NCAA Week 8 already Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its gonna come down to ponder for fsu

if he plays well, they will win big .. RUNNING GAME FOR THE NOLES has been dynomite lately.. they ran for 283 last week against miami ... 249 against Colorado

Ponder is a good running qb
    Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
    (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
    (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
    (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
    (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

gonna fade u this week...thanks
      Violence Rules The Day

Comment

i'm done tring to fade the Spartans. I pinpointed last week's game as the one they would lose, but despit allowing 1,000 yards they still won. OSU is definitely not the same team they were. My biggest play of the season was them on the ml vs Wisky, and honestly I feel lucky to have won that. IMO pts or nothing, though I will likely lay off altogether. plnty other games to choose from :sm:
        Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Two questions

Arizona +2.5
          Alot of people seem to be digging Ariz, but the line movement seems weird. First it opens at +1 then moves immediately to a pickem, now back up to +2.5. Any thoughts? Is this more of a pro-Ariz play or anti-Cal play?

TCU +1
          Is this a sucker line for BYU money???

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
            hodown- i hear you sort of on MSU. But OSU managed 2 FG's at home vs. a Purdue team that ranks dead last in the Big10 in YPC at 4.7 and dead last in total yards allowed at 400+. Not sure how much you've been actually watching OSU but Tressel has Pryor playing scared and their O-line is awful. Purdue was in their backfield all day long Saturday. Plus, MSU has been a thorn in the side of the buckeyes for years. And if you expect a low scoring game, then i don't see how you can lay points, especially anything over a FG. I hear you on the ATS road favorite angle, but keep in mind, most of those were with Troy Smith and a potent OSU offense. This team has been a road favorite exactly one time and barely came away with a win vs. what i now feel is a below average Wisconsin team. OSU has been shooting themselves in the foot game after game after game. They fumbled 2x on the final drive vs. WIS and were lucky to recover both of them. I will probably stay away from the game because i don't necessarily want MSU either and they were wildly outgained by Northworstern on Saturday.

But Tressel is almost as conservative as ive ever seen him and it's ruining the OSU offense. Not to mention the play calling is terrible. And OSU's front 7 have not been good against the run.

I do agree the Under is probably the best play here, especially if you can get something in the 40's.

I just can't lay 3 points based on what i've seen from OSU this year. When you can't move the ball at home vs. Ohio, Troy or Purdue (who is dead last in the big10 in D), how can one justify laying 3+ on the road is my contention. And you can't make a play based on "best case scenario". If you've seen X out of a team for 7 games, why is game 8 going to be any different, especially when you've seen nothing that would lead you to believe they are getting any better on offense. Plus to lay 3 points you have to feel that OSU wins by a TD or more or there is no use playing it. And i don't see how you can have a feeling that way based on this season's results. Plus MSU is a better team than Wisconsin. People are crapping on MSU because they think it's the same old MSU but it's not. They have a very good coach now in an ex Cincinnati Bearcats coach and ex-coordinator at OSU under Tressel in Dantonio, who put UC back on the map. Different mindset at MSU now.

I honestly think MSU has a very good chance to win SU. My feeling is that Sweater Vest will probably ESCAPE with a 3 point win. 20-17 buckeyes. But just like the game at Wisconsin that i sat through in person, he will keep the Spartans in the game with conservative don't make mistakes play calling. You can't do that with a guy like Pryor.

I know stats are stats but Purdue's defense is not as bad as their stats. Their schedule has been loaded with teams with decent offenses including Central Mich, Notre Dame (yes, the offense this year is not bad), Oregon, Penn State and last week Ohio State. Purdue's offense has not been helping the d, either. PU is ranked near the bottom of FBS with a time of possession of 27.5 mins per game. I like Ohio State this week (as well as Purdue vs. NW).
            Go Boilers!
            thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
            NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
            NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
            NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
            NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
            NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
            NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79
            NHL '22-23 153-149-3 -21.97

NBA ’20-21 241-223-7 +11.97
            NBA ’21-22 282-266-6 -1.93
            NBA '22-23 225-246-9 -94.88

Comment

If wilson is healthy, i will be on the wolfpack. sup WW !
              Defense is the best Offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin tha Life View Post
                If wilson is healthy, i will be on the wolfpack. sup WW !
                sup livin

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

alot of points

Syracuse got 20 some last week
                  they get 24 this week at SF

LOT OF POINTS

Cuse has a running back who has rushed for 3 straight 100 yd games , including 144 last week as they hung tough with WVU

they held WVU in check

I think they can hold SFLORIDA in check and i think they can score a couple td's with Dantley THE QB... He's a good runner

Syracuse +24

lean towards THE CUSE for WONK .. They came through for me last week... May give them another chance with all those points again

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                  (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                  (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                  (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

BYU/TCU

Leaning towards TCU & the over here. As long as qb Dalton plays. IMO the total is lower than it should be based on recent low scoring games by both teams. TCU put up just 13 last week, but that was on the road in a bad matchup/situation. TCU will put up points at home.

TCU is the best defense BYU will have faced, but they do have a weakness & that is the secondary, particularly in the middle of the field. CSU's te ripped them last week, & BYU has a great te in Ritta (40 catches 542 yds this season). WR Collie should also get some passes thrown his way, I don't see BYU being held under 24 points. Though I think BYU will score, I don't see them stopping TCU either. I mean congrats to beating up on cellar dwellars all season (NM, Utah st, Wyo, Wash.) but this is not an easy place to play if you're a top 25 team. BYU Nearly lost @ Washington 28-27. The only other road game they played was Utah st. IMO TCU will be able to move the ball through the air as well. Still deciding how I'll play this, but I see a tightly played game here.

Purdue/NW over- Both teams should be able to move the ball well. NW ripped Mich St yardage wise, but were unable to get the ball in the endzone. NW has allowed just 16.5 ppg, but that number is misleading. MSU was the first good offense they played & they allowed 37 points. Perception is that Purdue's offense is bad, especially after putting up 9 points in the last 2 games. However, that was against 2 solid defenses in OSU & PSU. Painter's starting spot may be on the line here, I think he responds well vs an overrated D. Line opened @42 & has shot up to 47. Doesn't really worry me but would start to once it went over 48. IMo it's a 28-24 type game anyway....

Comment

Okay, someone give me a reason not to play the BYU/TCU over. 43.5/ 1sth 22.5 available. TCU a -1.5 fave pretty much everywhere but betus (still+1.5). Played them in a parlay, I think I'm going to wait till halftime & see what happens on the side... BYU defense overrated, I can't see either team being held u21 pts here.

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                        Okay, someone give me a reason not to play the BYU/TCU over. 43.5/ 1sth 22.5 available. TCU a -1.5 fave pretty much everywhere but betus (still+1.5). Played them in a parlay, I think I'm going to wait till halftime & see what happens on the side... BYU defense overrated, I can't see either team being held u21 pts here.
                        My opinion....low scoring game barring defensive TDs. BYU offense AND defense is overrated, IMO. I would lean under.
                        Go Boilers!
                        thru 2/3

NCAAF ’20 215-187-5 +75.19
                        NCAAF ’21 200-169-7 +37.80
                        NCAAF '22 239-216-14 +24.41

NFL ’20 128-110-8 +50.21
                        NFL ’21 94-102-3 -15.37
                        NFL '22 186-165-9 +54.63

NCAAB ’21-22 908-771-42 +196.07
                        NCAAB '22-23 510-488-9 -43.13

NHL '20-21 171-154-2 +42.97
                        NHL ’21-22 223-241-5 -65.79