MP's Week 4 CFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's Week 4 CFB

Trying to recover from a bad week 3. Still in the green, though, so its all good.

Here we go:

Middle Tennessee State +5 at Arkansas State (2 units) LOSS

This is a play based almost purely on past results in this matchup.

2003: MTSU 24 ArkSt 14
    2004: MTSU 45 ArkSt 17
    2005: MTSU 45 ArkSt 7
    2006: MTSU 38 ArkSt 10
    2007: MTSU 24 ArkSt 7

Anyone seeing a trend here? MTSU has a nice win over Maryland on their resume. ArkSt is 2-1 with wins over Texas A&M and Texas Southern. I'll say MTSU at least covers here, but if past results mean anything, MTSU could be a nice ML play.

Rice +30.5 at Texas (2 units) LOSS

I don't know, I just think this is too big of a number here. Texas had to scratch and claw their way to cover -26 against UTEP and was even outgained in that game. UTEP was able to muster over 400 yards of total offense. Rice has a better offense than UTEP and should be able to stay within that number. Even if Texas gets up by 35 or so late, Rice might sneak in a backdoor cover on a late TD. Something like a 45-21 type game to me, IMO.

Wake Forest +4 at Florida State (2 units) WIN

Tailing alot of good cappers on the board plus I think Wake is the better, more well-prepared team. WF has played Big 12 and SEC opponents thus far while FSU has messed around with some I-AA whipping boys. Riley Skinner has looked very sharp so far (5 TD; 0 INT; 75% competion). If its a close game, no better player to have on the field than WR kicker Sam Swank.

Alabama -9.5 at Arkansas (2 units) WIN

The Tide lead the nation in rush defense, holding opponents to 43 ypg and only 1.9 ypc. Arkansas' offense has been shaky at best and have needed to pull out single-digit wins against two crappy opponents (Western Illinois & La. Monroe) after falling behind at halftime. Alabama should control the line of scrimmage and make it awfully tough for Arkansas to get anything going on offense. The Hogs have been idle for two weeks after getting washed out by the hurricane last week and could be rusty. Meanwhile, Alabama has alot of momentum starting 3-0 and winning their last game big, in which they outgained W. Kentucky by 400 yards.

Maybe one or two later this week. Good luck everybody! :celebrate:
    Last edited by MParris86; 09-20-2008, 09:27 PM.
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

GL MP! Get it back this week!!:beerbang:

Comment

BOL to ya Tightend.....like the Wake play and Rice too!
      Let's cash 'em this week.....:thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL! Like WF & the Tide... :thumbs:

Comment

GL MP
          Tide & Demon Deacons look awfully inviting.
          Heard your bro Robby might get the starting nod vs Mich St this week becuase Grimes is banged up (Back injury)
          Go Irish!:thumbs:

Comment

Good Luck!
            Go Wildcats!!! beat St. E!!!

Comment

Gip-

We'll see...he's still trying to get back to full speed after his hamstring injury. The way Tate is playing plus the love affairs with Floyd and Kamara, minutes are hard to come by.
              I still think the 2-0 start is misleading...the SDSU game was a debacle and scUM basically gift-wrapped that game with those early TOs.

Javon Ringer might have a field day against ND's defense. If McGuffie can go for 150, Ringer could break 200...again.

Comment

GL this week MParris :thumbs:
                Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Easy $ with Bama...going to add one more play for tonight:

2-team ML parlay (2.8 units; -117)

Georgia -285
                  Fresno State -270

Comment

Boy, nice cash by WF, but they could have beaten that sloppy, unprepared mess that is FSU by 40 if they had played a sharp game. Plus, I think I jinxed Swank above!

Rice disappointed me on O and history didnt repeat itself with MTSU. :bang:

All in all, a 2-2 Saturday with my ML parlay left in the balance.

Comment

Damn, how about Fresno pulling that one out! 55-54 in 2OT?!?

Wow...they had me sweating bullets. At least I get to go to bed happier, but pretty much a push for me this weekend, maybe up a few bucks.

On to week five....

Comment

Working...
                      X