Regular Plays (3-4)(-1.40 units)

Overall (5-6)(-1.90 units)

FOR THE SEASON
    Best Bets (5-5)(-1.50 units)
    Strong Plays (9-4)(+9.20 units)
    Regular Plays (20-16)(+2.40 units)

Overall (34-25)(+10.10 units)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK SEVEN

Week six was the first losing week I had in college football this year. I feel like I had a terrible week, but I only dropped 1.90 units. I think the reason I was so disappointed was that I won a best bet and a strong play on Thursday and had the potential for a great weekend and then I just sucked on Saturday. Still having a pretty good season, just have to hope I can keep it up. If I have to have losing weeks, last week is the kind to have. Lets try it again.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7TH

Troy -3.5 vs Florida Atlantic (regular play)…………….Not real excited about this pick, but I cannot pass up these weeknight games as you all know. Most of the time they are just a regular one unit play like this. It is so tempting to take the home dog between these two, but something tells me Troy is going to win this game. It will be a struggle, but I think they are just the better team and I see them winning this one by a touchdown.

Back later tonight or Wednesday with my Thursday night picks.

Posting a couple of Saturday games early. Wanted to get these lines while I could.

Oklahoma St +14 vs. Missouri (best bet)…………………I wanted to get this one posted and in early while the line is still at 14. I wanted to jump on it right away when I saw it at 14, then yesterday it was 13.5 everywhere, so when I checked today and it was back to 14, I did not want to risk it. This will be a high scoring game. All I keep reading about is how powerful Missouri’s offense is, they are getting a lot of press right now. All the pressure is going to be on Missouri to live up to those expectations. I don’t think there is any doubt that Missouri is the better team especially at home, but giving 14 to an offense like Oklahoma St is just too many. I think these two have a history of playing close games also if I remember reading it correctly. Missouri is also one of those teams that throws in an unexpected clunker. My gut tells me their offense will not score 50 like everybody is saying. I am not calling for an upset, although it would not completely shock me, so lets call it Missouri 35 Oklahoma St 27.

Minnesota +12 vs Illinois (best bet)……………Here is another game that I wanted to get in early for fear of the line dropping. I know Minnesota is not the same team on the road as they are at home and I realize there is a chance the Illini could blow out the Gophers, but I don’t see it happening. I know these Minnesota teams have always folder in the past, but something seems different about this team, sort of like with Vanderbilt. Illinois is another one of those teams that loses games when you least expect it. I think on a neutral field these two teams are equal and I don’t think Minny’s home field is worth double digits. I cannot see Illinois winning this by more than ten points. Lets make it Illinois 27 Minnesota 20.

Comment

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9th

Taking a pass on both Thursday night games. Put a gun to my head and I would take Wake Forest, but I am not playing it.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10th

Memphis +6.5 vs Louisville (regular play)…………………..Another one of those one unit regular plays on a weeknight. Not in love with it, but just something to help pass the time until the weekend gets here. Something just not right about Louisville this year, can’t put my finger on it, but I am not laying nearly a touchdown on the road with this team. This is more of a play against Louisville than it is a play on Memphis.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11th

W Michigan -1.5 vs Buffalo (strong play)…………I have been playing W Michigan alot this year for some reason and they have been winning for me. I know this is not the Buffalo team of old that really sucked, but I just feel W Michigan is the better team here, even at Buffalo. Buffalo will put some points on the board in this one, but I don’t think they can stop WMU and they will be outscored. Line only 1.5 and I think it should be at least four. Just my opinion. I like it and will take it as a strong for me this week.

Notre Dame +7.5 vs N Carolina (strong play)……………..I need to have my head examined taking Notre Dame. How can you trust this team and they always seem to let me down, but I think they are the right side in this one. Carolina finally ranked and getting some attention. They are that much improved and deserve to be where they are at, but I cannot take them in a role of a favorite just yet. I liked the Irish at 7, but when it went to 7.5 I bumped it up to a strong play. For some reason I can see Carolina losing outright or winning be exactly seven points. It just scares me to death to take Notre Dame after how bad they have been the past few years. Sometimes the best plays are the ones that scare you the most.

The rest of these are games I like but just for one unit each.

Vanderbilt -2.5 vs Miss State (regular play)…………….Many good cappers are on Miss State this week, but I am not ready to go against Vandy yet. They feel like a team that is meant to win this season. Only one unit for me and I am just hoping that Vandy magic continues another week.

Rutgers +7.5 vs Cincinnati (regular play)……………I just don’t think Rutgers is a bad as they are playing. I could easily be wrong on this one. I think Rutgers puts it all together finally and wins the game or they will get blown out again. Going with my gut on this one….no other reason to take Rutgers here. My gut feelings have been pretty good so far this season. Just one unit though.

Wisconsin +6 vs Penn State (regular play)…………………Hard to go against Penn State the way they have played, but the key here is Penn State is not at home. Wisky might be a little down from previous years, but they are still tough to beat at home and they lost last week at home, so I have to try them this week. They will give Penn State a battle right to the end. I am actually looking for an outright win here, but I am not going to get greedy and play the moneyline, I will be perfectly happy with a cover.

LSU +6 vs Florida (regular play)………….How do you not bet a game like this, so I will throw a unit on it. Many good cappers have Florida as a high rated play for them this week. I almost took Florida when the line was much lower in the week, but now that it is up to six, I am grabbing the points. A team as talented as LSU and six points cannot be too bad of a choice can it?

Oklahoma -7 vs Texas (regular play)…………Was not going to play this one, but like the Florida/LSU game I had to put something on it. My reason for taking the Sooners is that usually when you have two teams this highly ranked and the line is this high, the favorite usually covers. I think Oklahoma is the better team and there is a chance they blow Texas out in this one. Again, just a one unit play for me.

There are a couple more I like a little, but I think I have enough action already to get me through until Sunday’s NFL card.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

GL, MM
        Don't worry about the Irish. Weis has recruited well. The talent is all in the frosh & soph classes which have scored 17 of their 18 TDs this year. Because they are young, the mistakes will come and this is a big road test at Chapel Hill-- but down the line and beyond, they will be back!
        P.S. Rutgers has been overrated for awhile. This year's team is not the same without Ray Rice & QB Teel has twice as many INTs and TDs and he's a fifth year senior. This is only their second road game and they have 1 win vs Morgan St. They are a risky choice the rest of the year.

Comment

GL, MM
          Don't worry about the Irish. Weis has recruited well. The talent is all in the frosh & soph classes which have scored 17 of their 18 TDs this year. Because they are young, the mistakes will come and this is a big road test at Chapel Hill-- but down the line and beyond, they will be back!
          P.S. Rutgers has been overrated for awhile. This year's team is not the same without Ray Rice & QB Teel has twice as many INTs and TDs and he's a fifth year senior. This is only their second road game and they have 1 win vs Morgan St. They are a risky choice the rest of the year.:puke:

Comment

Working...
          X