Probable BCS Teams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probable BCS Teams

....at least as i see it or am guessing we see it....you never know....

NCG- OSU vs. LSU

Rose- USC vs. KU/UGA

Sugar- HAW vs. KU/UGA

Fiesta- OKLA vs. ASU

Orange- VTECH vs. WVU

ILL to the Capital One Bowl.....IMO........

anyone see it different? I think the Rose Bowl would love UGA vs. USC.....problem with ASU to the Fiesta is no out of town money for the Restaurants/Airlines etc...from 1/2 the parties involved (you would get it from OKLA but not ASU as that is such a commuter/state school im sure 99 percent of the ASU people would be local Phoenix people). You might even see an OKLA/KU matchup in the Fiesta if it got really wacky.
    Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-02-2007, 03:49 AM.
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

question

I have a bad feeling that the dawgs are going to get the ultimate screw job here and end up playing hawaii. My question is, why is everyone assuming UGA doesn't get in the championship game? Is there a new clause stating that if you don't win your conference title you can't play in the NCG? I just have a hard time seeing the voters bumping LSU (who lost last week) 4 spots to move them ahead of Georgia. If sorry Les Miles gets in the game in spite of himself I'm going to :puke: .

Actually though, if you match up USC/Georgia, that's the game everyone wants to see(including me--as long as we can't get in the title game). Just no friggin Hawaii who hasn't beaten ANYONE all year long, and are going to get rewarded for that schedule. That game would be like playing Georgia Southern for us--if you kill them,"Well, you were supposed to". If it's close, "Georgia's not as good as we thought." And god forbid you lose "they were obviously not very good to begin with".

Comment

sorry tdawg i have to disagree with you

the only reason georgia is #4 right now is because of voter laziness, and voters will probably/hopefully correct that today.

How can you be considered one of the nation's tope 2 teams if you weren't even in the top2 in your conference? It doesnt make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

NCG- OSU vs. LSU

Rose- USC vs. KU/UGA

Sugar- HAW vs. KU/UGA

Fiesta- OKLA vs. ASU

Orange- VTECH vs. WVU

I agree with all these even though I'm not sure it's fair to Georgia, Rose picks first and gives us the good match-up I hope with UGA/USC. LSU stays so high in the polls when they lose becuase of reputation and perceived talent. They were ranked #1 this year and lost TWICE ranked #1. Isn'tthat enough chances for them?

Just a thought...

Comment

How it shapes up is anyones guess, the one thing we do know is that we will get to watch the Buckeyes get rolled for the 3rd time in a row in a major college sport NC game:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
            How it shapes up is anyones guess, the one thing we do know is that we will get to watch the Buckeyes get rolled for the 3rd time in a row in a major college sport NC game:thumbs:
            and AUB is where?.....:dunno:

you are the ultimate SEC homer....:thumbs:

Comment

LOL!!GL this year FF!!:thumbs:

BTW we are heading to the Peach..uh..Mcdonalds...oh wait most likely the UPS John Deer Poulon Chicken Fil A Bowl for like the 4th time in 7 years:beer2:

Comment

I'm mixed on Georgia because if you were to tell me who the top 2 teams in the country are right now, i'd say USC and Georgia. But if you say who's the most deserving of it, i'd probably say Ohio State and LSU or Oklahoma. I just think you have to win your conference. That loss to Tennessee was the downfall for the Dawgs.
                2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
                2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

Hawaii = Best Team. :beerbang:

Comment

I'm hoping this guy is right.. From the Sun Times

"Fortunate Illini appear headed for Rose Bowl

December 2, 2007

From 2-10 to Pasadena, the stars are aligning for Illinois.

By winning seven more games than they did last year, the Illini (9-3) put themselves in position for a New Year's Day bowl trip. And now Illinois is in line for its first Rose Bowl trip since the 1983 season, thanks to Saturday's results.

Boston College's loss to Virginia Tech cleared the way for Illinois to move into the top 14 in the final BCS standings today. Then West Virginia's shocking loss to Pittsburgh cleared the way for Ohio State to move into the national championship game, leaving a Rose Bowl spot open for Illinois.

Rose Bowl officials have the option to choose among several teams, but Big Ten sources indicated they have been assured that Illinois will be selected today if Ohio State moves up and Illinois is in the BCS pool."

Herb Gould
                    Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

So if Illinois does get in the Rose Bowl, who is left out of the BCS? I would probably think Arizona State, who i don't think is really all that great. I think there's a team that got exposed on Thanksgiving. My guesses:

Championship: LSU vs. Ohio State
                      Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs. Hawaii
                      Orange Bowl: Va. Tech vs. Kansas
                      Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
                      Rose Bowl: USC vs. Illinois
                      2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
                      2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

NCG- OSU vs. LSU

Rose- USC vs. KU/UGA

Sugar- HAW vs. KU/UGA

Fiesta- OKLA vs. ASU

Orange- VTECH vs. WVU

ILL to the Capital One Bowl.....IMO........

anyone see it different? I think the Rose Bowl would love UGA vs. USC.....problem with ASU to the Fiesta is no out of town money for the Restaurants/Airlines etc...from 1/2 the parties involved (you would get it from OKLA but not ASU as that is such a commuter/state school im sure 99 percent of the ASU people would be local Phoenix people). You might even see an OKLA/KU matchup in the Fiesta if it got really wacky.
                        I've said it on here before and I'll repeat it, OSU would lay the wood to LSU and it really wouldn't be a close game. But that Hawaii vs. Kansas match-up could be a pretty fun one to watch. Two teams just opening it up and trying to light up the board as much as possible. I would guess the Rose would snatch UGA with their first pick so the USC/UGA match-up is all but a done deal in my eyes. That would be one helluva game between 2 of the hottest teams in CFB. And I think a sign that Illinois is Capital One bound is the fact that Penn State already accepted their bid to the Alamo Bowl because they would have been taken to the Cap One if the Illini went to a BCS bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                          I've said it on here before and I'll repeat it, OSU would lay the wood to LSU and it really wouldn't be a close game. But that Hawaii vs. Kansas match-up could be a pretty fun one to watch. Two teams just opening it up and trying to light up the board as much as possible. I would guess the Rose would snatch UGA with their first pick so the USC/UGA match-up is all but a done deal in my eyes. That would be one helluva game between 2 of the hottest teams in CFB. And I think a sign that Illinois is Capital One bound is the fact that Penn State already accepted their bid to the Alamo Bowl because they would have been taken to the Cap One if the Illini went to a BCS bowl.
                          The only time OSU would lay wood is if they saw a knot in a tree! I'd love for Georgia or LSU to have a shot at the title game.

Comment

I don't like just quoting every thing but here's another one

"BREAKING NEWS
                            Ohio State, LSU headed for title showdown
                            The Buckeyes and Tigers are 1-2 in the latest coaches poll and near locks to meet for the BCS championship in New Orleans, Dennis Dodd reports. 'This virtually nails it,' BCS guru Jerry Palm says"
                            Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

AP is out....

OSU
                              LSU
                              OKLA
                              UGA
                              VTECH
                              USC.........

wsox- i really can't believe that the Rose Bowl would take a 3 loss T2nd place big10 team over UGA with the first pick of them all.....i really think you are Capital One bound.....

Comment

Working...
                              X