Bowl Benchings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Benchings

Every year players turn up ineligible for bowl games, get benched for various reasons, or get hurt. Just so we can keep them all in one place, I decided to start a thread. And I'll start with a rumbling I've heard about Florida State from the PSU Scout.com site:

"Noledigest has learned that these 5 players will most likely be out for the Bowl Game against Kentucky .

Letroy Guion
    Paul Griffin
    Neefy Moffett
    Russell Ball
    Justin Mincey

There are other names that we know of but we are waiting for further confirmation. Don’t be surprised to see a player or two playing a different position."

It's been reported that starting CB Donald Washington, as well as his back-up Eugene Clifford will be suspended for the National Title game for Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
      It's been reported that starting CB Donald Washington, as well as his back-up Eugene Clifford will be suspended for the National Title game for Ohio State.
      only clifford is out........of course...suspend the backup as an example...:laughing:....

Washington will play.....:thumbs:
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
        Washington will play.
        Not that it matters since we will find out since the game is two weeks away, but how do you know Washington is playing? It's been on the "bottom line" all night log that he is suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
          but how do you know Washington is playing? It's been on the "bottom line" all night log that he is suspended.
          The school released a statement later stating only Clifford would be suspended. Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith did not immediately return a message. Athletic department spokeswoman Shelly Poe said no further comment on the situation was expected.

and i got an update from C-bus....but what do i know....:dunno:

Comment

The school released a statement later stating only Clifford would be suspended. Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith did not immediately return a message. Athletic department spokeswoman Shelly Poe said no further comment on the situation was expected.

and i got an update from C-bus....but what do i know....:dunno:
            Dude, I was just asking how you found out what you did. There was no ulterior motive. Wasn't even being a wiseass (for once).

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              Dude, I was just asking how you found out what you did. There was no ulterior motive. Wasn't even being a wiseass (for once).
              never said you were.......i was just relaying what i had info wise and saying in the end, what do i know? all i know is what i report....im not on the team or a "we" here (even though i own about 30 shirts and a cat-in-the-hat hat)

Comment

Michigan State will have 5 players ineligible for the game:

SI.com - 2007 NCAA Football Bowls - Spartans suspend five players for Champs Bowl - Monday December 24, 2007 6:52PM

Comment

Saint-Dic out is a HUGE loss for them.

Comment

Penn State will be thin at DT for their bowl game. Baker and Odrick, arguably their 2 best DTs will not be playing in the game, and Phil Taylor is not in shape whatsoever. They will only have 3 active DTs for the game, and may have to try some sort of a hybrid 3-4 which could hurt them against a team that can run the ball pretty well. Texas A&M will also be without DL Michael Bennett, arguably their best DL as well. Both teams may be running the ball at will in this one. Here is the article about Penn State's shorthandedness:

The Penn State football team arrived in San Antonio over the course of the last two days, to prepare for Saturday's Alamo Bowl matchup with Texas A&M.

The Nittany Lions held a short practice at Alamo Heights High Sunday afternoon. As important as what went on during the practice what who was not on hand for the session.

Multiple observers have told FOS that five key players are not on the trip. They are:

• Starting defensive tackle Chris Baker, who is facing a felony assault charge in connection with a fight at the HUB in October. The felony assault charge had been thrown out by a district judge, but was refiled by the Centre County district attorney. Felony charges are still pending against Baker in connection with an alleged fight in a State College apartment last April.

• Second-team outside linebacker Navorro Bowman, who is also facing a felony assault charge in connection to the fight at the HUB. As was the case with Baker, a district judge threw out the felony charge before the DA refiled.

• Backup defensive back Knowledge Timmons, who faces non-felony charges for an incident that allegedly occurred shortly after the alleged altercation at the HUB.

• Backup defensive back Willie Harriott, who had been briefly suspended from the team early in the season following an underage drinking citation and then in early November was charged with DUI. Sources tell FOS Harriott intends to transfer from Penn State.

• Reserve defensive tackle Tom McEowen, who is not on the trip while dealing with personal issues.

At a press conference earlier this month, Penn State coach Joe Paterno said he intended to take Baker, Bowman and Timmons to the Alamo Bowl, but declined to answer when asked if the trio would play. A source said the coach later decided that the three would not play in the game, so he opted not to take them on the trip.

Comment

Starting OU DT defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger was arressted yesterday for shoplifting in a small town outside of Phoenix. Details are still sketchy on his future, but it appears that he will be suspended for Wednesday's game. OU head coach Bob Stoops is expected to make an official announcement during media day at 10:30 a.m. Oklahoma time this morning. :bang:

OU head coach Bob Stoops just announced that sophomore defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger has been suspended for Wednesday's Fiesta Bowl due to "a violation of team rules."

Stoops said that Granger was sent back to Norman on Monday, and that his future with the team will be re-evaluated after the Fiesta Bowl and as more details become available.

Granger was 10th on the Sooner defense in tackles and first overall among the defensive tackles with 35. He was also fourth on the team in tackles for loss (8.5) and tied for second in sacks (3.5).

Lendy Holmes and Reggie Smith, who will also not play in Wednesday's game, were third and fourth in the team in tackles this season.
                      Last edited by Irish Sooner; 12-31-2007, 11:57 AM. Reason: Confirm the suspension

Comment

3 starters from Cal....including Deshawn:):beer2:

Comment

even though i own about 30 shirts and a cat-in-the-hat hat
                          Nothing says FAN like owning 30 shirts but more importantly having a cat-in-the-hat hat!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

Clemson will be without two LBs and top tacklers, Watkins and Billie, as well as starting OT Capote.

Wisconsin has downgraded PJ Hill to doubtful and he will likely not play in their game against Tennessee. They have also suspended WR Lucas Taylor, LB Rico McCoy, and DT Demonte Bolded.

Comment

Oklahoma DT Demarcus Granger was sent home for stealing a jacket from the Burlington Coat Factory. I couldn't make that **** up :laughing:

Comment

Working...
                              X