Regular Plays (4-4)(-0.40 units)

Overall (7-6)(+3.20 units)

FOR THE SEASON
    Best Bets (9-5)(+10.50 units)
    Strong Plays (12-6)(+10.80 units)
    Regular Plays (26-25)(-1.50 units)

Overall (47-36)(+19.80 units)

COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK NINE

Only 7-6 in week eight, but I managed to pick up over three units thanks to winning both best bets with Mississippi and Vanderbilt. Did not do real well with the strong plays going 1-2 and split my eight regular plays. Still very pleased. A winning week is a winning week and I am now plus almost twenty units. On to week number nine.

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST

Temple -3 vs Ohio (regular play)…………….Yes this is a forced play, but it is Tuesday night and my Phillies don’t play until Wednesday night and I need something to hold me over. Most of my weeknight games are forced plays and I seem to do ok with them. I think this is a pretty evenly matched game. I really do think home field makes the difference in this one. I like the fact that the line has dropped down to three as well. So I think I will throw a unit on it. I see a fairly low scoring game tonight with Temple winning by 4-7 points. It won’t be easy or pretty, but I think they get it done at home.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23RD

Back sometime before Thursday night if I like anybody in the two games being played. Right now I don’t.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24TH

Boise St/San Jose St…………I will post this one as well when I post my plays for the Thursday games.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25TH

I will have all my picks for the entire weekend posted by Thursday night.

Nice season you got going Mark, good luck this weekend.

Comment

Thanks Jerbeek. It does feel good when you win, that is for sure. I have certainly "paid my dues" when it come to gambling and I feel I have got much better in the last few years.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23RD

W Virginia -3 vs Auburn (regular play)…………………Not in love with this by any means at all, but will play it anyway. Both teams have been a major disappointment this year. I thought WVU with their schedule and talent had a shot to run the table this year, guess I was wrong. The whole Big East sucks as a conference. A mid-level SEC team is probably better than a top Big East team. Most of the time I would jump on Auburn plus the points, but I have a feeling WVU brings their A-game in this one and wins a hard fought close, low scoring game. I think this will be very similar to what we saw on Tuesday with Temple beating Ohio. Hope the results are the same seeing how I had Temple and got lucky in the fourth quarter.

Air Force -5 vs New Mexico (regular play)………….Another one of my forced weeknight games again. I am a little shocked that this line is not slightly higher than what it is. I thought 6-7 would be more like it. New Mexico certainly capable of going into the Air Force and winning this game, but I really feel home field is the difference in this one. My gut tells me Air Force wins by 7-10 points.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 24TH

San Jose St +7 vs Boise St (regular play)………………Out of my four games that I played on these weeknight games, this one is by far the most forced of them all. I am simply playing SJ because they are the home dog and that is the only reason. Boise could probably name the score if their heads are on straight in this one. Whenever Boise loses, it is always on the road and very rarely at home. This is one the road, so there is a chance, so I will try it and take the seven and hope for the best.

Probably be back sometime Thursday morning with the rest of my plays for the whole weekend.

Comment

I was going to wait and post these until Thursday morning, but wanted to lock in some of these lines, plus I am killing some time waiting for my Phillies to win game one of the world series.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25TH

LSU -1½ vs Georgia (best bet)……………..Some of my best bets are the ones that scare me the most. Well if that is the case, then this is really solid bet. Georgia at the start of the season was supposed to win it all. They are a great team, but for some reason I am not all that impressed with them so far, even with their 5-1 start. LSU is at home and that is a place where they do not lose very often. I think this year Georgia might even be the better team, but LSU is going to find a way to win this game. I think Georgia is slightly over rated and LSU might be a little under rated right now. I don’t know why I feel so good about this pick. LSU which does not lose at home often, has not been all that impressive this year. They only beat Miss St by 10, and whipped two nobodies this year, that is not very impressive. There is a reason why LSU is favored in this game…they are going to win. Strong, strong gut feeling in this game. Scares me to death, but it will be a winner.

Rutgers +9½ vs Pittsburgh (best bet)…………….This is “scares me to death” game two. Pitt is rolling all of a sudden, ranked number 17 and playing a Rutgers team that is nowhere as good as in the past few seasons and they should destroy this team at home, but for some reason I don’t think it will happen. Last week I played my “anti-Dave pick. I mentioned how just when coach Dave gets you believing in him and the team, they screw up. Last week they looked good and won at Navy. Now Pitt comes home, where there is more pressure to win and I think Pitt does not play its best game. Pitt usually plays to the level of competition and I think they will play down to Rutgers level this week. Even though Rutgers QB and offense has struggled on offense this year, their defense is capable of keeping them in games. I just don’t see Pitt running away with this game. I will be shocked if Pitt plays up to their potential back to back weeks. I even think there is a chance Rutgers wins this game outright. You might all call me crazy, but how often have we seen this from Pitt in the past? Lets make it Pitt winning 20-17.

Arizona +17 vs USC (strong play)…………………All of my plays seem really crazy and scary so far this week. It is always hard to go against USC. They can destroy just about anybody they play. Nobody is going to beat this team at home, but on the road, against a decent team, it is possible that they can play a close game. Remember at Oregon St? Arizona has a pretty decent team this year, and at home they are more than capable of battling USC right into the fourth quarter. This line opened at 15 and is now up to 17, so people are on USC. I was going to hold out and hope for 17½ , but I did not want to risk it falling below 17. I just smell a much closer game than anticipated here. Nice, big home doggie in this one gets the cash.

Oklahoma St +12½ vs Texas (strong play)……………..I must really be insane this week. Here I am going against another great team this week. I will admit that I am due for a really bad week and maybe this is it. I get the feeling I am going to either be an idiot or a genius this week. Being the number one team in the country puts a lot of pressure on a team to keep winning. Texas QB McCoy is getting a ton of press and is the leading candidate to win the Heisman. He is way overdue for a not so great game. Okie State has a pretty good QB of their own and will put up their share of points. They might not match Texas point for point, but they don’t to since they are getting 12½ points. Sure Texas could blow them out, but I don’t think they will. I see yet another shootout with Texas winning something like 41-31. My four strongest plays this week scare me to death. I almost wish I did not make them, but it is too late for that.

The rest of these are one unit (regular plays)…….short write-ups.

Minnesota +1 vs Purdue (regular play)………….Minny much improved this year, while Purdue and QB Painter is just not right this year.

UCLA +17 vs California (regular play)………..This match-up always has the potential to be close. Cal is better, but does not always show it.

Penn St -2½ vs Ohio State (regular play)……………How can I not play this game? Just feel like this is a special year for Penn State and Joe Paterno. I actually hate Penn State but I just feel this is their year.

C Michigan -3½ vs Toledo………….C Michigan has been looking good while Toledo has been getting smoked in conference games.

M Tenn St +10 vs Miss State (regular play)…………This line just feels fishy to me being at Miss State, something is up here.

Rice +2 vs Tulane (regular play)………………Even though at Tulane who is improved, the wrong team is favored here. Rice by at least a TD.

That is it. Went a little crazy this week. Keep in mind that all but four games are just small one unit regular play.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Nice hit last night Mark! Best of luck on all your plays!!!

I'm liking Minnesota, OK St., this week too!
          NFL 17: 45-47-2 // 48.91% // -10.12
          MMA: 247-332-2 // 42.66% // -6.04
          MLB 17: 151-140-8 // 51.89% // +5.65 ROR // +42.13
          NCAAF 17: 63-49-2 // 56.25% // +6.80
          Updated on 01/13/18
          ---
          One of my 2018 resolutions: no more action gambling.

Comment

Working...
          X