college football week two

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• college football week two

Here is my final record in college football during the regular season last year. Bowls not included.

Best Bets (18-15)(+4.50 units)
    Strong Plays (15-16)(-5.20 units)
    Regular Plays (30-22)(+5.80 units)

Overall (63-53)(+5.10 units)

Here is what I did during the bowl season.

Best Bets (4-1)(+8.70 units)
    Strong Plays (3-3)(-0.60 units)
    Regular Plays (12-8)(+3.20 units)

Overall (19-12)(+11.30 units)

As you can see, I did not get rich last season, but I did come out ahead of the game, so no complaints from me.

Here is a breakdown of my plays………

Best Bets are three unit plays.
    Strong plays are two unit plays.
    Regular plays are one unit plays

LAST WEEK

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (2-0)(+4.00 units)
    Regular Plays (2-4)(-2.40 units)

Overall (4-4)(+1.60 units)

FOR THE SEASON

Best Bets (0-0)(even)
    Strong Plays (2-0)(+4.00 units)
    Regular Plays (2-4)(-2.40 units)

Overall (4-4)(+1.60 units)

I consider week one in college football a success. I had no best bets, but I did win my two strongest plays. As usual my regular plays did not do as well. I had every intention of playing Fresno State on Monday, but worked all day and forgot about it and had nothing on it, so it is no part of my record.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK TWO

Thursday, September 4th

Vanderbilt +10 vs S Carolina (regular play)…………Not in love with this game by any means, but seeing how it is the Thursday night game of the week I am playing it. College football is a game of confidence. Everybody said Vandy is really going to suck this year and I don’t think they will be as bad as people thought. Big step up in class playing S Car, but I have got to take the home dog in this one. I see a low scoring game with the ten points coming into play. Vandy’s offense might be a little better than NC States is as well. I don’t think S Carolina D is as good as they looked last week.

Friday, September 5th

Navy +7 vs Ball State (regular play)………..Again I might be forcing this since it is the lone Friday night game. I know Navy’s QB more than likely will not play, so I have to ask myself why this line has not jumped up much more. My gut just tells me this will be a close game.

I will be back in a few hours with the rest of my plays for the week.

GL Mark....with ya on the Vandy play!:thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Saturday, September 6th

Oregon State +16.5 vs Penn State (best bet)……………Here we go, my first best bets of the year. For starters I think the Pac 10 is better than the Big 10. Penn State might be a little over-rated after pounding Coastal Carolina. Oregon State might be a little under-valued after losing at Stanford. I think this point spread is way out of line. Penn State will win this game, they are not going to lose at home, but getting more than two td’s is a joke. I really love this game. It is always scary early in the year, but I have to follow my gut instincts and make this a best bet.

Mississippi +7.5 vs Wake Forest (best bet)………….My second best bet of the season. Again we have the SEC vs ACC, no contest in my book who is the better conference. I was very impressed with Ole Miss and the way coach Nutt had them playing last week. Wake is a solid and improved team from what they used to be, but they are still from a weak conference. The rugged, tough competition of the SEC will have Ole Miss prepared for an opponent like this. Mississippi might even win this game, but I am not going to get greedy and play the moneyline. I will be perfectly happy if this 3 three best bet comes in for me.

East Carolina +7.5 vs West Virginia (strong play)………….Some people might think last weeks upset of Virginia Tech was a fluke, but I don’t. This time Carolina gets to play in front of their home crowd and will be fired up and bursting with confidence. E Carolina won their bowl game to end last season as well and they do have the bulk of their team back. E Carolina moved the ball on a tough V Tech defense last week and should be able to do so again on the Mountaineers. E Carolina will score some points on this team. Villanova moved the ball on them last week, so I know the Pirates will also. My only concern is WVU has owned Carolina, but I get the feeling this is a different year with two different teams. I would not be shocked to see a second upset from this team, but like above, I am not going to get greedy and be happy with a win ATS.

S Mississippi +17.5 vs Auburn (strong play)……………There is something about Auburn that I don’t trust as a big favorite. Auburn has been known to play to the level of competition. I guess they are trying some new things on the offensive side of the ball, so they might not light up the scoreboard. S Miss is also known as being a headache for bigger name schools over the years. I think S Miss will have a ton of confidence after scoring so many points last week even though the defense they faced will be nowhere near like what they see this week. My gut just tells me S Mississippi keeps this under two touchdowns and gets the cover.

Bowling Green -5.5 vs Minnesota (regular play)………….Why not? There is a reason that a MAC team is favored over a Big 10 team and that reason is the MAC team is the better team. After winning at Pitt this Bowling Green team will be bursting with confidence and I get the feeling they win this one rather easily.

Buffalo +13.5 vs Pittsburgh (regular play)………….This is my anti-Dave play. I have no idea why I like Pitt last week. I guess I believed all the hype about “this being the year”. I am as stupid as Pitt’s athletic director for believing again. Dave screws everything up he touches. With one of the best running games in the country, Dave decides last week to have his QB throw the ball 51 times. Yes talent wise Pitt should be able to name the score, but guess what. That’s right…he will probably punt of first down a few times during this game. He is that stupid. Have I mentioned I am a Pitt fan and I hate him.

Air Force +3 vs Wyoming (regular play)…………Air Force played a nobody last week and won easily. Wyoming played Ohio U at Wyoming and was lucky to get the win. Only reason Wyoming is favored is they are at home and I don’t think that is a good enough reason. I think Air Force is the better team and will find a way to win this game.

Houston +15.5 vs Oklahoma State (regular play)……………..Houston always seems to play well vs the Cowboys and I feel Houston just has too good a team to be getting over two td’s. Okie State is one of those teams who struggles when you think they have put it together finally. Ok St was very impressive last week at Wash St and I think that is the reason the line is so high. I like my chances with all those points.

Rice +3.5 vs Memphis (regular play)……………..I lost with Memphis last week. Either Memphis is not as good as I thought or Ole Miss has one heck of a team this year… I think probably somewhere in between the two. I am just impressed to death with Rice’s offense and I think they will outscore Memphis in this one.

There you go…..eleven games. I feel really good about my best bets (I guess that is why they are called best bets) and I really like my strong plays as well. My regular one unit plays have a history of not doing as well. I think that is because I bet too many games sometimes and they are games I like but should probably lay off, but I love to bet football and I will never learn my lesson. Gambling is fun for me and I am a small bettor, so one unit losses are not going to kill me. Of course I always think every play I make is a winner.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Working...
      X