On The August 2008 I-AA/FCS Gridiron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On The August 2008 I-AA/FCS Gridiron

I'm back with I-AA/FCS selections for the 2008 season. As usual I will have a selection & wager on just about ever I-AA/FCS game since I spend most of my football time on the I-AA/II/III levels. As time permits I usually will have a few words about a few of the standout lines. As far as handicapping goes, I mainly rely on my personal power ratings of the teams & knowing tendencies, situations, etc.....

Answers to the most asked question:

You can find the lines at 5 Dimes & BetUS (Pinnacle might have some starting around Ivy League time). The lines usually go up on Wednesday or Thursday & have small limits which you have to be creative to work around.

2007 Final Regular Season Totals:

122-77-04 61% +3205 (Based on to win $100 per selection)

Breakdown:

August: 06-04-00 60% +140

September: 80-53-02 60% +1765

October: 24-12-01 67% +1020

November: 12-08-01 60% +280

Now that is out of the way, lets get going.....
    ==============================================

Thursday:

Hofstra +30.5 -115

Eastern Illinois +22.5 -115

Northeastern +21 -115

Indiana State +40 -115

Jacksonville State +26 -115

Eastern Kentucky +33.5 -115

Miami Florida -33 -120

South Dakota State +14 -115

No time for write ups but the following teams I feel have a strong chance at an outright victory over their I-A opponent: Hofstra, Eastern Illinois, Jacksonville State, & South Dakota State. SDS will win by double digits...

Now if those were basketball teams I might know sumpin bout 'em.....GL EGD!:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Saturday:

Southern Utah +34.5 -115

Albany +19 -115

Record update after the conclusion of today's games.

Thanks JoePa!

Comment

GL bud!
        NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
        MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
        MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
        NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
        Updated on 01/13/18
        ---
        One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

gl

Comment

looking forward to your posts thruout the season EGD.....I actually try to play a few 1-AA games during the week with small plays.....and that is 1 reason for my BetUS account. BOL for the season.....and will take all info into acct. May tail you on some due to a lack of time in the very near future (job requirements). Enjoy :beerbang:
            YTD
            CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
            Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
            BOWLS
            Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
            O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
            ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
            RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
            NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
            SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
            O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
            ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)
            2H's: 8-9(-0.65 U'S)
            RESULTS:(-7.67 U's)
            CBB'09-'10 season(as of 1/9)
            SIDES: 109-101-4(-.25 U's)
            O/U'S: 28-16(+6.50 U's)
            ML's 2-3 (+0.2 U's)
            RESULTS:(+6.45 U's)

"I WANT THEIRS!!" fitter, on new health care program

Comment

Villanova +46 -115

Towson +29.5 -115

Delaware +28.5 -115

Now I'm not saying Villanova will win as they won't but they will give WVU a much better game than people expect. I honestly feel they keep it under half the spread much less the full thing.

Delaware will give Maryland a really good game & I have a feeling they can steal the outright although it won't be easy. They are not 4+ TD's inferior to any team much less the Terps.

Also later I have a few games were quite frankly I would be shocked & disappointed if at least 2 of the FCS teams did not win outright against their FBS foes.

Comment

UC Davis +14 -115

James Madison +8.5 -115

Eastern Washington +45 -115

Cal Poly +6 -115

Northern Arizona +34 -115

McNeese State +23 -115

Northern Iowa +29 -115

FCS Upset Games: UC Davis, James Madison, Cal Poly, & Northern Iowa.

I fully expect at least 2 of the 4 to win outright.

Comment

Northern Arizona +39.5 -115

Cal Poly +7.5

Cal Poly as I stated above should win outright & anything less than that will be a letdown.

Northern Arizona always plays their in-state rivals tough & gives them a scare. They don't quit & won't get ambushed or intimidated by the "superior" team. The fact they are getting almost 6 TD's shows how clueless the linesmakers are.

Comment

08/28/08 Recap:

03-05-00 38% -275 (Based on to win $100 per selection for record purposes only)

=========

Season: 03-05-00 38% -275 (Based on to win $100 per selection for record purposes only)

A very frustrating night as a few of those games had scores that were not indicutive of how the game played out. I was most disappointed in South Dakota State who with an experienced & quality QB kept turning the ball over. This is not the kind of play they are known for. The kind of performance I saw was to be expected of the inexperienced ISU QB situation, not one of the better I-AA/FCS Qb's. I lost count of how many times they were in the red zone & turned it over. A very misleading score to say the least.

Comment

08/30/08 Recap:

13-01-00 93% +1185 (Based on to win $100 per selection for record purposes only)

=========

Season:

16-06-00 73% +910 (Based on to win $100 per selection for record purposes only)

Call me crazy but I am livid I did not get at least 2 outright FCS over FBS upsets. Delaware came pretty close. However UC Davis was a severe letdown as they were the superior team going in & had no business blowing their double digit lead. Ugh disgusted.......

Comment

One game today:

Jackson State +9.5 -115

Look for an outright win here as the oddsmakers have a line that is based on name as to actual situations. Hampton has a new coach as the man who built their program Joe Taylor is gone. Their top QB (irst-team preseason all-MEAC) is ineligible as the reins will be given to redshirt sophomore Herb Bynes who has seen limited action.

They have their best WR back along with Seminole transfer Damon McDaniel but with an inexperienced QB, that is a wash imo. They lost their top 3 linemen to graduation & are inexperienced in most key positions. The strength of the team will be in the secondary with strong experience coming back.

However I just don't see them winning this game much less covering even with the transfers from Florida State, Penn State, & Tennessee. I'd feel different if their QB situation was what it should be but with that inexperience & JSU returning many starters from a championship team, I think they win outright in the annual MEAC-SWAC Challenge.

Comment

08/31/08 Recap:

01-00-00 100% +100 (Based on to win $100 per selection for record purposes only)

=========

Season:

17-06-00 74% +1010 (Based on to win $100 per selection for record purposes only)

Breakdown:

August: 17-06-00 74% +1010

Comment

Working...
                          X