Chris Wells OUT for Tomorrow's Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Wells OUT for Tomorrow's Game

Its been scrolling on ESPN...I'm not sure how much this really affects the game tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I'm playing this game....but I just have a strange feeling, even without Beanie, the Buckeyes show up. Not predicting a win or anything...but I could see a close game.

I like the strategy of announcing it tonight...let each team sleep on it...I actually think it helps the Buckeyes...they realize they all have to step it up a notch. USC knows that OSU will be without their best player.

Thoughts?

Wonder if the line will go higher than 11.5.

BTW, did anyone see the goofy line movement in the WSU/Baylor game? It was -7 before kickoff...was someone hurt or something for Wazzou? -1.5 to -3.5 to -7 before kickoff...weird.
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Originally posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Its been scrolling on ESPN...I'm not sure how much this really affects the game tomorrow.

I'm not sure if I'm playing this game....but I just have a strange feeling, even without Beanie, the Buckeyes show up. Not predicting a win or anything...but I could see a close game.

I like the strategy of announcing it tonight...let each team sleep on it...I actually think it helps the Buckeyes...they realize they all have to step it up a notch. USC knows that OSU will be without their best player.

Thoughts?

Wonder if the line will go higher than 11.5.

BTW, did anyone see the goofy line movement in the WSU/Baylor game? It was -7 before kickoff...was someone hurt or something for Wazzou? -1.5 to -3.5 to -7 before kickoff...weird.
    My thoughts on Beanie:

It's not the NFL, Tressell can say whatever he wants, and Wells can play. I think he's trying to play mind games with USC and the media. I really believe Tressell is playing the underdog card in the locker room, so his plan to make USC feel relaxed might be a good ploy. I don't hardly believe Pete Carroll will allow his team to exhale one bit, and I think the truth is that USC is just too good for OSU to win. However, I'm still sticking to my teaser bet of OSU +17, thats just too many points.

On the WSU line, maybe Vegas just finally realized that they are HORRIBLE! NEWSFLASH! I hope not, but 3 straight weeks I've bet the house on ____________ vs. WSU, and 3 straight weeks I've won big. They might be the safest bet in college football!
    27-17-1, +14*
    CFB (16-11-0)
    NFL (7-5-1)
    MLB (3-1)
    NHL (1-0)

Go Canes!
    Go Dolphins!
    Go Heat!
    Go Marlins!
    :beerbang:

Comment

I think a good coach can do a lot of things....however, I don't think they can totally control the psyche of their players. If so, coaching would be a lot easier. No matter how many times Carroll tells his guys Beanie being out doesn't matter, it does...somewhere deep down where a coach can't control. If you've ever played sports, which I'm sure many of us have here, it does make a difference. Playing a team without their best player DOES make a difference....you may never admit that it does...but it does.

If you are implying that Tress is sitting Beanie out to play the underdog card because he knows he can't win (and I'm not sure you are), well, I'm not buying it.

There is NO WAY Beanie will play tomorrow. Tressel said he's out for tomorrow...he won't flip flop....I think personally (maybe not program wise) but personally, he's got more integrity than that. However, I do think he hopes to use this announcement tonight to his team's advantage and hopefully (for OSU) to USC's disadvantage.

If the OSU O line actually shows up and plays inspired (which I'm thinking Tress is hoping for with tonight's announcement), the committee of Mo Wells, Saine and Boom can get the same type of success as Beanie.

It all depends on how, or if, this announcemnt affects the O line.
      "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Comment

I won't believe he's OUT until I see him without his shoulder pads on in the 1st quarter. Doctors cleared him to play in the biggest game of his life on a national stage, and his coach claims he isn't playing.

Hmmmmmm......

Comment

whether he's in or out, I'm thinking of playing them. Too many people are talking up usc to just run them out of the stadium.

Comment

Working...
          X