300-13 63.3% 2067yds. 229.7ypg
                        PEREGRIN, Thomas 18/33-2 54.5% 158yds. 31.6ypg
                        BURDI, Drew 2/3-0 66.7% 17yds 9.0ypg
                        MARTIN, Herb 1/1-0 100.0% 14yds. 1.6ypg

Shorts....they have been rolling up the yardage and the points in MAC play.:thumbs:

Comment

GL Joepa
                          NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

Thanks, Joe. See it has been hit back to 3. Just a strange line movement. I generally don't like seeing that type of movement. Worries me a bit sometimes.

Thanks again, and good luck this week/weekend!!! :beerbang:

Comment

Looks like the weather is going to play a factor here. Looks to me that CMU has a slight advantage in rushing offense and rushing defense. Tough game to figure for an outsider, so I'm just going to have to blindly tail you again, I guess...:laughing:

Probably play a little on the under, too, if I can get it at 66+.

Comment

Working...
                              X