Harmonious NCAA Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonious NCAA Weekend

Better slate of games this weekend as opposed to the shambles of last week's card. Hope everyone had a profitable weekend and are doing well and safe and healthy!

Sides: 6-4 (+1.6 units)
    Totals: 1-1 (-0.1 units)
    Teases: 1-3 (-2.6 units)
    YTD: 8-8 (-1.1 units)

1 UNIT
    North Carolina (+6.5). All the talk here is about Mike Teel and how he is chomping at the bit to redeem himself for a couple bad throws against Fresno State. I liked UNC to begin with getting points, but this makes me like it even more. Teel seems destined to do something really stupid tonight if RU doesn't get out ahead early. I'm not even convinced RU is a better team than UNC from top to bottom anyway. The squeaker versus McNeese State is not that big a deal to me considering it was the first game and who gets up for McNeese State? UNC has weapons in Hakeem Nicks, who's just as good as Underwood and Britt, IMHO and Greg Little and Tate are decent backs. Yates can chuck it. The defense has NFL players at DT and FS and returns the entire secondary, 2 LB's and a gaggle of defensive lineman who are sophomores on the rise (including DT Austin).

:thumbs:

GL man :thumbs:
    :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
    -Big Pimpin-

Comment

GL Cuse :thumbs:

Comment

Also played for the weekend

I put these in yesterday before my guy moved anything... They've all since moved obviously.

2 UNITS
        Georgia (-7). I've been saying all year I think SCAR is hideously overrated. Let's see how they handle Stafford/Moreno and company. UGA has won 3 straight at SCAR too I think...

Michigan (-1). They can rank Charlie Weiss's recruiting class in the To p10 all they want. I'm sorry Notre Dame Golden Domer Homers, but it doesn't translate on the field. Start with Claussen and go down the list... Those players just aren't very good.

1 UNIT
        South Florida (-3). Very tough place to go into a win, and I think Grothe is the difference. I'm a little worried USF has trouble with Reesing and the Kansas offense, but this should be a fun game. National TV, you know BOTH coaches have this one circled and want to impress.

California (-14.5). Cal averaging 52ppg or so and if the ocean were the end zone and the Maryland offense was on the beach alone, I think they'd go the wrong way. Cal's athletes are in another world from what UMD has right now, and with no QB, the Terps could be in for a long day. Travel the only concern here obviously.

1 UNIT TEASE
        North Carolina-Rutgers OVER 36.5/USC (-0.5)/Arizona (Pk)

:thumbs:
        Last edited by CuseFan10; 09-11-2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Cuse- GL!....i can't believe all the people laying 3+ with SFLA, though. KU has covered 17 of L20 and has a great offense and a very good defense. Like little boy blue....GL!...:thumbs:

Also, looks like we are probably going to have an open spot in the hockey league. Will let you know on Monday when i get back, but i've sent out 3 emails to the remaining 3 guys and nobody has signed up.
          I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

GL Cuse...Just bout to add Meeeeechigan as one of my plays..Kinda makes me sick to root for them, but makes me sicker to root for ND...:beerbang:

Comment

GL Cuse.. With ya on Cal and the Dawgs :thumbs:
              :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                Cuse- GL!....i can't believe all the people laying 3+ with SFLA, though. KU has covered 17 of L20 and has a great offense and a very good defense. Like little boy blue....GL!...:thumbs:
                Yea, they've covered 17 of 20 or whatever it is but give me one good road victory they have? Last year, they covered 12 of 13 against one of the easiest schedules of all time and add two more crappy games to it this year so far and that's 14 of 15 and their only quality victory is a neutral site game against Virginia Tech (who let's be honest, could give two ****s about playing Kansas in a bowl game).

I'll take another look at the game but Kansas didn't impress me last week, and I watched almost every play of that game so I'm not sure they can go into Tampa and come out alive.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  Yea, they've covered 17 of 20 or whatever it is but give me one good road victory they have? Last year, they covered 12 of 13 against one of the easiest schedules of all time and add two more crappy games to it this year so far and that's 14 of 15 and their only quality victory is a neutral site game against Virginia Tech (who let's be honest, could give two ****s about playing Kansas in a bowl game).

I'll take another look at the game but Kansas didn't impress me last week, and I watched almost every play of that game so I'm not sure they can go into Tampa and come out alive.
                  what really worries me is "how easy" this game looks on SFLA and how many people i've seen lining up on them. -3 is really a short line and if you are laying 3 then you have to be pretty sure they are a solid TD or better club, IMO, or why risk laying 3 points in a game that you think is going to be close if you get my drift. If i thought this was a close game i would grab the 3 1/2 right now. I just don't see SFLA as a TD better than KU. But then again that is just me.

I like BAY getting 3 at home tomorrow much more than this SFLA game. But as you say, with that being said im sure SFLA wins 44-0 and BAY loses 49-3.

GL!....:thumbs:
                  I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

GL Cuse....with ya on the Cal play! :beerbang:
                    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

FRIDAY

Sides: 7-4 (+2.6 units)
                      Totals: 1-1 (-0.1 units)
                      Teases: 1-3 (-2.6 units)
                      YTD: 9-8 (-0.1 units)

1 UNIT
                      Baylor (-4). At least Baylor seems to care, Wazzou is lost right now and virtually talentless.

1 UNIT TEASE... It's like crack.
                      Kansas-South Florida OVER 39/Michigan-Notre Dame OVER 27/USC (-1)

USF play above. :thumbs:
                      Last edited by CuseFan10; 09-12-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post

Also, looks like we are probably going to have an open spot in the hockey league. Will let you know on Monday when i get back, but i've sent out 3 emails to the remaining 3 guys and nobody has signed up.
                        FF, I'd like to hop in to the hockey league as well if you have another open slot.

Comment

cuse, good luck my man, nice lookin card.

Comment

GL CUSE!!!! WITH YOU ON TONIGHTS GAMES11:thumbs:

Comment

with you on baylor

but i like kansas

GOOD START TO THE WEEK

right on with NC

that writeup was dead on
                              Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD