Navy's first bowl play of the year today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy's first bowl play of the year today

Waiting for games I really like, and today's one of them. USF on Monday will be another. But I don't understand why bodog has Wake Forest -3 at +115. Seems too good to be true. Wake has played really well since Skinner has come back in the lineup at midseason, not to mention this game is virtually a home game for them. UConn struggled down the stretch. Wake won me a lot of money the 2nd half of the year, and i'll ride them again today.

Wake -3
    2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
    2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Off to a good start, but got nervous there at halftime.

Play #2 for the bowl season: USF -8 vs. Oregon

Oregon flat out stinks without Dixon. Add to the fact they really have no motivation to be there and could just go through the motions here. USF, on the other hand, are a young team that is making strides and Jim Leavitt can flat out coach and will have this team motivated. USF destroys Oregon.

Support the troops

Comment

Although I bleed green, I agree, the Ducks are cooked without Dixon.

Comment

Going to add the under in the Auburn/Clemson game tonight, although i don't have the confidence i do with the USF play. But I expect a low-scoring brawl in that game, and with the layoff getting longer, the unders become the more common play. But USF's my big play today.

Support the troops

Comment

Still can't figure out that USF game yesterday. Must have been partying too much in El Paso because there's no explanation for that. But the Auburn/Clemson under barely hung on. So 2-1 so far. Today:

Virigina +6: Hoping the cold and windy weather sweeps into Jacksonville early enough. If it does, it'll limit the passing game of the Red Raiders, and as we all know, they have no running game at all. It was supposed to arrive by morning, now they're saying later in the day, but i still like the Cavs.

Florida, USC and Georgia: Betting all 3 favorites, i'm thinking huge blowout in 2 of them. Maybe all 3. What do these teams all have in common?? HOME CROWD. This is like a home game for all 3. Georgia's pass D shut down the Gators a few weeks ago, and should shut down Hawaii tonight.

Support the troops

Comment

Oregon's team speed blew USF away from what I saw. USF is a slow ass team for the most part, especially by Pac-10 standards, and there were Oregon guys just blowing by their defense all day long.

I believe that was the entire difference in that game. USF just couldn't hang with Oregon's speed.

Comment

Yeah, i was suprised by Oregon's speed and intensity. I thought Oregon would play like they didn't want to be there, and USF would play like a determined team, but it was the exact opposite. Oregon studied USF well and found their weaknesses. Very impressed with Belotti.

As for my picks, 3-1 yesterday (thanks a lot Gators), 5-2 on the bowl season.:beerbang:

Today:
              Oklahoma -8: I see another blowout here. No team with an interim coach has won a bowl game yet this season. That's no coincidence, folks. It happens almost every bowl season. I don't see this game being much different than the Georgia and USC games last night. Oklahoma has something to prove and will have two times as many fans there. West Virginia just goes through the motions. Sooners win BIG.

Support the troops

Comment

A 5-3 bowl season. If i would have played my gut on games like Kansas and OK State, it could have been a lot better. But i'll finish off with:

OSU/LSU UNDER 48

See a real "snoozer" tonight. Boeckman vs. Flynn doesn't exactly sound like something you would see in a national championship. Add in the layover effect, and two defenses that at full strength are as good as any in the country....and you should have a low scoring game. Only worry is overtime, especially given LSU's two of them this season. But I'll take my chances. Look for both teams to try and run the football tonight.

I predict LSU 17, Ohio State 10....but not enough confidence to lay the 3.5.

Support the troops

Comment

Working...
                X