MP's Week 6 CFB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP's Week 6 CFB

Another crappy one last week at 1-2...that record is creeping closer and closer to .500

Going with four this weekend:

Arizona State +9 at Cal (2 units)

The Sun Devils have had two weeks to prepare for this one after losing to Georgia. Cal is a weird team to gauge as they can look really good or really bad. The fact that RB Jahvid Best is out for the Bears is not good for them, as he is the focal point of that offense averaging 215 all-purpose yards per game. Best's absence hurts them big time. The Sun Devils can score, so I think they keep it within the number in a big conference showdown.

Memphis -4 at UAB (2 units)

Memphis is better IMO than their 2-3 record indicates. They lost a tough one at Ole Miss, blew a big lead against Rice, and suffered a 1pt loss to Marshall. A couple bounces their way and they're 4-1. They won by DD as an underdog last week. The offense is averaging 468 yards per game and UAB's defense is like swiss cheese. Tulsa and FAU put up 40+ each. Memphis, on a two-game win streak, should win this one by DD against a UAB team yet to defeat a I-A program.

BYU -28.5 at Utah State (2 units)

The Cougars are the best team in CFB this year not from a BCS conference. They are decimating teams behind outstanding QB Max Hall. They have won their last two games 59-0 and 44-0 against teams (UCLA & Wyoming) that are better than Utah State. Against the other two ranked teams Utah State has played, they allowed 66 and 58 points respectively. BYU could win this one by 50 if they wanted. 29 is plenty for me.

Colorado State -2 vs. UNLV (1.5 units)

Tailing Mike333 and Flyers here. They made a pretty convincing argument that there isn't much gas left in the tank for UNLV after a bunch of OT and rivalry games. Plus CSU has won 11 of the last 12 meetings.

Good luck everybody :booz:
    2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
    2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

GL this week Tightend.....you'll probably find me on Memphisto and BYU as well! :thumbs:

How about that Dover score.....69-7...phew!

And that Ridgewood vs. Garaway game that ended 39-35....Malvern vs. Ridgewood will be the biggest game of the IVC season......
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

GL, MP, --Like BYU too

I'm heading out to Notre Dame t'mrrw for the game vs Stanford, I'll be keeping my eye out for your bro' No. 82--Robby-- hopes he gets some PT tjhis week but the WR corps is starting to open some eyses!
      Go Irish!:thumbs:

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gipper View Post
          GL, MP, --Like BYU too

I'm heading out to Notre Dame t'mrrw for the game vs Stanford, I'll be keeping my eye out for your bro' No. 82--Robby-- hopes he gets some PT tjhis week but the WR corps is starting to open some eyses!
          Go Irish!:thumbs:
          Hopefully he's back on the field this week. Its a strange "rotation" they got going there. One week he plays 25 snaps and has four grabs, the next week no PT.

Kamara and Robby, the two leading WRs last year, have taken a back seat to Floyd and Tate. Can't say those two haven't been playing well, but I think you need to throw Kamara more than fade routes or Robby more than bubble screens. You can't have two experienced 6-4 WRs sit on the pine the majority of the game.

We'll see what happens. Have fun in South Bend.

Originally posted by joepa66 View Post
          How about that Dover score.....69-7...phew!
          There's a Tornado brewing...watch out Dorothy! :thumbs:

Thanks all...BOL to all you as well!
          2010 CFB: 39-33-0 (ATS)
          2010-2011 CBB: 26-24-0 (ATS)

Comment

Love all 4 of 'em. Here's to a Big week for ya :beerbang:
            :bang:

Strike first, Strike hard, no mercy, SIR!

Comment

Working...
            X