MP's Week 3 CFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's Week 3 CFB

5-1 ATS last week. Let's keep it going...

Two early ones I really like and want to lock in:

Georgia -7 at South Carolina (5 units) PUSH

Don't care they are on the road; the Bulldogs are much better than SC plain and simple. Don't know how SC is going to score more than 14 and while that Cocks defense is good, Vandy was able to run the ball effectively with a white boy...I'm thinking Knowshon Moreno will be able pick up a few yards himself.. :) That UGA offense is nasty and will score points on anyone...how will SC's "smelley" offense be able to keep up?

Cal -14.5 at Maryland (3 units) LOSS

I like the way Cal's offense has looked so far. They gashed Michigan State for 38 points and then whipped Wazzou last week 66-3. Jahvid Best is one of the more underrated RBs in the country.

Maryland has appeared completely inept on offense thus far; beating Delaware 14-7 and losing to Middle Tennessee 24-14 last week, a game in which MTSU held a 2-to-1 advantage in time of possession. The Terps are still trying to figure out their QB situation, having started two different players in each game, both of whom sucked and threw multiple INTs.

The cross country trip is somewhat of a concern for Cal, but they are the more explosive team that appears confident while Maryland is trying to pick up the pieces right now.

**Thought I was going to load up on Nevada +27 @ Mizzou, but then did some research and saw RB Luke Lippincott is out for the season after tearing up his knee LW. He was the focal point of that offense. Did look like a juicy line, but now no play for me. Just a warning for anyone else looking at that game.
    Last edited by MParris86; 09-14-2008, 12:07 AM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Way to pick 'em last week MP :thumbs:

I like what you got so far, Stay hot!
    :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

All over Cal too....GL Tightend!:thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I LOVE both of these picks, so much so they seem like sucker bets. I'm on both! Best of luck!!

Comment

Adding:

Arizona -10 at New Mexico (2 units) LOSS

Arizona has set the world afire on offense thus far, averaging better than 55ppg. Meanwhile, New Mexico can't seem to figure how to: a) hang onto the football (-5 TO ratio); and b) find the endzone. They were held to 3 points in a 23-point loss to TCU and needed two late cheap TDs to make the game against a mediocre A&M team look respectable.

I don't think Arizona is going to score 55 this game, but 35 is very possible. Given the way New Mexico's offense has looked I don't see them scoring more than a couple TDs. If they don't secure the football, giving Arizona's O short fields to work with will spell doom. I like Arizona by 14-20. I'll say Arizona 34 New Mexico 16.

The only thing I don't particular like with my plays this week is that (so far) I got three away favs. Oh well, I pick 'em as I see 'em. :dunno:
          Last edited by MParris86; 09-14-2008, 12:07 AM.

Comment

GL on your picks bud, well done last week. Jumped on the GA early line with you and looking at both Cal and Arizona here. Bol to you on your plays
            NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
            MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
            MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
            NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
            Updated on 01/13/18
            ---
            One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Are you saying white boys cannot run the football? What about Woody Harelson?

Comment

I came oh so close last week to hitting my teaser, so I'll try again this week.

6-team, 7pt teaser (2 units to win 8 units)

Memphis +10.5 at Marshall
                Virginia +17.5 at UConn
                OSU +17.5 at USC
                Washington +27.5 vs. Oklahoma
                Navy +8.5 at Duke
                Rice +14 at Vanderbilt

A little reasoning: Memphis can score some pts and Marshall isn't that good; UConn's offense is too anemic to cover a big #; all eyes on OSU to at least keep it respectable; Lots o' points for Washington at home; Duke should never give a team more than a TD; Rice has enough firepower to stick around plus possibility for a Vandy letdown.

Anyways, this is just for fun. I don't add teasers or parlays into my YTD regardless of win or loss.

That'll probably be it for me this week. Don't really like the card that much this week.

BOL everyone! :celebrate:

Comment

Nice start MP....keep up the good work. Thanks for the info on Nev+27....missed that info myself. That really helps. :thumbs:
                  YTD
                  CFB'09 season(as of 1/7)
                  Reg season RESULTS:(-12.98 U's)
                  BOWLS
                  Sides: 8-21(-20.5 U's)
                  O/U's: 2-6(-1.25 U's)
                  ML's: 2-6(-0.70 U's)
                  RESULTS(-22.45 U's)
                  NFL'09 season(as of 1/3)
                  SIDES: 59-51-3(-1.3 U's)
                  O/U's: 15-19-2(-3.95 U's)
                  ML's: 5-13(-2.47 U's)
                  2H's: 8-9(-0.65 U'S)
                  RESULTS:(-7.67 U's)
                  CBB'09-'10 season(as of 1/9)
                  SIDES: 109-101-4(-.25 U's)
                  O/U'S: 28-16(+6.50 U's)
                  ML's 2-3 (+0.2 U's)
                  RESULTS:(+6.45 U's)

"I WANT THEIRS!!" fitter, on new health care program

Comment

Ok one more...

Buffalo -6 vs. Temple (2 units) LOSS

Temple has an awful run D and Buffalo has a solid running attack. The Owls are giving up 250+ypg on the ground thus far.

I've been somewhat impressed with Buffalo so far, they crushed UTEP and they played Pitt even up for 3 quarters but ended up losing late. Temple, meanwhile, wasn't very impressive last week against UConn in what was an offensive pillow fight.

Like Buffalo at home here by less than a TD. The Bulls won by 35 last year, so I'm thinking they can cover this #.
                    Last edited by MParris86; 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

0-3-1 this week. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Not sure what happened this week...but I have a hunch alot of people had a rough weekend. Some strange outcomes.

Surprisingly, I only lost 3.5 units...my biggest play pushed (Georgia) and I hit a 2-team parlay with Baylor/Western Michigan that I didn't have time to post. It won't count on here, but it saved my ass bankroll-wise.

Oh well, onto week four...

Comment

thank god for poker, ,made al my money back today from poker and alil extra, not much extra ,, but got me sum nice wings and liq up lol

lets get to the NFL ,, see some more crazy outcomes

Comment

Working...
                        X