NCAACFB Army/Navy Saturday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAACFB Army/Navy Saturday

I am slowly but surely checking off games and i will get to this one at some point very soon. One of my favorite games to watch every year.

MIZZOU +10/UAZ +14.........3Units...............i don't trust either one at the current line but i would be shocked to see Mizzou lose by DD and same with UAZ. UAZ has a bowl berth on the line and that is one nasty rivalry. It's funny how some like OSU/michigan are heated but not nasty. Others like this one are just nasty on the field and in the stands. There is very little respect between either of these teams (the arizona schools) for the other one.

MIA(oh) +4 -120...................strange but MIA(oh) actually needs to win this to go to a bowl game as they are 6-6. I think this is a last man with the ball kind of game. Like a FG+ here......

Go NAVY!....beat army!......:thumbs:

GL to everyone!
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-01-2007, 01:27 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

I agree. Army/Navy game is the best there is. My grandfather played at Army with Blanchard and Davis, took me back to a game about 10 years ago and that stadium on the Hudson River is phenomenal:thumbs: Too bad those teams will never be near as strong nationally as they once were, but boy back in the day could Army play some serious football. A good family friend who was killed in Iraq 3 years ago played for Navy (J.P. Blecksmith, R.I.P) so my heart is heavy there as well. Either way its hard to root against either squad. Those are some tough men.

I'll never forget the plaque that sits just outside the tunnel where the Army players run on the field:

"I want an officer for a secret and dangerous mission. I want a West Point football player"

I like the play on Zona. I don't trust the Cats getting just 7, although they could very well win. They were in the same spot last year (needed a win to ensure a bowl game) but flatlined, so I'm hesitant to take that angle. Over looks like a solid play to me as Arizona hasn't been able to stop anyone, unless they injure themselves:laughing:

Love Missouri.

Good Luck M :thumbs:
    its my way or the lame way.

2016 NFL:
    straight up 14-7-1 (+10.9u)
    parlays 0-1 (-1u)
    total: +9.9u

Comment

G- THX!....yeah, the Army/Navy rivalry has lost a little luster since Staubach, Blanchard, Davis etc....but it is still just a great game. If you have never read it, pick up John Feinstein's book about Army/Navy. I think i read the whole book in one night. Just great stuff.

And on UAZ....i just think that 14 points is a nice number with that offense. I am not sold on UAZ as a program, still....i think the UCLA and ORE wins were phony as neither team had a capable QB or RB for most of those games......but if they get pasted by 2 TD's plus then i am on the bye bye stoops train once again. I still say if they don't go to a bowl game this year, he has to go about 8-4 next year or he is gonzo.......saved his ass this year with those 2 phony wins over Ucla and Oregon.....

Comment

GL tomorrow FF and go Sooners (I'm sure you'll disagree)
        Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
          GL tomorrow FF and go Sooners (I'm sure you'll disagree)
          wsox- THX!....and yup i disagree.....quit trying to back into a Rose Bowl and go out and earn a trip by winning the big ten......:beerbang: ....lol....as already stated...i take that week off and would love to be able to sleep in my own bed and enjoy a bevvy of bowl festivities without having to travel for once.......

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            wsox- THX!....and yup i disagree.....quit trying to back into a Rose Bowl and go out and earn a trip by winning the big ten......:beerbang: ....lol....as already stated...i take that week off and would love to be able to sleep in my own bed and enjoy a bevvy of bowl festivities without having to travel for once.......
            I can't stop thinking that if the Illini would have just beaten Iowa (stupid Hawkeyes) then they could be Big Ten champs :bang: and wouldn't have to worry about backing into the Rose Bowl. :laughing:
            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by wsox08 View Post
              I can't stop thinking that if the Illini would have just beaten Iowa (stupid Hawkeyes) then they could be Big Ten champs :bang: and wouldn't have to worry about backing into the Rose Bowl. :laughing:
              i can't help thinking if OSU hadn't lost to freeking ILL at home we wouldn't even be having this discussion.......:laughing:

Comment

Firin' up the good **** for ya, brother

GL todayl!
                :beer2:
                ...toke on...

Comment

GL! :thumbs:

Comment

GL FF, really liked that teaser, and added TN +14 risking 2 units.

Comment

GL FF :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by GMoney View Post
                        A good family friend who was killed in Iraq 3 years ago played for Navy (J.P. Blecksmith, R.I.P)

Good Luck M :thumbs:

Kinda crazy...I subscribe to this magazine (Details) and I was reading it before I went to bed last night and low and behold I come across this.

The Fallen: 2nd Lieutenant JP Blecksmith, 24: DETAILS Article on men.style.com

It's a story all of us friends of the family have known for a while. Its a story everyone needs to know. Despite anyones political affiliations, preferences, or agendas its the reality of war. It's the reality of freedom. I, 24 years old, personally have 2 friends currently in Iraq...I pray I never have to read about them in this fashion...

Don't mean to make this into a political discussion... But after you donate to Toys for Tots please say a prayer (or do whatever your religion/faith/beliefs call for you to do) for our service men and women. Because, despite what people want to tell you, many of them CHOOSE to be there. Its the price we pay as Americans...Its the price many of us never have to pay, but have others pay it for us. Its a price most of us, myself included, take for granted.

May God bless those who have family and friends overseas fighting for my freedom. And may they return home safely and soon.
                        its my way or the lame way.

2016 NFL:
                        straight up 14-7-1 (+10.9u)
                        parlays 0-1 (-1u)
                        total: +9.9u

Comment

Working...
                        X