~~ BIFF'S NCAA-FB - OCT. 4th ~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~ BIFF'S NCAA-FB - OCT. 4th ~~

Hope everyone had a good week and is excited for some football this weekend!

I know this is off topic, but I'd like to get some feedback from you guys if that's possible. I feel I will soon be reaping the pain of not getting a TOP 10 running back in my fantasy league. Anyone here like the trade of R. Wayne for B. Jacobs? I tried to demand Portis... but he seems weary of letting him go.

I also have S. Smith, Ocho Cinco, Plaxico, I. Bruce, and M. Harrison at WR. As for RB I only have T. Jones, E. Graham, R. Bush, and D. McFadden. So you can see I'm stuck w/o a solid RB. On paper I know it looks bad, but anyone think this is a good trade?

NOW ON TO COLLEGE PICKS! 1st up, I'm taking the Wildcats at home in their BIG 12 opener. Should be a ton of intensity starting off against at TOP 10 team they way 4 of them went down last week. I feel this could be another upset scenario. Good Luck everyone!

2% SPREAD ($500) - KANSAS STATE +7 (-110)

--
    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 10-04-2008, 02:26 PM.
    "Half of life is luck... the other half is discipline..."

GL Biff!!!

Comment

WTF HAPPENED TO KSTATE? I was high on them as well... TTech is for real I guess.

:bang:

Comment

Next up, I'm sticking to my reads on home dogs against TOP 10 teams. I don't like the Horns laying double digits in front of the Red River shootout. I'm looking at Missouri tonight however, going against one home dog.

2% SPREAD ($500) - COLORADO +12 (-110)
        Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 10-04-2008, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$hMony View Post
          WTF HAPPENED TO KSTATE? I was high on them as well... TTech is for real I guess.

:bang:

Their defense was on the field way too much in the 1st half. Made mounting a comeback nearly impossible. That and all the missed opportunities was a shot in the foot. But bottom line is yes, Graham Harrell had his way with this secondary. I must be crazy going against another top QB in Colt, but I'm strongly thinking about backing Daniel tonight against the Huskers.

Comment

I'm not on Colorado - don't think they can hang with Colt and the Longhorns... Like Corso said - FSU put 39 on them - TEXAS should but 59..... May the best pick win!!!

I do like Mizzou - looking for some 'expert' opinions to push me over the edge. I saw NEB last week on ESPN look stupid against VT and VT let NEB put up 13 in the 4th.. Think CHASE is the real deal and Macklin is a top performer.. Is a 10pt win possible with Mizzou on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
              Hope everyone had a good week and is excited for some football this weekend!

I know this is off topic, but I'd like to get some feedback from you guys if that's possible. I feel I will soon be reaping the pain of not getting a TOP 10 running back in my fantasy league. Anyone here like the trade of R. Wayne for B. Jacobs? I tried to demand Portis... but he seems weary of letting him go.

I also have S. Smith, Ocho Cinco, Plaxico, I. Bruce, and M. Harrison at WR. As for RB I only have T. Jones, E. Graham, R. Bush, and D. McFadden. So you can see I'm stuck w/o a solid RB. On paper I know it looks bad, but anyone think this is a good trade?

NOW ON TO COLLEGE PICKS! 1st up, I'm taking the Wildcats at home in their BIG 12 opener. Should be a ton of intensity starting off against at TOP 10 team they way 4 of them went down last week. I feel this could be another upset scenario. Good Luck everyone!

2% SPREAD ($500) - KANSAS STATE +7 (-110)

--
              I wouldn't trade RWayne for Jacobs.. Graham is solid, Bush is good, and McFadden will get his.. You should trade Smith IMO.. He's only as good as Delhomme and once he gets hurt(which he always does) Smith is no more than a #2 at best... See if you can get him for RB.. But don't trade Wayne (top performer on Colts) for Jacobs. With Amad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward getting action - Jacobs isn't a star in my book.. Portis would be nice to get if you can get him for a Smith/Harrison deal. Harrison is over rated.. GL

Comment

Definetly on MIZOU tonite Biff! May add a little 1st Half -6 as well

Lets get er done!:beerbang:
                Ya gotta look out for #1 or your gonna step in #2
                -Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Originally posted by Biff_Tannen View Post
                  I know this is off topic, but I'd like to get some feedback from you guys if that's possible. I feel I will soon be reaping the pain of not getting a TOP 10 running back in my fantasy league. Anyone here like the trade of R. Wayne for B. Jacobs?
                  I say do it! You have solid wrs, & as the weather gets rougher, Jacobs will be getting more & more touches. Not to mention IMO the Colts will be playing a ton of ball control to keep their D off the field....
                  Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Another questionable start, Buffs 0 for 3 on FGs... looks like it's going to be a rough day. If I drop my last bet tonight as well and get blanked I'll probably lower my bets to 1% in NCAA until I can start making better decisions... or get a LITTLE bit o' luck. College football has been too much of a roller coaster. :nuts:

2% SPREAD ($500) - MISSOURI -9 (-110)

I got a great line on this game, I'm seeing -10 and -11 at most places, but I got this from my Tahoe book a couple hours ago and I've got to let it ride. I am very concerned however that the games I passed on today ended up 3-1 and the ones I've put action are on pace for 0-2. Just stuck in a rut taking home teams that aren't rising to the occasion. Seeing as I'm going against that methodology tonight, if I were playing momentum Nebraska is probably a safe bet. But it never pays to second guess yourself, so I'm sticking with Daniel to get it done.
                    Last edited by Biff_Tannen; 10-04-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

ON MIZZOU as well - should be a good game and I expect to see a cover!!

How about Vandy over Auburn... :beerbang:

Comment

Well a day for the ranks to prevail. I don't feel too bad going 1-2 as I hear Brandon Lang had a clean 3-0 sweep. I figure I'll do bad any day he does that. If I cared enough I bet you'd see some relation between mine streaks and his. Being everything he's not has been a huge motivator for me. For now, I'm excited it's Sunday, a much more comfortable day.

---

Comment

Working...
                        X