Fiesta Bowl discussion.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiesta Bowl discussion.....

I know I am just a noob that just came back but this game is so intriguing I want to see what everyone has to say. This WVU team is so one dimensional and if they dont run the ball against a very potent run d then they have no shot right??? But the big guy Granger is sent home for stealing a jacket and now there is a big hole to fill.

WVU and Ok both have bad bowl game records, OK plays in a much much better division and is way faster. I don't know, the other major thing is the public is all over WVU but then again I usually dont fade the public that much anyways.

I loved OK all day and not sure I can change my mind now. I ran very hot yest so should I stick with my initial thought??

Thanks Guys:thumbs:

A couple of points here:

1. Looks like from my radar that Olk is the pub fav.
    2. Big schools like Olk have solid depth when they lose thiefs to theft.
    3. I dont believe that WVU is completely one dimensional.
    4. Not so sure that Olk is way faster but that is just an opinion and I have no facts and/or
    40 times to prove it.
    5. Be confident in your initial thought process as that seems to be working for you.
    6. :beerbang: Mountaineers!!
    7. Queen is all over her boys:sm:
    8. The forum here seems to really like Norman.

Comment

Don't think Oklahoma didn't notice what Georgia and USC did yesterday. USC and Georgia both wanted to prove points yesterday, and Oklahoma wants to prove the same point tonight. They will be fired up.

I don't know how fired up West Virginia will be. They were a win away from the Championship, and that loss to PIttsburgh was a major letdown that may last all the way til next season. They don't have a coach, which as we've seen this bowl season is a big deal. Teams with interim coaches are winless.

I'm laying money on the Sooners tonight. May bet the first half as well at OU -4. West Virginia has to establish a running game early. If they get behind early by double digits, it's a Georgia-Hawaii repeat tonight.
      2011 NCAA Football ATS: 13-4-1
      2011 NFL: 11-3-2

Support the troops

Comment

well put navy--finally the cream is rising to the top. The BCS put horrible matchups together, and the 2 best teams in the country made the Rose and the Sugar laughers. Oklahoma doesn't want to be left out of the party, and no matter how well WVU has played in the last several years, they still don't have the talent to play with the big boys, particularly defensively.

Add to that the jerkoff Rodriguez trying to steal his 4mil buyout from the university, and Ok looks like a winner.

Additionally--look at the teams where coaching changes have been made--where the coaches were fired or left for another job(ie Arkansas) the team played poorly. Carr is the exception, as he chose to step down, and the players played hard for him. I don't think these guys will be playing for hard for coach Rod tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawgmd View Post
          I don't think these guys will be playing for hard for coach Rod tonight.
          coach rod is long gone.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by tdawgmd View Post
            The BCS put horrible matchups together, and the 2 best teams in the country made the Rose and the Sugar laughers.
            Not to defend the BCS....but the BCS did not put horrible matchups together.
            The BCS deceides who is #1 and who is #2 and put them in a bowl game (the BCS Championship game).

The ROSE Bowl selected USC and Illinois.
            They could have selected USC and Georgia OR USC and Missouri or whatever...but the chose to take USC and Illinois....BCS had nothing to do with it

I guess actually Hawaii was a BCS Automatic entry....so we can blame the BCS on Hawaii being in the Sugar Bowl.

Ok....your half right.
            If it ain't fun, don't do it!

Comment

OU without DT Granger and CB Smith, both big guys for them. Their safeties both play well close to the line, better than in coverage IMO. LB's are tackling machines as well. OU shut down A&M earlier this year, who run similar spread off, but clearly WVU has superior players so who knows how much weight to put on that. Seems people say they can't back a WVU team that just lost to Pitt, but IMO that's just foolish considering it is a rivalry game for those teams and that White got hurt in the 2Q. Not to mention, the only games WVU has lost have been when White was hurt (in the 2Q both times). Since Rodriguez left, I've read the team has come together in support of each other. I know I'd want to shove it to Rodriguez after he seemed to just jump ship and the stuff that apparently went down. WVU off coordinator staying on for bowl game before leaving for MI, a plus IMO. It's just funny that the only thing the media is throwing out on this is the negative on WVU and the positive on OU. Hearing nothing but how OU wants to win in order to atone for last year's loss to Boise. Well, interesting the similarities between Boise and WVU. WVU almost might be a better Boise. And does this game seem similar to the UGA/WVU Sugar Bowl a few years ago to anyone else? A WVU squad with something to prove given little chance to win against a team that is supposed to be all-around superior. Of course coaching is the reason this year, not youth, but still kindda similar IMO. Interim WVU coach seems like he's kept the team loose and cracked jokes during media day, but also made it clear WVU won't leave any bullets in the holster. Not surprising the public is pounding OU today after the 2 big favs roll last night, but IMO Haw was just out of their league and IL a horrible matchup and situation at USC. Both completely different than today, as WVU isn't overwhelmed talent-wise IMO and has the us vs the world/prove Rodriguez wrong motivation to match OU's redemption card.

I wouldn't be shocked if WVU comes out and throws, then hands off to Slaton and Devine. Considering how OU has apparently focussed on White so much, they may be able to pull that plan off. Also, I'd want to be careful with White considering they've lost both times he's gotten knocked out, and OU is capable of that.

I know this seems VERY pro-WVU, but I just wanted to throw out an anti-OU argument since people are so heavily backing them. Still debating what to play tonight myself. Not sure if I'm over thinking a simple play on OU or actually going the right direction. Just my 2 cents, hope it's helpful, and please correct me if I'm wrong on anything! GLTA :thumbs:
              NFL YTD: 0-0-0 (0.00 Units)
              NCAAF YTD: 1-0-0 (+0.45 Units)

Comment

Originally posted by cavorca12 View Post
                please correct me if I'm wrong on anything! GLTA :thumbs:
                Wrong avatar!:beer2:

Comment

i just played this on my 1995 sega geneis and it was OU-77 WVU-0

BTW........eddie george ran wild when i played OSU vs. LSU...something to keep in mind as we near the NC game

Comment

when you go 5-2 in a crappy conference full of teams that didn't play anyone (including yourself) and share the title with a team who was outstatted in every single conference game but 1 (syracuse) and got waxed in its bowl game when WFU finally woke up, and you lose at freeking home to an average at best PITT team who didn't even finish .500 and make a bowl when you have a chance to go to the NC........i am trying to figure out how anyone can be impressed with them. But then again, OU isn't the best bowl team to back and they usually play subpar in bowl games which is about the only thing you can hang your hat on for WVU, IMO.

WVU snuck up on UGA that year, they aren't sneaking up on OU this year, so i don't know who much of a comparison you can make between these 2 games.

Suspensions will hurt OU (hope that one ass clown is nice and toasty warm at least while he watches at home with his new jacket) i think. How much we will have to wait and see.

Mindset is up in the air for WVU. When everything you were playing for goes out the window it isn't easy for 19 year old and 20 year olds to get up for a game deep down. You can say all the right things but these aren't 28 year olds playing for the Patriots with Bellicheat as their coach.

Still say OKL by TD+

Comment

Wow great responses by all. I am so torn I may simply play the overlol. I am really confused and can make a case for both sides. I am starting to lean on the points as WVU shoul dbe motivated to play tonight and OK hasnt won a bowl game in three years? Ah who knows:bang:

Comment

Why is Bo referring to them is Olk? Who the **** says Olk? Is that a "thing" to call them that? Ha :laughing:

Anyway, Oklahoma is 3 deep at nearly every spot on their roster so losing "sticky fingers" I really don't think is a big deal. Some other guy with more heart and passion will probably replace him and play well. Having Smith out, a late first round/early second round pick could be dicey, but WVU doesn't have a true stud WR for Smith to lock in on anyway. Darius Reynaud? Ha... (watch him score 3 TD's tonight now).

WVU has no coach, just lost to one of the ten worst offensive teams in D1-A in Pittsburgh, and while I know this is bit of a bold statement - Sam Bradford, even though he's a frosh, is the best QB in the country, IMHO. You have to think the Sooners put up 30+, if not more, and can WVU hang with them is the question?

I don't think so, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                          Why is Bo referring to them is Olk? Who the **** says Olk? Is that a "thing" to call them that? Ha :laughing:

Funny my wife says that about half the **** I say "who the **** says that....nobody says that?"LOL...answer ...some call it any of a various reading disorders associated with impairment of the ability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information. I just call it F*cking around with the state of Olkeehommie:beer2:

Comment

I was goign to be on OU... somehow they're a 10 pt favorite on betus??? WTF

Comment

I didn't even touch on WVU D vs OU O, because like Cuse said, it's hard to see WVU holding them too far below the 24-28 range. OU O-line has a good size adv over WVU D-line as well. Big East this year also doesn't get me itching to back WVU. IMO there might be some value with WVU, but it's also not hard to see them getting throttled either.

Like I said, I'm not on either side right now, but I figured I'd throw some WVU reasoning out there for argument's sake. This line is moving exactly like UGA did last night at my book, from 7.5 to 9 and juice. Anyway, GL tonight!
                              NFL YTD: 0-0-0 (0.00 Units)
                              NCAAF YTD: 1-0-0 (+0.45 Units)

Comment

Working...
                              X