Regular Plays (2-5)(-3-50 units)

Overall (6-5)(+6-50 units)

FOR THE SEASON
    Best Bets (7-5)(+4.50 units)
    Strong Plays (11-4)(+13.20 units)
    Regular Plays (22-21)(-1.10 units)

Overall (40-30)(+16.60 units)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK EIGHT

Only 6-5 last week, but all five losses were regular one unit plays and I went 4-0 between best bets and strong plays and that would be the reason I picked up 6 ½ units with only a 6-5 record. I am very please with the results. All that it tells me is maybe I am playing too many games, but I cannot help throw a unit on those games I like just a little bit. Very nice season so far, just have to hope my good luck continues. Lets see if it does.

It is very unusual that I post plays on a Tuesday for Saturday, but I found a couple of games and I want to lock in the lines now as I feel they will go against me.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16TH

Back later with Thursday’s plays if I like anybody.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17TH

Back later with Friday’s plays if I like anybody.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18TH

Mississippi +13 ½ vs Alabama (Best Bet)..........................I know Bama is definitely the better team here, but Ole Miss is much better than their 3-3 record and if I remember they seem to play Bama pretty tough the past few years. Also being ranked in the top three has not been a good thing for teams recently. I don’t expect an Ole Miss win, but I know they can stay within two touchdowns. Ole Miss will have to bring their A-game to stay in this one and I think they will. Bama wins something like 28-20.

Vanderbilt +14.5 vs Georgia (Best Bet)....................Well Vandy finally lost last week and I think the lines makers are thinking Vandy’s great run is over and they will go back to the Vandy of old. I don’t think so. Georgia has been known to play to the level of their competition and that might be the case in this one. This is still the same, solid Vandy team that we saw before the loss at Mississippi State and getting more than two td’s is way too many.

GL this week M&M! :thumbs:
    Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Posting everything again so it is in one thread.

LAST WEEK
      Best Bets (2-0)(+6.00 units)
      Strong Plays (2-0)(+4.00 units)
      Regular Plays (2-5)(-3-50 units)

Overall (6-5)(+6-50 units)

FOR THE SEASON
      Best Bets (7-5)(+4.50 units)
      Strong Plays (11-4)(+13.20 units)
      Regular Plays (22-21)(-1.10 units)

Overall (40-30)(+16.60 units)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK EIGHT

Only 6-5 last week, but all five losses were regular one unit plays and I went 4-0 between best bets and strong plays and that would be the reason I picked up 6 ½ units with only a 6-5 record. I am very please with the results. All that it tells me is maybe I am playing too many games, but I cannot help throw a unit on those games I like just a little bit. Very nice season so far, just have to hope my good luck continues. Lets see if it does.

It is very unusual that I post plays on a Tuesday for Saturday, but I found a couple of games and I want to lock in the lines now as I feel they will go against me.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 16TH

NC State +11.5 vs Florida St (regular play)……………Back again with my forced weekday football plays…just cannot pass these up. Florida State is starting to bring their program back after a few years of being average. NC State was supposed to be horrible, but they have managed two wins so far. NC State has been known for causing FSU headaches in the past, especially at home and these Thursday night home dogs seem to be very well. For me it is NC State or nothing at all, so I will try them for just one unit.

BYU +1.5 vs TCU (regular play)………………Wow! BYU went from a 2.5 point favorite to a 1.5 point dog. TCU could very well win this game, but from what I have read, there are a lot of people who think TCU will knock BYU out of the running and hopes for a shot to win it all. Even if BYU runs the table, they may not and probably will not win it all, but I like to root for teams like this, even if I am dreaming. Anyway, I love the fact the line moved this much, so I am taking BYU and their offense plus the points. If TCU would have stayed the home dog, maybe I might have taken them. BYU will find a way to score enough against that TCU defense to win this game.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17TH

Hawaii +24.5 vs Boise St (regular play)………….This is definitely a forced play, but I don’t care, I want a little Friday night action to get me through until Sunday. Boise is one of the hardest places to play and I know Hawaii is not where near the same team, especially on offense as we are used to seeing. The line already accounts for all of that. With Hawaii it is the system as much as it is the QB which makes their offense go, and I just have to take a team who has potential to put points of the board getting this many points. How can Boise even be up for a game where they are laying over three touchdown. I say Hawaii sneaks under the number in this one.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18TH

Mississippi +13 ½ vs Alabama (Best Bet)..........................I know Bama is definitely the better team here, but Ole Miss is much better than their 3-3 record and if I remember they seem to play Bama pretty tough the past few years. Also being ranked in the top three has not been a good thing for teams recently. I don’t expect an Ole Miss win, but I know they can stay within two touchdowns. Ole Miss will have to bring their A-game to stay in this one and I think they will. Bama wins something like 28-20.

Vanderbilt +14.5 vs Georgia (Best Bet)....................Well Vandy finally lost last week and I think the lines makers are thinking Vandy’s great run is over and they will go back to the Vandy of old. I don’t think so. Georgia has been known to play to the level of their competition and that might be the case in this one. This is still the same, solid Vandy team that we saw before the loss at Mississippi State and getting more than two td’s is way too many.

Memphis +8 vs E Carolina (strong play)……………..How is this the same E Carolina team that started out 2-0? They have just been horrible since then. If E Carolina is going to turn it around, it will be at home like this week. At this point I feel they would be happy to win this game by one point, as long as they get a win under their belts. Memphis has the offense to stay in this game and maybe even win it. I love Memphis getting more than a touchdown against a team that just seems to have everything go wrong after such a promising start. I almost made this a best bet. The more I think about it I feel Memphis has a very realistic chance of winning this game outright, but greed kills and I am not playing the moneyline. If I am wrong about this game, it won’t be close and E Carolina will put it all together and kill them. So many times when I am wrong about a game, I am really wrong about a game.

Navy +3.5 vs Dave Wannstedt (strong play)……………Pitt is rolling now. They have cracked the top 25 and looking at the schedule with the talent they have, they could run the table and win the Big East and get a BCS bid. What a great season!! OOPS….coach Dave will not let that happen and Navy will win outright this week. The only time to take Pitt is when they are a big dog and nobody gives them a chance to win. I am sure with the week off last week, coach Dave will come up with new ways to get the least out of his players. I would not be shocked if Pitt is winning at the half, but let us not forget that he is the worst second half coach in the history of college football. Yes I am a bitter Pitt fan, but can you blame me. I am not falling for getting my hopes up for the 50th time only to suffer a big letdown. I have learned to pick my spots and make money off of Dave’s stupidity. He is a great recruiter though. I would love to know what he says to get these talented players to come to Pitt. I am done rambling..sorry. Navy 35-30.

Iowa -3.5 vs Wisconsin (strong play)…………..I am playing a third strong play this week. I have had it with Wisconsin. I thought they would beat Penn State at home last week. Now is Penn State that good, or is Wisconsin that over-rated? Probably somewhere in between. Wisconsin has always been unbeatable at home, so for them to lose like they have been at home, you know something is not right with this team this year. Iowa not world beaters either, but at home this year they are definitely the better team. I would play this one up to 6 points. I think Iowa wins surprisingly easily in this game.

The rest of these are (regular plays) just for one unit with much shorter write-ups.

Northwestern -3.5 vs Purdue (regular play)………Much like Wisconsin, something is not right with Purdue this year while Northwestern appears to be for real.

Michigan +23 vs Penn State (regular play)………….Penn State should destroy Michigan, but Michigan has owned them and will find a way to cover 23 points. This is Penn State’s chance to kick them while they are down after losing nine straight to them, but I don’t think Paterno will do that.

Kansas +20.5 vs Oklahoma (regular play)………..Sooners could be angry and come out and kill Kansas, but I think they might be a little down after last week. Hard to pass up a 5-1 team getting nearly three touchdowns.

Connecticut -1 vs Rutgers (regular play)………….5-1 vs 1-5 and only laying a point. I have seen many good cappers one Rutgers this week and they are probably right, but I will fall for the suckers bet of the week. Just a unit though.

Toledo +8.5 vs N Illinois (regular play)………Probably sucker bet of the week number two. I know Michigan is down, but to go there and win you would have to have a ton of confidence heading at N Illinois, plus I am getting over a TD here. I guess there is a chance of a letdown and they get killed, but I like my chances.

Ok, I played way too many games, but many of them are just one unit plays which I still like, but don’t get upset if I lose. I seem to hold my own on these games going 22-21 on them and it makes the weekend more interesting.
      Other games I liked but will lay off, so you know they will probably win are……

W Michigan -1 vs C Michigan

Texas -5 vs Missouri

Baylor +17 vs Oklahoma St.

Good Luck Everybody!! Time to start working on my NFL plays for the week.

Comment

Working...
      X