No announcement yet.

I can't wait till this takes place....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait till this takes place....

This would be so awesome...most exciting month of the year:beer2:

Here is article on yahoo:
    The Wetzel plan - NCAA Football - Yahoo! Sports
    "Assumption is the mother of all f**k-ups!"

I would prefer an 8 team, thats too many games

Comment

Originally posted by Texas hook 'em View Post
      I would prefer an 8 team, thats too many games
      agreed, I think having 16 teams would be too many.
      Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Can you imagine the hype for that tournament? If the ADs and Presidents think the $12 million or thereabouts is a lot of money for a BCS bowl, they would **** their pants at the amount of money would be poured in to this mega-hyped tournament.

Comment

teams with 5 losses in the playoffs????? teams with 3 losses in too????? :puke:

take the top, winning percentage teams and set up playoffs! :beerbang:

if it ends up with 3, 1-loss teams and 1, 0-loss team, have a playoff for the national championship!

that would answer any questions, to those that think hawaii, should be in the national championship game!:laughing:

it would also be an answer to when a team loses, late in the season, and ends up with a lower ranking! :pud:

jmo :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
            teams with 5 losses in the playoffs????? teams with 3 losses in too????? :puke:

take the top, winning percentage teams and set up playoffs! :beerbang:

if it ends up with 3, 1-loss teams and 1, 0-loss team, have a playoff for the national championship!

that would answer any questions, to those that think hawaii, should be in the national championship game!:laughing:

it would also be an answer to when a team loses, late in the season, and ends up with a lower ranking! :pud:

jmo :drunk:
            That would result in the absolute death of any compelling non-conference games. If you think teams play too many cupcakes now.....

Comment

they would still need to be ranked in the top 25... If they all end up 11-0, then it will result in a long ncaafb playoff season:nuts: not gonna happen, as many non ranked teams won over ranked teams this year and years past... :thumbs: there really is only maybe 5 teams that deserve the national championship game this year! :beer2:

Comment

love the idea but dont ever seeing it happen for money reasons
                but a playoff system gives small schools that hope that teams get in basketball every year.
                every year there is a great cinderalla story in basketball, would like to see that possibility in football to answer any questions

Comment

I told you guys last week perfect system would be 8 teams. Playing at Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Orange and Rose Bowl. Then the next week you got 4 teams then play at like Fiesta, and Sugar. Then final 2 teams at Rose. Alternate it on a 4 year schedule. So then they got 7 games on BCS tv contract every year. But then some where along the mix the Rose Bowl Parade people would get pissed off. :laughing:

If Im not mistaking the BCS was born by those 4 bowl. To try and keep the peace and not to lose or chance somebody else from picking up all the good games. Every year somebody feels left out.
                  NFL 2-0. Week 1
                  Nfl 2-2week 2

Comment

funny thing is.....xxxx amount of teams is never enough because someone will always be the "team left out". I mean, what a joke wanting to expand the NCAA field to like 76....i mean don't we already have enough 17-13 teams in the dang tournament....do we really need to add another 12 teams so the 10th place team in the big10 that was on the bubble and was left out now gets to go........if you aren't good enough to be one of the 34 best at-large teams, you don't deserve a berth. same thing will happen with this. It would start at 8, then there would be a stink over who got left out and then it would to go 16...then we would determine that all conference winners got to go, so it would go to like 24.....then team 25 would complain they were just as good as team 24 so we add another 8 teams....thing will eventually include all 119 teams i bet..........pretty soon, every kid will have to play at least 1 quarter and somebody's mom will forget the orange slices for halftime.................
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I think the idea of 16 is perfect.
                      Finish the season on Thanksgiving weekend
                      Scrap the confrence chamionship games and move right into round 1 of the 16 team playoffs. I would just use the BCS for the top 16.

In my system the first round would look like this...with the games being played on campus of the higher seeded team:

#16 Clemson @ #1 Missouri
                      #9 Oklahoma @ #8 Southern Cal
                      #12 Hawaii @ # Kansas
                      #13 Arizona State @ #4 Georgia
                      #14 Tennessee @ #3 Ohio State
                      #11 Boston College @ #6 Virginia Tech
                      #10 Florida @ #7 LSU
                      #15 Illinois @ #2 West Virginia

There will be 8 winners and 8 losers.....lets just assume that the higher seeds win ever game (that would never happen...but lets assume)

Clemson, Oklahoma, Hawaii, Arizona State, Tennessee, Boston College, Florida and Illinois would all be drafted into bowl games such as:

Cotton, Dallas, TX
                      Capital One, Florida, FL
                      Gator, Jacksonville, FL
                      Outback, Tampa, FL
                      Chik-Fil-A, Atlanta, GA
                      Alamo, San Antonio, TX
                      Holiday, San Diego, CA
                      Sun, El Paso, TX

Where as the 8 winners of the first round would make up...you guessed it....the 4 BCS Bowl Games.

So there it would look something like this:

#8 Southern Cal @ #1 Missouri (Orange Bowl)
                      #5 Kansas @ #4 Georgia (Rose Bowl)
                      #6 Virginia Tech @ #3 Ohio State (Sugar Bowl)
                      #7 LSU @ #2 West Virginia (Fiesta Bowl)

I would like to actually see these played the weekend of December 22 (The current week that bowl games start.

My plan would require TWO brand new Bowl Games to be played on January 1. Those two games would take the winners from the first four BCS games and play them off:

#4 Georgia Vs. #1 Missouri
                      #3 Ohio State Vs. #2 West Virginia

The two winners of those two games would of course meet on January 7 in the National Championship game

Thats a plan that should keep everyone happy. You keep the bowl games. You get your playoffs. You are only creating TWO additional games on top of what we already have. And you are starting the games earlier in the month of December while still keeping to the tradition of having wonderful games on January 1 (The two Semifinals of the BCS along with games like the Cotton Bowl and Capital One Bowl that will have teams that where ranked in the top 16 (teams that lost in the first round of the playoffs like Oklahoma and Florida))
                      If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

I like the idea of a playoff, but that's way too many games.

Central Michigan @ Missouri? Central Florida @ Ohio St? What's the point? And Florida gets in with 3 losses? Could do without the Troy game too, but I'd enjoy watching that one cause they might match up decently with WV.

The other games are cool by me though. Would be at least fun to watch :thumbs:
                        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-28-2007, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X