Why all the Vandy love?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why all the Vandy love?

Last week, we had everyone picking Mia Oh to beat them, and this week everyone seems to think they cover against a team that just pitched a shutout. Just wondering what the thought process is, because I just can't see Vandy scoring any points on the SC defense, and I think that Carolina scores 21 pts which should be enough to cover. The road team has been really good in this series as well which favors Cackalacki.

Help me see the other side--I love a good home dog.

I posted in my thread my reasoning...last year Vandy held em to six points, forced two turnovers and sacked Smelley seven times. USC's OL didn't look very impressive again in week 1, allowing five sacks to NCSU. Spurrier called his OL's pass blocking "pitiful" in his post game presser.

I think South Carolina is the better team, but double-digit points is too much here, IMO. Vandy's QB Nickson is a dual-threat guy who can break a big play or two.

I like Vandy to stick around in this game and think they have a good shot at winning outright if they can feed off the home crowd and get an early lead.

Right now, thinking USC takes it something like 23-17. Something about home doggies on Thursday night...:thumbs:
    Last edited by MParris86; 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

I agree with you 100%....and playing a -10 away fave on a televised Thurs night game is something that happens for me maybe once a year, lol.

I thought Vandy would suck, took Miami OH, and lost miserably.....but i still think they will suck, so i'll be taking a far far superior (to Miami OH) SC team tonight as well.

-10 really isn't many points in NCAA Football when you think about it....and similar to the pick the winner in NFL at under 7, I use the same rule in NCAA Footbball with anything under 10 (even though I don't track results or have any stats to back it up). My thinking is that if it's +10 or less, I have to believe the dog has good reason to win outright, and I personally just don't see that tonight.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

stifler,

with the new rule in the clock ,, 10 points is alot now

if you watched week 1 ? the team that has the lead in the 4th quarter is just running the ball and killing the clock ,

they are playing madden style folks, KILLING THE CLOCK

Just throwing ideas out there to watch

I'm loving the +10 points 2nite ,, be sweet if vandy can score the 1st TD of the game , get the crowd into it quick

Comment

This game is really Smelley:laughing: to me.

Can anyone say TRAP.

Give me the Gamecocks -11
          I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.

Comment

Working...
          X