Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's Week 11 CFB Picks

Finally over .500 on the year! :boom:

Nice 4-1-2 week last week. Let's keep it rolling....

Central Michigan -3 at Western Michigan (2.8 units) PUSH

Chippewas will look to wrap up the MAC West title tonight. They are the better team IMO and should be able to at least outscore WMU should the game get into a shootout situation. Weather could play a factor and I like CMU RB Justin Hoskins, coming off a 151-yard game. WMU was held to just 53 total rushing yards in their last loss to EMU.

Ohio University -2.5 at Akron (4 units) (bought 0.5pt) LOSS

After last night's game, I'll play it safe and buy the hook. I do, however, see Ohio winning this one by at least a TD. They have a much better offense that is averaging about 10 more ppg and 75 ypg more than Akron. This is even more evident the past three weeks, as OU has averaged 33.7 ppg going 2-1 while Akron has averaged 16.6 ppg in going 0-3.

OU has the best player on the field and arguably the best player in the MAC in RB Kalvin McRae. He has 703 yards and 11 TDs over his last four games, averaging 175 yards and almost three rushing TDs per game. He will be the difference maker.

UConn +6 at Cincinnati (4 units) LOSS

Two pretty evenly matched teams in my opinion, although UConn has alot on the line in this one including eyeing a Big East title. Cincy has struggled at times against good rushing teams and UConn has two very good backs in Donald Brown and Andre Dixon. Cincy allowed 260 rushing yards to Pitt in a loss and Pitts' RB tandem Shady McCoy and Larod Stephens-Howling, each rushed for 100+.

I feel UConn should win straight up as they have a better defense than Cincinnati (havent allowed > 19 pts to any opponent) but I'll gladly take the points.

Fresno State +17.5 at Hawaii (4 units) WIN

Simply too many points here IMO. Hawaii hasn't faced a team of Fresno State's caliber all season and the Bulldogs are playing pretty decent ball. Their only losses were to then-ranked Texas A&M, Oregon, and Boise State. They seem to play fairly well against Hawaii in the past and last time they visited the island they beat Hawaii 27-13.

Hawaii should win here, but I see a game like 38-24 or 41-28, basically a two score win for Hawaii. I definitely think Fresno can keep it within three scores.

Kansas -6 at Oklahoma State (4 units) WIN

The Jayhawks have been good to me all season; so why stop here? Okie State is a pretty tough opponent but I like Kansas to keep their momentum going after their 76-point outburst last week. The offense is efficient and can light it up at times, but the defense is one of the best in the Big 12 and they can win low scoring, ugly games as well. Okie State has to be reeling after allowing 24 points to Texas last week in the 4th quarter and blowing a big lead.

Okie State had another distraction this week as starting LB Chris Collins left the team for a sexual assault trial.

Navy -15 at North Texas (5 units) LOSS

Really like Navy in this spot against a pretty crappy North Texas team. It is the first of three very winnable games for Navy, who will try to end their season on a high note and get bowl eligible. Navy has to be feeling good about themselves after the ND victory and their confidence is high. North Texas (1-7) is a bad team that has arguably the worst defense in college football. They are allowing a ridiculous 46.5 points per game and just got blown out against two Sun Belt opponents. Navy will stick to their guns and run the **** out of the football and North Texas won't be able to stop them. Arkansas rushed for 446 yards againt the Mean Green, Oklahoma rushed for 265 and even La-Lafayette rushed for 300. North Texas has an anemic offense that can't run the football and while they can pass some, they have thrown an astounding 20 interceptions. As long as Navy's secondary doesn't have another day to forget, Navy should roll.
    Last edited by MParris86; 11-12-2007, 09:52 AM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Let's get 'em tightend......on the same side with ya!:thumbs:

Dover's Rinehart hurt his ankle last week and they couldn't kick an extra point and went for two in the first quarter and made it going up 8-7. Later, he did manage a 27 yarder, but then missed a 39 yarder badly, had his ankle retaped and still finished the game.....
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

That was one strange game last night; Central Michigan and Lefevour looked like a fish out of water for 33 seconds in the 4th only to come and direct a 80-yard drive in a minute to take the lead.

Well, I guess a push is better that a loss...
      2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
      2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

GL MP. I like the Ohio, NAVY and Kansas picks... here's to getting back on the winning track:beerbang:
        :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

GL, MP.
          Love the Middies in this spot to run roughsho ver NT with the emotional lift of the ND win carrying over to an easy cover:beerbang:
          Why didn't CW try that 41-yd FG at the endo f the game. Playing Navy in OT on a short field is a reciepe for disaster.
          By the by, I am so old that I was in Philly in JFK Stadium when ND started the streak against Navy with a 40-0 win in Ara's first year as coach (1964). Me and my dad (also an ND grad) rushed the field with everyone else after the game as we helped tear down the wooden goal posts. I still have a small of it with the score and date on it, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
          X