Week 1 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daws1089 View Post
    I like Alabama. Their size will be a huge issue for VT upfront. Tech likes small,quick d-linemen, and bama likes big bruisers on offense. VT also lost their starting RB for the season. Evans is his name. I agree with U-dog that Bama wins this by 10+ maybe even 20. I forget how many years ago it ws, but VT opened the season down at LSU who was similar to Bama in the sense that they are big and athletic and it is just too much for VT to handle any of these good SEC teams.
    Seems to me last season it was difficult for VT to handle ANYBODY on the road. Let alone Bama. I'm not buying the flu. I'm looking to play a 2 team ML parlay with Bama
    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Jones and Ingram were ruled "eligible" today by the NCAA

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
        Seems to me last season it was difficult for VT to handle ANYBODY on the road. Let alone Bama. I'm not buying the flu. I'm looking to play a 2 team ML parlay with Bama
        VTECH 17-6 ATS L23 September ROAD games

FYI...pretty good early season road record ATS under Beamer. Says to me he has his teams prepared early and the defense is still fresh. I am not really sure what all Bama is going to do on offense to warrant covering a TD+. Game is a neutral site game anyway isn't it? Georgia Dome i believe.
        Last edited by FlyersFan; 09-02-2009, 09:28 PM.
        I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

Originally posted by FlyersFan View Post
          VTECH 17-6 ATS L23 September ROAD games

FYI...pretty good early season road record ATS under Beamer. Says to me he has his teams prepared early and the defense is still fresh. I am not really sure what all Bama is going to do on offense to warrant covering a TD+. Game is a neutral site game anyway isn't it? Georgia Dome i believe.

The game is indeed on a neutral site, I was just pointing out that VT didn't look too good last season away from home.

CMon FF that is a terrible trend stat IMO. Goes back like fifteen seasons- they beat UNC and Neb last season on the road, but lost the opener to ECU on a neutral field by 5. Last big road game to start the season vs an SEC team was a 48-7 thumping @LSU 2 seasons ago. I too think this line is a bit higher @ 6.5, but I believe there's a reason for it. I would expect a ton of rushing attempts to wear down the VT D, followed by some play action to Julio Jones. McElroy should be more than capable of managing the game. Also, Ingram is more than capable of taking over the workload and finding the endzone- he had 12 tds last season (Coffee had 10) in nearly 100 fewer attempts. I'm also thinking Bama will want to atone for the horrid bowl loss vs Utah.

I'm also starting to think this could be one of those "defensive" games where they soar over the total. I would have set this line @ 42 or so. Starting to think about an over play as well....

Comment

Originally posted by bigbag12 View Post
            On OSU, they have lost several keys players this week , just FYI.

Starting TE quit the team after a restraining order was issued against him ( Jamal mosley)

senior defensive back Perrish Cox was arrested last week by the Stillwater (Okla.) Police Department on charges of driving with a suspended license. Gundy has not said yet if he is suspended, but if he is it is the only returning starter they have in the secondary.

The starting MLB Lemmon blew out his ACL and is gone for the year.

Just in case no one knew.:beerbang:

Making me like the over even more. I have a tough time seeing how either team doesn't put up 28+. The Dawgs had some pretty high scoring games vs ranked opponents last regular season....

Comment

Working...
            X