Thor's College Football:Week 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor's College Football:Week 5

...YTD...44-38-1 Overall..(35-33-1 Sides..9-5 Totals)

THURSDAY NITE:

(1-3) SMU at (1-2) Tulane

Pic: Tulane -18
    Pic: SMU/Tulane...Under 50 1/2

(2-0) USC at (1-2) Oregon St

Pic: USC -24 1/2
    Pic: USC/Oregon St...Over 52 1/2

Football Time..!!

Good Luck to Everyone..Hammer em..!!

**Note..I'm at Work..If I get Time I will give a Writeup as Soon as I Can...BOL to All..!!
    Last edited by Thor24; 09-25-2008, 05:46 PM.
    Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

(1-3) SMU at (1-2) Tulane
    SMU has Beat 1 Team this Season...Texas St (47-36) and Has Allowed 45.8 Points Scored Against Team in those 4 Games and are 0-2-1 ATS in Lined Games..with Texas St Game no Line...Pushed Texas Tech at Home but at 36 Points and TCU Covered 24 1/2 Points easy in a 48-7 Game...Start the Year SMU Played Rice as a 4 Point Dog and Lost Outright 56-27...Not Even Close...Now I Know that Tulane is Not TCU or Texas Tech But their 1-2 Record is not a True Show of their Team...Open the Year at Alabama and Played them to a 20-6 Game in a Game which Alabama Only Lead 13-3 at Half and had 2 TD's Scored by Special Teams...(1) Bama Ran a 87 Yard Punt Return for TD and (2) Bama Blocked a Punt for a 17 Yard TD Score....Take those away and Game is 7-6 since Bama Failed on the PAT after Blocked Punt...SO 2 Special Team Plays Saved Bama From OT or even a Loss the 1st Week...60 Minutes of Football Hinged on 2 Plays...Stats from Game...TOTAL Yards..Tulane 318 Yds...Bama 172 Yds...1st Downs..Tulane 18...Bama 11...Clock Controll..Tulane 36 1/2 Mins...Bama 23 1/2 Mins...You Would Think Tulane had Won the Game...Then Lost to a HOT East Carolina Team 28-24 when E car Threw a TD Pass with Just Over a Minute to Ply in 4th Q to get the W...with a Close 316/312 in Totals Yards But E Car 1st TD was a Blocked FG Attempt by Tulane and E Car Returned it for the TD..Otherwise Tulane Wins then Tulane takes care of Business and Beats U Louisana-Monroe 24-10 as a 5 Point Favorite (1st Time this Season)...BUT Tulane is 3-0 ATS in Last 3 This Season and 5-1 ATS Last 6 Games Overall...But Tulne Dfense has Played hard..Going UNDER 10-4 Last 14 Games on Turf and 12-5 Last 17 Games Overall..Nice Lillte Trend in the Last 6 Meetings is That FAVORITE (Tulane) is 5-1 ATS....SMU is Just Not Ready to Be the Old Pony Express or Even the Teams of the 80's...Their Death Pent. Really did Kill Them going 0-2-1 ATS this Season and 3-7 ATS Last 10 Conf Games...SMU is 0-5 ATS the Last 5 Games After the Game Before they Only Scored 20 Points or Less (7 pts vs TCU even when Subs were in the Game)...So That is Why I Like Tulane Tonite But I Know it is Hard to take a Big Fav giving 18 Points and Play the Under...But I See a....32-10...35-14 Style of Game with Tulane as a Big Home Field Advantage Plus SMU Usually is a Poor Road Team..BOL to All..So....

Pic: Tulane -18
    Pic: SMU/Tulane...Under 50 1/2

Football Time..!!

Lo there do I See my Father.....Lo there do I See my Mother.....and My Sisters and My Brothers... Lo there do I See the Line of My People Back to the Beginning...Lo they do Call to Me...They Bid Me...Take My Place Among Them...In The Halls of VALHALLA...Where the Brave...May Live...FOREVER..!!

Comment

GL this weekend thor :thumbs:
      :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
      -Big Pimpin-

Comment

gl this week thor, with ya on USC on the otherside in SMU...hammer the man this week
        To A Phillies World Series :beerbang:

Flyers and Eagles --- its your turn:beerbang:

1 unit=25 dollars
        2 units=50, etc.. and so on

Comment

BOL to ya Thor......put the mallet to the man's shallots....LMAO :laughing: :thumbs:
          Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Thanks...Q-Unit....PhillyFan3...Joepa66...Hope you have a better Start to this Week than Me...BOL to Ya..!!

Well...Not a Good Start to this Week..0-4 and Tuane Nice 31-7 Lead and Just Give it Away...Killer and USC Look Liked they were Shell Scocked and Oreg St Like like the Old USC...Weird...:beer2:

FRIDAY NITE FOOTBALL: Big East Game

(4-0) Connecticut at (2-1) Louisville
            Here is What I See...Both Teams Open with Big East Play and That is What Counts in the Long Run...Bowl Ties..Conn is 4-0 but 3 Games at Home and 1 Away Game..12-9 Win over Temple..(Last Game between these 2 Teams was in a Wind 20-30 mph Gusts/Rain Storm Coditions and Louie Leading 17-7 in 4th Q) that Conn got a Punt Returned that was Controversial when a Fair catch Stopped Louie Defenders but Conn Player Ran Ball for 74 Yard TD to Tie game at 7-7...Officials let t go (Even after Louie Callled a TO and refs said it was not Reviewable...Main thing was that QB Brohm was Not able to Throw Long Passes for Weather...I Looked and Saw that Conn has Won Only 1 of their Last 5 Away Games..the 12-9 Win Over Temple and are 0-4 ATS Last 4 Away Games...Just Feels Like they are a Much Better Team at Home and on the Road Good Teams Seem to Blow them Out...W Forest 24-7 (Bowl Game)...WV 66-21...Cinny 27-3...and Louie has had More Time to Prepare even if Just 2 More Days..Plus I Don't Like the TD/INT Ratio from Conn QB Lorenzen...1 TD/6 INT..Great Runner but I See some Pick 6 for Louie Tonite..But I have been Wrong Before..Check Back 24 Hours..ut I See Louie Wins/Covers and Total Goes Over...Me Thinks..So..

Pic: Louisville -3 1/2

Pic: Connecticut/Louisville...Over 51 1/2

Football Time..!!

Comment

Sorry...I Was Not Able to Post before I Left for WVU to See my Son and Game..Really Sorry..Laptop did Not Work..Hope All did Well :thumbs: ..!!...

Comment

Working...
              X