07-08 bowl thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07-08 bowl thread

Greetings, Gentleman(and you, too, Queen) I didn't not post a single play during the regular season(that I can remember, anyway..:thumbs:) due to many factors, the biggest being that I'm a season ticket holder of the Iowa Hawkeyes and I traveled to 3 away games this season--leaving very little time to do much handicapping.
    This is also the first year in a long time that my wife and I aren't traveling to somewhere warm for the X-mas season.
    With these two factors in mind, its time to get this bowl season party started. May or may not have much in the way of write-ups as the bowls progress, time will tell.

So, without further ado, I'm playing Navy +8 tonight. I also lean to the over of 64.5, and if it drops another half or full point, I might bite.

Navy +8

Good luck and good bowling to all.

Been wondering where ya been......GL on yer bowls and have a great holiday Reddsfan!:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
      Been wondering where ya been......GL on yer bowls and have a great holiday Reddsfan!:thumbs:
      Thanks, JoePa. Happy holidays to you and yours.

1-0 after last night. Got home from bowling and turned on the game, fell asleep only to wake up as Navy completed the long TD pass for the cover. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good....:beerbang:

Over 66.5 FAU/Memphis

I'll admit to not knowing much about either of these two teams, but at this level of football, you get to a bowl game by being able to score, and these two teams don't play much defense. This game has the potential of being a 45-40 shootout, thus my $$ is on the over.

Good luck!

Comment

YTD bowl record: 2-0

This little -110 game we play is E-Z, ain't it? :laughing:

We all know thats not true, but I'll take a 2-0 start any day of the week and twice on Sundays and I know you all would, too.

3, count 'em, three bowl games on today's card. The weather here is supposed to turn really bad later today, but its 45 right now. Actually went for a run outside this morning for the first time in weeks.

Sorry for boring the hell out of you all, so without further ado, here is my play in the 1st game of the day.

Under 55.5 S. Miss/ Cincinnati

Just can't see these two teams combining for more than 8 TDs in this game. I think the S Miss players give it all for their retiring coach(or forced out coach, depending on who you believe) and the cinncy running game should control the clock in this one as well.

back later for the two other bowls on today's card. Good luck!

Comment

adding...

Nevada +120

Comment

Wow, was Nevada bad yesterday! They looked about as prepared to play football as the Hawkeyes did in their last game vs Western Michigan...:laughing:

1-1 and even on the day brings my bowl record to 3-1 +2.0 units.

Like both a side and total in tonights game. Good luck in whatever you do....

Boise State -10.5
            Over 67

Comment

Boise State won't cover.

Over 31.5 2nd half in this one looks too good to pass up. Good luck 'cappers....

Comment

Boise St almost gets the outright win after getting killed in the 1st half the other night; a late fumble gives me the over 31.5 2nd half play for a 2-1 night overall in the Hawaii Bowl.

That takes the bowl YTD record to 5-2 +2.9 units.

Two plays tonight. Best of luck!

Purdue -8 and Over 71

Can't believe all the love for CMU in this game. The MAC was horrible this season and Purdue has already spanked this team once this year. Normally I'd be looking for a Purdue letdown, but they staggered down the stretch and Tiller has come out and said that the bowl game is a perfect way for Purdue to get the stench of the end of the season out of their noses. In addition, the talent differential alone is worth 3 TDs, so unless Purdue really screws the pooch in this game it should be a nice, easy win for the Boliermakers. And with neither defense any good, I see a 55-30 type final here.

Comment

Got that game last night half right...the 1st half---

Purdue came out and played as if they wanted to cover the total by themselves and then they played the 2nd half like the terrible Big-10 team they were this season. And to think the Hawkeyes got spanked by them. How bad does that make the Hawkeyes? 6-6 bad--lost to Western Michigan at home on Senior Day bad....:puke:

A 1-1 night brings the bowl record to 6-3 +2.8 units.

Arizona State +120

Over 62

good luck fellow degenerates....

Comment

It might be time for me to stop playing sides and just bet the totals. 1-1 Even last night brings me to 7-4 +2.8 units for bowl season.

A couple of plays so far in today's action, might have some more later. good luck 'cappers...

Michigan State/Boston College Over 56.5

Really want to play B.C. -5.5 too, but will wait.

Houston +6.5
                    Houston/TCU Over 57.5

Comment

0-3 yesterday brings the bowl record to a miserable 7-7, -0.5 units.

A and M +6
                      Penn State/Texas A and M Under 52

Comment

Now 8-8, -0.3 units

Like the Under 52 tonight, playing it for 2 units. Good luck everyone...:sm:

Comment

Another loser--but it was closer to being a winner than what I thought at half. Only 13 points in the 2nd half, but enough to bring the YTD bowl record to 8-9, -2.5 units. Ugh. Maybe I'll get hot today and tomorrow? Not likely....:bang:

Air Force/ Cal over 57 for 2 units

Comment

adding..

Fla State/Kentucy Over 56.5
                            Indiana +6
                            Indiana/Ok State Over 69.5

Comment

late with these, sorry...

over 56.5 Tenn/Wisky

Ark/Missouri over 67

Mich/Fla over 60.5

Comment