• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurs NCAAF

reg plays 10-13 (-7.90 units)
    dog ml's 1-2 (-0.55 units)
    total 11-15 (-8.45 units)

A forgettable first week, really....fittingly ending with losing the under on TEN/UCLA which never should have even approached the posted total, imo.

Anyway, this game tonight looks to me like one of those games Flyers Fan was talking about in the NHL forum where the whole forum seems to be on the same side, and probably the wrong one. I couldn't read enough last week how Vandy will suck this year, and then they beat up on Miami OH, and now all of a sudden, apparently everyone (or mostly everyone) has changed their mind and Vandy has a great shot of taking out South Carolina.

Remember, a team is often only as good (to the masses) as their last game....and Vandy is clearly on a high in the minds of the public here off an impressive win at ****ty Miami OH, so why are they grabbing double digits at home?

South Carolina is hardly Miami OH, however, and imho, Vandy gets pasted tonight by a far superior SC team....and i think the oddsmakers are telling you they feel the same way by making Vandy such a large home dog, despite the factors that everyone is pointing out that seem to suggest Vandy is the better play.

I know I'm in the minority here, but if Vandy covers this number, i believe it will either be on flukey plays, or because SC falls on their faces and plays like ****, so....

South Carolina -10

2 units

Just wondering Stiff, what you saw last week that makes SCAR superior in any aspect of the game? I thought they scored a ton of points after the NCST defense quit, and that the SCAR O-Line is still a terrific mess. Yes, their defense played well, but NCST is one of the worst offensive football teams in the six BCS conferences. Nickson would be the best offensive player on that team by far, IMHO.

Thanks man :thumbs:

Comment

stif- GL!.....you're right about thelast thing people see.....funny now 7 days ago probably 80% of the people on Vandy were on Miami(oh). Vandy was the recipient of 3 key turnovers in Miami territory not to mention a 90 yard punt return to the Miaimi 1/2 yard line. Plus revenge spot for SCAR. I said the same thing to cuse about the line and what the oddsmaker thought.
      I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
      X