Week 13 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 13 Discussion

I'm probably a little premature here with this thread but I can't sleep and there's some games that intrigue me.

Kansas -2 vs. Missouri

Neutral field and I really think Kansas is the better team here. Kansas holds the advantage in their defense and shutdown corner Aqib Talib should be able to take away half of the field.

Buffalo +1.5 at Kent

Wrong team favored IMO.

Georgia -3.5 at GT

I know it will likely be a huge public play but Georgia is a lot better than GT IMO. GT has troubles throwing the football and Knowshon Moreno has been doing whatever the hell he has wanted to over the past few weeks. Georgia is at least 7-10 points better than GT.

Florida State +13.5 at Florida

Florida State has a pretty good D and has turned things around as the season has progressed. I know Tebow and his boys get all the pub down in Florida, but FSU should be able to keep this one close.

Kansas St. Pk at Fresno

Mismatch, and KSU should be around -6

Haven't looked at numbers yet and just going on eying the games up that's what I've come up with.

Anyone else see anything they like?

i like the geo and ku plays also like hawaii -4 assuming brennan is 100%
    ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
    NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
    MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
    CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

Nittany.....Kent was forced to go back to their second string QB John Brown last weekend @ Temple ( he finished the game 11 of 27 for 76 yards and threw 4 interceptions) and also the week before @ NIU.....they lost their starting QB Julian Edleman 4 weeks ago with a broken wrist vs. CMU, and Brown hurt his ankle, then against NIU their freshman blew out a knee...they are esstentially down to one QB and the passing game has waned while the running game and Eugene Jarvis have been pretty good until last week at Temple when he only gained 66 yards but on just 13 carries.

124 TOTAL YARDS vs. Temple...WTF
      Last edited by joepa66; 11-19-2007, 10:00 AM.
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I like Vatech over Vagina....i mean Virginia

Vtech's defense is too good
        Keep on Duhawkin'

CBB 99-92-1 (+7.71 units)

Comment

Amazing stat on Kansas: 11-0 this year ATS. I picked up on it when they were 5-0 and have played them since. I didn't care what the spread was, i said i was going to ride them til they lost, and i'm going to ride them again this week. They've been money for me this year.

Others i like:
          Okla. State (+14) vs. OU: This game's always close no matter what the records are, and I see OU having a major letdown after last week's game. The inspiration of playing in a BCS game isn't nearly as much as playing for a spot in the title game. That's been the trend this year.

Cincinnati (-20) vs. SU: Syracuse is getting worse and worse. Cincinnati will blow them out.

Wake (+2): Wake's played much better since Riley Skinner's come back. Had one bad letdown game vs. Clemson where they played lethargic (much like BC did after their loss to FSU), but bounced back last week. Vandy's loss last week will hang over them into this game.

Leaning towards Virginia, LSU and Stanford as well. But not sold yet.
          2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
          2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
            I'm probably a little premature here
            That's my voodoo hex on you. Tell your girlfriend, I'll take off your hex when you take off mine... :laughing:

Comment

i think uconn is getting entirely too many (+17) against wvu this week.

also like ucla +2 over oregon. i dont think leaf can manage more than 2 scores as the leader of that offense. oregons spirits will be low too.

k. state pk over fresno. i think fresno is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                That's my voodoo hex on you. Tell your girlfriend, I'll take off your hex when you take off mine... :laughing:
                :laughing:

You little bastard

Comment

IMO too many pts for UConn as well Daws. Already played Boise st, IMO they're the better team no matter where they play. Just a bonus to get them as dogs. :thumbs:
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

A lot thought Cincinnati was getting too many points against UConn, and they shred them apart. On the road against a West Virginia team that is going to be fired up now that they are #3 in the country is a very tough task. UConn can run, but if they get behind like did vs. Cincy, they're going to have to throw and that part of their game is not their strong suit. West Virginia gets ahead early and wins big, IMO.
                    Last edited by navy_blue99; 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM.
                    2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
                    2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

:thumbs: these teams vs cincy, is the reason for the line...:beer2:

Comment

i would like to know how anyone knows 17 points is too many for UCONN to get?? i mean it may be, but who knows? They have played 1 decent team this year (and sorry big east fans, LOU and RUT suck) in Cincy and got roasted on the road. Their defensive stats are a product of playing a 1-AA schedule. Heck, if they don't get a bowl bid, they should get invited to the 1-AA playoffs, they beat enough teams to have won a couple conferences i think.

Be careful before you put KST game down as "easy". KST made a name by beating an average Texas team by returning a punt, kickoff and and interception for TD's. They haven't done **** since. I personally wouldn't be a bit surprised to see a FREST upset here.

I do like UCLA.....i think ORE bubble burst last week and i think it is going to be hard for them to get up off the mat to play this one. Leaf sucks.
                        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Early side leans going to ....

usc : usc is just better than arizona state

florida : florida state is no match for florida especially on the road

arkansas : not all that impressed with LSU this year, looking for a close game ill take the points

boise state : i think hawaii is in trouble this game

kansas "the overrated kansas that is" :laughing:
                          if u want an explanation for this pick ask nathan for it he can tell you how overrated they are!!!

my play of the week:

auburn - 6 :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

this play gets 3 beers for auburn, alabama is in a tail spin and crashing hard, auburn cruises in this game in my opinion!

good luck this week
                          Last edited by DevilsAdvokt; 11-20-2007, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Hey Devil..

I wouldn't be so quick to load up on Auburn. I am a little biased and all, but I also know how crazy they AU-Bama games can be. Auburn "should" take care of them pretty easily... but as we know, what "should" happen is not always whats does happen. BOL and I hope that pick is the winner!
                            :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

Working...
                            X