Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowl Discussion

Wake Forest -3 vs Navy
    It's almost impossible for a team to beat the other team twice in the same season, especially when they are evenly matched. Perhaps WF came out a little flat the first game, or perhaps they were a little overrated as a 17 point homechalk, or both. But I think the WF defense gets the job done, allowing 30 points only once this year, and yielding only 3.4 ypc.

TCU -2.5 vs Boise State
    Well favoring TCU here tells us who Vegas likes imo. I usually have a "no bet against" policy against Boise, and they always seem to do well as underdogs or when the spread is small. Will probably take some more thought.

Florida State -5 vs Wisky
    Wisky will try to grind this thing down but I just don't see it happening. The defense is bad and the season has turned into a disappointment. On the other hand, FSU was a goalline fumble late in the game against GT from being in the ACC title game and possibly the Orange. I think FSU is actually a decent football team and I dont think this game will be all that close.

Northwestern +13.5 vs Missouri
    I was thinking more along the lines of Mizzou -7 to -10 but this seems a little ridiculous. Mizzou really hasn't beaten anyone all year and they've done even worse down the stretch, and now theyre giving almost two touchdowns to a ranked team??? I know its NW, but they aren't that bad. And I bet NW is alot happier to be in the Alamo Bowl than Missouri is. If NW can contain Maclin then I think they can win s/u.

Minnesota +10.5 vs Kansas
    Again, what has KU done to be a double digit fave? I know Minny backed themselves into a bowl after a hot start, but KU isn't that good. Their defense is pathetic. Both defenses are pathetic. Now that I look at it I see four Big 10 teams as double digit dogs which is some great value for a conference that isn't as bad as people think. I'm not going to argue them against the SEC or the Big 12 this year, but the conference definitely has some value in these bowl games with regards to the lines.

Georgia -7.5 vs Michigan State
    Both teams are vastly overrated, but MSU being 9-3 is just misleading. Hoyer is not a good qb and in MSU's two games of note against PSU and OSU, they just rolled over and died. The Big 10's inability to field a respectable third team means that MSU probably goes into a bowl one spot too high.

Clemson -3 vs Nebraska
    When looking at Clemson's schedule, they actually didn't have any real bad losses. The level of talent underpeformed but the defense has looked good for most of the year. I think in the end you have two coaches who are very motivated to get a win here, but I cant back that Nebraska defense, no way.

Ole Miss +6.5 vs Texas Tech
    Again, one team is happy to be in the Cotton Bowl and one team isn't. I think Leech staying also has something to do with the pending outcome of this game, but I think this game stays very competitive throughout. Ole Miss at +7 would be a lot nicer, but not sure if its gonna get there.

Just some of my early thoughts

Ole Miss ML :thumbs:
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

I like TCU. Boise is pissed they missed the BCS bowl and now are stuck in that ****ty poinsetta bowl or whatever. They don't care and haven't played anyone all year even if they do care. TCU played Utah, BYU, OU. Some real good teams and I think they win that one.

I love Hawaii -2. ND is garbage and should not even be in a bowl. They aren't too thrilled to be there but hey they get a sweet vacation out of this bowl in Hawaii. I think they will be less than excited to play a football game at the end of their week in HI. I will be loading up on this one. Hawaii gets to a bowl despite losing their best QB in school history. They are always up for this game on the LOST island.

I also like Ole Miss. They can score and will against that crappy D. The only Angle I see for TT is that they want to prove that they should have made a BCS Bowl, but I might just be playing the over in this one. Both teams could showcase their playmakers. Sneed was pretty good this season imo. Nutt is going to get some fine recruits in the coming years I think.

Comment

Hate to say it, but not sure I would back my dawgs giving more than a touchdown to ANYONE right now. We have played downright mediocre football, and putrid defense all year long. Our rushing defense has been particularly bad, culminating in the 450 yard rushing day that GaTech had against us. There is a lot of talk about the DC job--can't coach up the talent that we recruit. It looks like they quit down the stretch, and I worry that a matchup against a subpar big10 team will be difficult to get up for.

Now the offense is capable of hanging 50 on anyone, just not sure the D will be able to stop Ringer.

Love wake and clemson though. I think Clemson will really try and make a statement in support of their new coach DABO.
        Last edited by tdawgmd; 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

like FSU a lot. just dont think wisky matches up well against them. fsu is faster and more athletic, should roll in that one.

Comment

Leaning very heavily towards wake to start of the bowl season. IMO just the better team here and I got no problem with them laying the short number
            Last edited by bookiekilla; 12-17-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

i am thinking

GT right now is my favorite game

They are playing good football right now and with running game i look for them to control time of possession and win by 2 td's

LSU turns the ball over way too much and that QB is so shaky ...

GT is my pick of the bowl season

31-17 they beat LSU :thumbs:
              Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
              (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
              (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
              (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
              (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by williwonka05 View Post
                GT right now is my favorite game

They are playing good football right now and with running game i look for them to control time of possession and win by 2 td's

LSU turns the ball over way too much and that QB is so shaky ...

GT is my pick of the bowl season

31-17 they beat LSU :thumbs:

:beerbang: :beerbang:

I figured if I said that it would be looked at as a 'homer' play..and it probably is....but it's going to be one my bigger plays of the bowl season...and I've usually not played the jackets in real big play in any recent bowl games...they aren't chan gailey's jackets anymore:thumbs:

Comment

bookie...you're no homer!! :laughing:

GL...I'll be on GT as well! :thumbs:

Comment

Here's my 2 cents......who gives a ****....lol

I will tell you how pathetic the BCS is and how far they have gone in ruining the big bowls. I just found out i got 2 fiesta bowl tickets through OSU and so did every other person in our local club who requested them, and everybody got the number of tickets they wanted (some 4, some 6, some 2 etc...)......ie...nobody really gives a **** about the OSU/Texas game since it is played on Monday January 5th....after the holidays and everyone has gone back to work. That is unheard of for them to be able to fill every ticket request. They had no local club tickets available for the USC game out here or the NC game last year or the year before....and only a few tickets for the Notre Dame game back in 2006.....like about a dozen (i was lucky and got one). There were only like 15 total ticket requests locally anyway this year which is an indictment in itself about the game (probably about 45-50 total tickets).

Talked to a friend of mine that i figured was in for sure....he has business that monday and can't go....and this is a die hard fan. They have wrecked the games by playing them after the holidays. I now am the proud owner of 2 tickets to the game, and i haven't talked to a single person who is going. I may not even be able to go now. I guarantee i will probably eat the 2nd ticket. It's a fking joke....just a big joke. If this game were being played on New Year's day when it was SUPPOSED to be played....i guarantee ticket demand would have been way up and i probably would have been in a lottery to get tickets.

I mean seriously...congrats BCS.....:thumbs:
                    Last edited by FlyersFan; 12-17-2008, 06:02 PM.
                    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
                      Here's my 2 cents......who gives a ****....lol

I will tell you how pathetic the BCS is and how far they have gone in ruining the big bowls. I just found out i got 2 fiesta bowl tickets through OSU and so did every other person in our local club who requested them, and everybody got the number of tickets they wanted (some 4, some 6, some 2 etc...)......ie...nobody really gives a **** about the OSU/Texas game since it is played on Monday January 5th....after the holidays and everyone has gone back to work. That is unheard of for them to be able to fill every ticket request. They had no local club tickets available for the USC game out here or the NC game last year or the year before....and only a few tickets for the Notre Dame game back in 2006.....like about a dozen (i was lucky and got one). There were only like 15 total ticket requests locally anyway this year which is an indictment in itself about the game (probably about 45-50 total tickets).

Talked to a friend of mine that i figured was in for sure....he has business that monday and can't go....and this is a die hard fan. They have wrecked the games by playing them after the holidays. I now am the proud owner of 2 tickets to the game, and i haven't talked to a single person who is going. I may not even be able to go now. I guarantee i will probably eat the 2nd ticket. It's a fking joke....just a big joke. If this game were being played on New Year's day when it was SUPPOSED to be played....i guarantee ticket demand would have been way up and i probably would have been in a lottery to get tickets.

I mean seriously...congrats BCS.....:thumbs:

I agree with you 100%

NEWS YEARS DAY SHOULD BE THE day ALL THE BCS GAMES are played besides the Title Game
                      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Agree 100% as well. TV contract agreements and the NCAA has taken it too far. I believe there are only 5 total games on New Years Day, not to mention watching the best games of the year on Fox is downright awful. ****tiest announcers, terrible theme music, and a terrible picture.

Comment

FF,
                          I'm heading out to Scottsdale for some golf and football, going without tickets. After attending the tOSU/ND game a few years ago, i figure there will be plenty of tickets avaialble. There were plenty for the Irish game!
                          best of luck this bowl season.
                          Go Bucks!

Comment

Working...
                          X