X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's Week 2 CFB

Alright, here we go:

Vandy +10 vs. South Carolina (2 units) WIN

Last season Vandy beat SC 17-6, roughing up SC quarterback Chris Smelley and sacking him 7 times. Well, SC's offensive line didn't look much better in week 1, called for four false starts and a holding penalty, and allowed five sacks to NCSU. I like Vandy QB Nickson to make some plays like he did last week when he had 166 rushing yards. Although its debatable whether Vandy can beat SC again, they are at home and getting DD points against a team with flaws.

Miami +21.5 at Florida (2 units) LOSS

Florida should definitely get a comfortble win here, but I think the U will be able to match them athletically and will be fired up to take on the Gators. Miami looked good in their 1st game (albeit against a I-AA team). A good showing here puts them back into the respectability range after falling off the map the past 5 years. I think they can stay within the number although Florida is too talented and gets a 14-17 point win, something like 35-17.

Texas -26.5 at UTEP (4 units) WIN

I was looking at both this one and Neb/SJSU and decided this was the better play. Texas had a big win last week and the passing game looked good. McCoy took care of the ball and the new WRs made plays. UTEP was embarassing against Buffalo, losing by 25 and allowing almost 500 total yards. If the Bulls can do that type of damage, UT must be licking their chops. I think the Horns roll here convingly, but even a 42-14 type score covers. But I expect a bigger margin.

Ohio +35.5 at OSU (2 units) (bought 1 pt) WIN

Getting this over 35 makes me feel better. OSU has no reason to embarass OU and that's not Tressel's style to make inferior in-state programs look bad. All the Buckeyes want to do is win, stay healthy, and get ready for USC. Beanie Wells is doubtful, which is also a plus. OU has a decent enough offense to put together a late TD or two, which would be more than enough against likely OSU's second or third unit, as I don't expect OSU to risk playing their starters too long with the Trojans on tap. Thinking something like 38-10 OSU.

And just for fun:

6 team, 6.5pt teaser (1.5 unit to win 7.5)

Kansas -14 vs. La. Tech
    Nebraska -20 vs. SJSU
    BG +0.5 vs. Minnesota
    Wisconsin -15 vs. Marshall
    Penn State -10 vs. Oregon St.
    Wake Forest -1.5 vs. Ole Miss

All home teams here against inferior opponents. We'll see what happens...

*I have never included teasers, parlays and exotics in my YTD totals.

Anyway, best of luck everyone this week! :celebrate:
    Last edited by MParris86; 09-07-2008, 10:27 AM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Love the Vandy play and your will find me on the MO's with ya TightEnd!:thumbs:
    Also looking at OU for the backdoor and Theo Scott ain't your mother's QB! Their offense is revamped and may keep them out of the MAC East cellar if they can stop somebody, anybody running the ball....

GL this here week pardner....got the Dover vs. Canton CC game on Friday night wjer.com :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
      Love the Vandy play and your will find me on the MO's with ya TightEnd!:thumbs:
      Also looking at OU for the backdoor and Theo Scott ain't your mother's QB! Their offense is revamped and may keep them out of the MAC East cellar if they can stop somebody, anybody running the ball....

GL this here week pardner....got the Dover vs. Canton CC game on Friday night wjer.com :thumbs:

Thanks JoePa...

Almost forgot, congrats on the big win against Avon Lake! That was huge!

FYI, I do a high school football internet radio show on Thursday nights from 7-9pm. Love for you to listen/call-in. Its on sportstalkcleveland.com and its called the Ohio Varsity Insider.

Comment

Originally posted by MParris86 View Post
        Thanks JoePa...

Almost forgot, congrats on the big win against Avon Lake! That was huge!

FYI, I do a high school football internet radio show on Thursday nights from 7-9pm. Love for you to listen/call-in. Its on sportstalkcleveland.com and its called the Ohio Varsity Insider.
        You only do Cleveland area? I went to BGSU and grew up in NW Ohio, not up to the Cleveland standard, but still some very good high school football up there.
        27-17-1, +14*
        CFB (16-11-0)
        NFL (7-5-1)
        MLB (3-1)
        NHL (1-0)

Go Canes!
        Go Dolphins!
        Go Heat!
        Go Marlins!
        :beerbang:

Comment

Nope, its on sportstalkcleveland, but we cover the entire state of Ohio.

Comment

GL MP
            NFL 0-0 +0.00units

NCAAF 8-10 -9.20units

Comment

How 'bout them Commodores? :celebrate:

Comment

Nice Call on Vandy :thumbs:

Heres to the rest of the weekend going the same :beerbang: :beerbang:
                :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

Thanks AUTiger...have a great weekend! :thumbs:

I doubled down on Texas vs. UTEP now to 4 units. The more I look at that game I don't see how UTEP will be able to slow down Texas' offense. They are banged up in the secondary and prety inexperienced. Scout says:

"The cornerbacks are pretty small and not overly physical, which could be a problem. Last week, Buffalo's Drew Willy was able to throw for 221 yards and four touchdowns on just 16attempts. That doesn't bode well for UTEP with UT's passing attack heading to town."

That being said, I don't see how Colt McCoy won't have a field day...

Adding:

Tulsa -22 at North Texas (1 unit) WIN

Small play on the Hurricane once again having its way on offense and putting up some crooked numbers against an inept Mean Green team coming off a 39 point loss to KSU last week. Tulsa should be able to hang at least 42 on them and I'm crossing my fingers that Tulsa's D can step up a bit and hold NT to 3 TDs or less. Looking at a 48-21 type of game.

Also rolling the dice a little bit with the most two live dogs on the board IMO:

2-team ML parlay (1 unit to win 6.9 units)

Duke +230 vs. Northwestern
                  Rice +140 at Memphis

If Duke can keep Sutton in check, they have a good shot. And if Rice's offense shows up like it did last week, I think they can get another win over a mediocre Memphis.
                  Last edited by MParris86; 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

GL MParris and welcome back.

I think the Mia/Fla matchup and OK/Cincy are the most intriguing matchups this weekend.

I'm leaning Miami, and am still up in the air on OK/Cincy.

Gotta love Vandy, eh?
                    NCAA YTD 0-1-0 -1.1 unit

Comment

GL MP, almost played Duke, but they gave up a little too much on the ground to 1aa JMU last week for me to trust them against Sutton. :thumbs:

Comment

GL MP!

GL MP! Nice hit on Vandy! I'm gonna be ridin that Miami play!!:beerbang:
                        From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Adding:

Texas Tech -10.5 vs. Nevada (2 units) WIN

Just think TT's passing attack will be too much against a suspect Nevada secondary.

How bout Ohio U? Wow, thought they were going to pull the upset....
                          Last edited by MParris86; 09-07-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

5-1 week ATS; just missed my teaser & ML dog parlay. Still a good week; up about 7 units. Thank god for Texas! Hook 'em baby.

Comment

Working...
                            X