Rookie Chimes In

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Chimes In

I've been lurking this week,looking for new opinions and outlooks,so I guess I'll give it my best shot. 1st a little about myself.I love betting the pony's,also am hooked on Football and on-line poker.My recent retirement affords me plenty of time to try and figure out these vices.I AM A MEEEEECEEEEEEIGAN FAN (please hold all jokes as they could comeback & bite you in a couple years),but do not wager on them,and yes it's going to be tough til our-Rod gets his players in here.But enough BS.I guess I'll start posting football picks here.

One last thing I've discovered I like and that's betting 1st half lines at the beginning of the season.Quality teams playing inferior competition.With no preseason the 1st half of these schedule fillers are gifts.Most teams want to see what their starters are going to do before throttling down.e.g Last week I played (All 1st Half Lines):
    Mizzu -5 1/2
    Nebraska - 7 1/2
    Miss St -4 1/2
    Va Tech -6
    Played these for 1 unit as singles and 1/2 unit as a parlay.Sure you don't need to believe me but I know it's true,the proof is in my "Book Balance".Only problem is my book doesn't post until about a day before the game.I'll try and get my Saturday Half picks in Friday.

South Carolina/Vandy Over/Under 42 - (1 unit)I'll take the under.Rain and wind in the forecast for the Thursday night tilt.Let it BLOW !! Smelly comes in a the new starter and his predecessor was suppose to be locked in,a bad start could put him right back on the bench.This Vandy defense won't quit like NC State's did and a little wind and rain could leave both teams struggling with the running games.As for my halftime favorite picks I have conflicting ideas so I'll just take a pass.

Good Luck to all.If I'm doing anything wrong here ya'll make sure you let me know.OK ??
    O/U 11 - 5
    1st Half 3-5- 1
    Games 7 - 14
    :puke:

Well the bad weather never came,but Vandy's defense showed up just in time to shutdown SC and keep the total under 42 (24-17).Makes me 1-0 in O/U.

These next picks are for the Profitable 1st Half Lines

Wisconson (-12)

Norte Dame (-13)( Over 21.5) ND Brings in it's 1st patsy of the year. SDSU lost to Cal Poly and this won't be any easier.If Jimmy C has "matured" any he could blow-up the scoreboard Saturday.I'm no ND slappy so I feel I'm looking at this with a clear head.

Texas A&M (-1) This looks like a gift to me ecspecially if NM 's QB is a no go.I don't imagine it was easy to be an Aggie this week.Mike Sherman won't be thinking it easy this time out.

West Virginia (-4.5) WVU has seen the replays of ECU's shocker of VT and won't be taking the Pirates for granted.Pat White looks to put up monster numbers again this week.Let's hope something resembling a WVU defense show up this week

Kansas - (13) KU has no problem being the mean host and I look for them to score early and often.

Maryland (-6.5) Against MTU ? This could be the gift of the year !!

Texas (-14.5) With the 1st stringer probably only playing the 1st half today wouldn't be suprised to see UTEP shutout in the 1st half.UT scored at will last week against another weak opponent.

Along with above I'll take a few games also

Auburn (-17.5)
    Central Michigan - Georgia (Over 56) CMU can score,but defense is week.This could end up 60 - 38
    WVU (-7.5) Won't be caught off gaurd.
    Texas A&M -3
    O/U 11 - 5
    1st Half 3-5- 1
    Games 7 - 14
    :puke:

Comment

I love picks and analysis.

Welcome aboard!

You noted to "let you know if your doing something wrong".

You're not doing anything wrong, but from one seasoned bettor to another bettor, you really wanna be careful selecting that many favorites.

Generally speaking, you will get smoked playing that way.

That's not to say that they all can't win though. Dont get me wrong. ANYTHING can happen.

This isn't an attack on your picks either. Just trying to save you a few years that I went through when I started betting. Every good team and favorite looked good.

The truth is though, that betting on the bad teams (against the spread) is what gets you the money. Crazy but true.

Comment

taking a lot of chalk... good luck, hope you cash :beerbang:

ncaa ftball
        last week: 3-4
        season: 21-19

Comment

GL Krawdad!

GL Krawdad!! Crack open one of those fine Brews!!!:beerbang:
          From one beer lover to another! Strohs Beer!

Lost all control of my record!! It's a new year Let's see if I can do better! :drunk:

Comment

Spoonie- is that you?

GL!........
            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

MEEEEECEEEEEEIGAN FAN :bang: :puke:..... JK

GL this season and welcome!!

Comment

The more Michigan fans the better:beerbang:

Welcome and Good Luck:thumbs:

Comment

Working...