Strong Plays (1-1)(-0.20 units)
    Regular Plays (0-3)(-3.30 units)

Overall (3-5)(-0.80 units)

FOR THE YEAR

Best Bets (13-13)(-3.90 units)
    Strong Plays (12-13)(-4.60 units)
    Regular Plays (21-21)(-2.10 units)

Overall (46-47)(-10.60 units)

Another humdrum week in college football last week…..this is just not my year for football. I am almost glad it is coming to and end. I really stunk up the joint in the NFL and not doing very well in college either. I think maybe I am reading to much and looking at too many picks from others. I am going to throw everything out the window this week and not look at picks, stats, trends, power rating or anything and just go from gut feelings. If you don’t know these teams at this point in the season you never will, so here are all my picks for the entire week of college football. I sense a great week or a horrible week with nothing inbetween. Lets hope for the great week.

Tuesday

Toledo +6.5 vs Ball State (regular play)……………Should be a pretty tight game between two teams with the same record and both have pretty good offenses. Toledo has a great running game and with that should be less prone to turnovers. Probably will not be much defense in this one. My gut just tells me to grab the points tonight.

Wednesday

Akron +8.5 vs Miami-Ohio (regular play)……………This one reminds me a little of the above MAC game. Miami is probably the slightly better team, especially at home, but they are not better by more than a touchdown. Points should definitely come into play in this one as well.

Thursday

Arizona +12.5 vs Oregon (regular play)………….Must be out of my mind going against these Ducks, but I cannot pass the Thursday night home doggie up here. Oregon should crush these guys, but something tells me Zona battles them right into the fourth quarter. I am a sucker for these weekday night games. Notice how they are all just for one unit each….just need a little midweek action. Not in love with these games, but I do like them enough to put a unit of each.

Friday

E Michigan +12 vs C Michigan (regular play)…………Call me crazy, but I might as well finish of with another MAC dog in this one. I know out of the three MAC dogs, I won’t get killed and win at least one and maybe two. I am not lucky enough this year to win all three, so I will be thrilled with two.

Saturday

Boston College +7.5 vs Clemson (best bet)…………..It is funny how many people are down on BC now after bragging them up all season long. You cannot fault them too much for losing. Nobody seems to want to be in the top five this year…they keep getting knocked off. I still think this is the same, very good, talented BC as a couple of weeks ago and I am all over the points and love getting that extra hook at the end of a touchdown. Clemson is certainly good enough to blow them out at home, but my instincts tell me this is a close one with whoever has the ball last might win it.

Cincinnati +6.5 vs W Virginia (best bet)…………….It looks like I am going against another top notched team again in West Virginia. Cincy has just looked great recently and will be fired up at home and will be in this game. I don’t know why, but I am just not that impressed with W Virginia. I think they are very beatable on the road and home dogs are almost always a smart choice. I will call for the outright win by Cincy, but I am not going to get greedy and will take the points just in case.

Michigan St +3 vs Penn State (strong play)……………This one scares me to death, but sometimes the scariest bets are the best ones. At Penn State, they can beat just about anybody, but one the road, the Nittany Lions are a very beatable, above average team. I am not a big Morelli fan at all and he is very capable of stinking up the joint at Michigan State. Mich St has improved all season long and I feel the home field will be enough to put them in the win column.

Iowa State +26.5 vs Kansas (strong play)………………Everybody keeps waiting for Kansas to fall, even me, and it just has not happened. They are having a dream season and could play for all the marbles…yes, we are talking about Kansas, and not the basketball team. I don’t care what anybody says, this line is way over inflated. How could Kansas even take this team seriously when they are almost four touchdown favs. Iowa State has shown some life lately and you know they will be up for this one. Just too many points…it is that simple. I can see Kansas winning anywhere from 14 to 24 points, but not 27 or more.

Pittsburgh +11.5 vs Rutgers (regular play)……………Every week I have made my “anti-Dave” play and have made a nice profit. I don’t know why and I will probably regret this, but I am taking Pitt this week. Rutgers is not having the season they thought they would and their QB is having some sort of injury problem from what I have read. Only going by a gut feeling in this one. Nothing really to back it up.

I think I have played plenty. A few others out there, but I will pass. Is Notre Dame really that horrible that they are only a 5.5 point favorite at home against Duke? They must be. I will also pass on the Ohio State/Michigan game as well. I hate the most over rated conference in football.

Good Luck Everybody!! This is the earliest I have posted my plays this year for the whole week. Maybe it will change my luck. It is possible I could add to this, but I doubt it.
Working...
X