Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A self-indictment on Hawaii by June Jones???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A self-indictment on Hawaii by June Jones???

In a phone interview during the Fresno State/New Mexico State game, June Jones just said (and I quote): "Washington is the best team we've played all year."

This is a BCS tam, huh? The coach just said the best team (and went on to make some comment about being the most talented) they will play all season is 4-8 overall, and 2-7 in the Pac 10 which gets them a nice, tidy last place finish.

What a joke they are in the BCS if they win.... :puke:

no wonder they are 11-0 lol

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
      In a phone interview during the Fresno State/New Mexico State game, June Jones just said (and I quote): "Washington is the best team we've played all year."

This is a BCS tam, huh? The coach just said the best team (and went on to make some comment about being the most talented) they will play all season is 4-8 overall, and 2-7 in the Pac 10 which gets them a nice, tidy last place finish.

What a joke they are in the BCS if they win.... :puke:

aaaahhhhh, i don't know. i don't really care in all honesty anymore. All BCS games are really are paydays so if HAW gets a payday to help their 50K a YEAR recruiting budget then good for them. I think we are long past the point of people getting what they "deserve" in CFB so what's it matter. They will play some half caring SEC or Big12 team and probably beat them just like Boise did last year and then everyone will say...wow...HAW is legit....lol............

cuse- go rent yourself "Bad News Bears: Breaking Training" and chant along with the crowd........Let them play......let them play....let them play.....let them play.......:beerbang:
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Represent Da' 808 State!

Why Everybody Tryna Hate On The Warriors? I Do Agree That We Have Had A Weak Schedule And Have Not Played Some Of The Top Teams In The Nation. But No One Can Put That On Us Though. We Tried To Get Some Top Teams To Play Us This Season And No One Wanted A Piece. We Almost Had Michigan But They Decided To Play App. State Instead And We All Know What Happened With That.. All I'm Saying Is Do Not Doubt The Boys From The Islands, I Promise You That We Will Not Only Make The Bcs And Play In Either The Sugar Bowl Or Fiesta Bowl But We Will Also Put On Hell Of A Show... Go Warriors!!

Comment

Originally posted by 808SOLJAH View Post
          Why Everybody Tryna Hate On The Warriors? I Do Agree That We Have Had A Weak Schedule And Have Not Played Some Of The Top Teams In The Nation. But No One Can Put That On Us Though. We Tried To Get Some Top Teams To Play Us This Season And No One Wanted A Piece. We Almost Had Michigan But They Decided To Play App. State Instead And We All Know What Happened With That.. All I'm Saying Is Do Not Doubt The Boys From The Islands, I Promise You That We Will Not Only Make The Bcs And Play In Either The Sugar Bowl Or Fiesta Bowl But We Will Also Put On Hell Of A Show... Go Warriors!!
          yeah, ive heard that as well...and it's hard not to like June Jones....the guy has a 50K/year recruiting budget which is like probably 1/100th that of Ohio State. I am not as opposed to teams like HAW getting a bid after they added 1 more BCS game. ****, let the WAC have a payday......

Comment

Well, i guess technically he's right. Boise State did lose to Washington 24-10 earlier this year. So that would make Washington their toughest game, as sad as that sounds.
            2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
            2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
              yeah, ive heard that as well...and it's hard not to like June Jones....the guy has a 50K/year recruiting budget which is like probably 1/100th that of Ohio State. I am not as opposed to teams like HAW getting a bid after they added 1 more BCS game. ****, let the WAC have a payday......
              I've never looked at it that way. That's a great point. I heard Sean McDonough saying how their facilities are less than mediocre and I think he used the word "embarrassing" to describe them. If the go they go, but no one can convince me they are an elite football team when they need OT to beat SJSU and La Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                I've never looked at it that way. That's a great point. I heard Sean McDonough saying how their facilities are less than mediocre and I think he used the word "embarrassing" to describe them. If the go they go, but no one can convince me they are an elite football team when they need OT to beat SJSU and La Tech.
                i don't think BCS games are even about elite anymore...they're about paydays......and really since they added the extra game, it was supposed to allow a school like HAW to get a payday without taking a spot away from a team like USC/ASU/Georgia that battled all year but maybe lost a game or so..... It wasn't supposed to be so the 5th place team in the SEC could rake in another 12M for the SEC.......is HAW an elite team, no.....but ****, let 'em pick up a check.

Comment

Their fun to watch play! :)

Comment

Bottom line if they beat Washington (I suspect they do), they deserve the bowl bid. They beat the teams that were put in front of them, & that's really all they can do. I just want the day to come when we're having this discussion about Buffalo & the MAC. Anyone else here think that Bess is gonna be a force in the NFL?
                    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      Their fun to watch play! :)
                      thats only because they play late at night when all the other games that day are over when nothing else is on TV.......

LMAO!

Hawaii sould play in a BCS game that starts at Midnight!!!!
                      If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

HI Y KICKS ASS really what is june jones suppose to say about his upcoming opponent ??? june what is your thought on washington??? oh they suck monkey balls and we should throw for 500 easy of this lousy team. come on man if the boys from the island go without a loss they deserve a shot... anything can happen in any given game.. look at last years national championship game, that was lame from the get go..i bet ohio state in that game:puke:

Comment

Working...
                        X