OK...Somebody Explain This To Me.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...Somebody Explain This To Me.....

Assuming they win out, make an argument as to why UT shouldn't be in the National Championship game....I've thought about this over and over again....if UT beat this OU team on a neutral field by 10 points, isn't this ass whipping a testament to UT just as much as OU?

How do you justify taking OU over UT for the National Championship assuming they win out?

If UT and OU win out, one of them is getting screwed IMHO.

Discuss.....
    "You come at the King, you best not miss." Omar

Here's why Oklahoma without a doubt, belongs in the BCS title game ahead of Texas if they win out...

SOS, common opposition, and out of conference schedule

Texas played NO ONE outside of the Big 12. Oklahoma has beaten quality ranked teams Cincinnati and TCU, while Texas was busy running up the score against the likes of UTEP, Rice and Florida Atlantic. These 2 out of conference wins will without a doubt give Oklahoma the higher SOS. Advantage Oklahoma

In conference, both WILL HAVE (assuming Oklahoma wins out) beaten Oklahoma St, Missouri and Kansas (KU is a bit of a stretch this year, as they kinda suck). Texas beat Mizzou and Oklahoma St at home, though. OU will have to do it on the road/neutral field. Advantage Oklahoma

Oklahoma CRUSHED #2 Texas Tech, and in doing so, imo made a statement that they are the best of the 3 teams, since TTU already beat UT, and while UT beat OU, it wasn't a convincing beatdown like OU put on TTU last night....completely shutting down that high flying offense of TTU (probably could have held them to 7 if need be), while smashing the ball right down their throats at will with the running game. So while it seemed prior to last night that all 3 teams were about on par with each other, Oklahoma stated otherwise last night. Advantage Oklahoma

Texas beat Oklahoma Advantage Texas

But then again, Ole Miss beat Florida. Does this elevate Ole Miss into the title game ahead of Florida IF Florida is able to beat Alabama and win the SEC? ABSOLUTELY NOT

This all assumes a competitive game between Okla St and OU next week, with OU winning. If OU dominates Okla St on their own field, it just adds more fuel to the obvious, with Texas having just a 4 pt win over Okla St @ home, and Oklahoma a convincing one @ Okla St.

Of course Oklahoma could lose to Okla St, or Texas tech could lose to Baylor and then none of this will matter, lol
    Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 11-23-2008, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Sagarin ratings

Comment

Exactly like I said, Oklahoma soundly beating Oklahoma St on the ROAD, where as Texas barely squeaked by them at home, combined with the quality non conference schedule of Oklahoma next to the trash that Texas played out of conference, has vaulted Oklahoma past Texas in the BCS standings (and rightly so), and put them in the Big 12 championship game.

If they are able to handle Mizzou, which I see no reason why they shouldn't, then they are the clear cut winner of the Big 12 conference.

I understand the whining from Texas and their fans, although I don't feel it's even 1% justified. Here's one thing to consider.....NOT ONE of these 3 teams (OU, UT & TT) "took care of their business on the field". Otherwise the FIFTH tiebreaker wouldn't have come into play. Instead of the 2 who didn't make it feeling screwed, the one who DID should feel FORTUNATE that they still get to play in the conf championship (and probably national championship), despite LOSING to a team they are claiming they should be put in a championship game AHEAD OF.

Maybe the University of Texas (and alot of other schools too) should consider playing a few even half decent non conference games, and then none of this would be an issue.

Second issue....the MORON pollsters who had OU #2 and TEX #3, and now all of a sudden decided to flip their votes to try and get TEX to #2 in the BCS. CORRUPT. You can't possibly tell me that beating up on big 12 doormat Texas A&M was more impressive than beating Okla St by 20 on the road, so what is the justification for swapping the two? It just goes to show that these so called writers and analysts are complete morons and utter jackasses.

My opinion....it didn't matter who got in from the Big 12, cause Florida is going to beat whoever is put in front of them, starting with Alabama, and then whoever they face in the BCS title game, now presumably Oklahoma. Why? Because the Big 12 teams play no real defense. Florida will score at will, and will actually be able to get stops.

You want a real title game? Put Florida against USC or Penn St, 2 more 1 loss teams who IMO have the exact same gripe as Texas, having taken one defeat, on the road (plus add to it that they both WON their conference....well unless USC loses to UCLA). Clearly Penn St and USC are better than any team in the big 12, and at least those 2 teams play defense to go along with their offense, and might give Florida a run for their money. But no, it all comes down to the same old tired situation....everyone loves offense, so all these Big 12 teams are ranked so high, therefore compiling a higher SOS when beating each other and the other over-ranked teams in their conference.....and we get to sit thru another BCS blowout :puke:
        Last edited by Stifler's Mom; 12-01-2008, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Florida laying 10 points to Bama....wow...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post

Get that while you can. Alabama may be the most overrated team since the pre-season rankings of Georgia.

Comment

Yeah...maybe so, don't know much about it....I'm just surprised to see a #1 team getting DD so late in the year, especially an un-deafeated SEC team...thats gotta be rare. Florida does look amazing though...looking forward to the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
                Exactly like I said, Oklahoma soundly beating Oklahoma St on the ROAD, where as Texas barely squeaked by them at home, combined with the quality non conference schedule of Oklahoma next to the trash that Texas played out of conference, has vaulted Oklahoma past Texas in the BCS standings (and rightly so), and put them in the Big 12 championship game.

If they are able to handle Mizzou, which I see no reason why they shouldn't, then they are the clear cut winner of the Big 12 conference.

I understand the whining from Texas and their fans, although I don't feel it's even 1% justified. Here's one thing to consider.....NOT ONE of these 3 teams (OU, UT & TT) "took care of their business on the field". Otherwise the FIFTH tiebreaker wouldn't have come into play. Instead of the 2 who didn't make it feeling screwed, the one who DID should feel FORTUNATE that they still get to play in the conf championship (and probably national championship), despite LOSING to a team they are claiming they should be put in a championship game AHEAD OF.

Maybe the University of Texas (and alot of other schools too) should consider playing a few even half decent non conference games, and then none of this would be an issue.

Second issue....the MORON pollsters who had OU #2 and TEX #3, and now all of a sudden decided to flip their votes to try and get TEX to #2 in the BCS. CORRUPT. You can't possibly tell me that beating up on big 12 doormat Texas A&M was more impressive than beating Okla St by 20 on the road, so what is the justification for swapping the two? It just goes to show that these so called writers and analysts are complete morons and utter jackasses.

My opinion....it didn't matter who got in from the Big 12, cause Florida is going to beat whoever is put in front of them, starting with Alabama, and then whoever they face in the BCS title game, now presumably Oklahoma. Why? Because the Big 12 teams play no real defense. Florida will score at will, and will actually be able to get stops.

You want a real title game? Put Florida against USC or Penn St, 2 more 1 loss teams who IMO have the exact same gripe as Texas, having taken one defeat, on the road (plus add to it that they both WON their conference....well unless USC loses to UCLA). Clearly Penn St and USC are better than any team in the big 12, and at least those 2 teams play defense to go along with their offense, and might give Florida a run for their money. But no, it all comes down to the same old tired situation....everyone loves offense, so all these Big 12 teams are ranked so high, therefore compiling a higher SOS when beating each other and the other over-ranked teams in their conference.....and we get to sit thru another BCS blowout :puke:
                Agree. Nice post stif. I would much rather watch Florida and USC over FL-OK. USC's defense has been pretty amazing this year.
                Overall Records

Each play is to win the # of units posted unless it's a dog then I'm betting that amount.

Comment

I don't disagree with what other have said, but I think Utah is a really good team. They beat TCU,BYU, and OSU who were all ranked and utah still managed to go undefeated. I know they wouldn't do this if they played in the SEC or even the Big10, but I think they are damn good and was sort of rooting for them to get into the top 5 or top 3. It will be interesting to see who they end up playing.

Comment

Random thought: Sure would be fun to see Boise State matchup with one of these teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      Random thought: Sure would be fun to see Boise State matchup with one of these teams.
                      BallSt. :beerbang:

No way, No how, with the cake schedules! :beer2:

Comment

Sagarin ratings 11/29

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyMapleLeaf View Post
                          Whole world gonna be on Florida too.....
                          Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                            Whole world gonna be on Florida too.....
                            Not really, the line is already movin' down. I think fla can cover this number! :beer2:

Comment

Ohio State will get the last BCS spot and it will probably be the Fiesta Bowl again for the 400th time. Phoenix is OSU's biggest alumni base and they even out traveled Notre Dame the year they played them. Phoenix loves the buckeyes and the snowy weather people from Ohio love Phoenix. Sorry Boise and that #115th ranked schedule.....:thumbs:

BCS Teams: Alabama, Florida, Penn State, Ohio State, USC, ACC piece of trash that makes it, Utah, Cincinnati, Texas, Oklahoma.
                              I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Working...
                              X