CFB Season Win Totals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFB Season Win Totals

Usually not a fan of these as the books do a pretty solid job of putting out a number that is right about on the button. But did see a couple of teams i thought had a number worth taking a shot at.

MSU Over7 1/2 -120..................Usually not a fan of backing MSU as they tend to blow games they should win which is not good for a season win bet. But i like Dantonio as a coach and the D is pretty loaded this year which should take some pressure off of the offense breaking in a new QB and RB. I think their schedule sets up favorably as they miss Ohio State in the Big10 and get Penn State at home. Non conference is the MAC of course (CMU and WMU), Montana state (ikes) and Notre Dame. First 5 weeks of the season will set the stage for what this team does IMO. I personally think that the road games at ND and at Wisconsin are both winnable. If they can not slip up versus CMU in week 2 and then handle Michigan at home in week 5 i think this team could be 4-1 and well on its way to a good season. Iowa at home in week 8 is a pivotal game as well. I just really can't find more than 4 losses if this team plays up to expectations. Picked 3rd in the big10 coaches and media poll, a 7-5 season would be a major disappointment IMO.

UAZ Under6 1/2...................I think they are really going to struggle on offense this year and the schedule is just brutal to end the season. I can see them losing their last 4 games easily (at ASU, at CAL, Oregon and at USC). Middle of the season will determine their fate with at string of games at OREST, at Washington, Stanford, UCLA and WSU. I can't see them going on the road to beat Iowa and the CMU opener is no gimme. Arizona will not sneak up on anyone after the bowl season of last year. Unless they solve the QB spot in a big way, i can't find more than 4-6 wins on this schedule IMO. I expect Oregon to be playing some good ball late in the season, so as i said, 0-4 to finish is not out of the question. Plus 3 straight road games early at 3 very tough places (Iowa, OREST and Washington) may seal their fate early. Stoops thinks this is his best team, but im not seeing it and the schedule sure doesn't do him any favors. 4H/5Road games in conference this year too. Cats will have done well to put together a 7-8 win season IMO.

looked at a bunch of others but honestly too close to call. Would have liked to have played NCST Over this year as i like them as a possible sleeper, but at 7 1/2 wins the books i guess do too...lol.

feel free to add any others if you have them. reasoning is always nice/key.

GL to everyone!
    I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Just doubled up my play on these 2. Probably the KOD but we'll see.

curious if anyone else has anything good going on in terms of season wins. Illinois is out there at 7 and 7 1/2. Their first 5 games will tell the tale of that season with Mizzou and then games at OSU and PSU at home. If they can get through that point at 4-1 they are almost a shoe in to go over the total. I don't know if i can trust Juice Newton, though, at QB.

GL to everyone!

Comment

i played

OLE MISS over 9 (-125)

They have alot coming back for a team that beat FLORIDA last year. Their QB is very good. SNEAD. I think they will play in a BCS GAME this year.

i also played UNC over 8.5 (+160 ) ... UNC could win this league this year . they open up with citadel, at uconn and east carolina .should have no problem getting off to a good start with those three. Tough game at VT for sure. It just looked like good value to me. Butch Davis has this program heading in the right direction
      IMO

played each one for one unit
      Keep em in the hole, Down in the hole

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
      (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
      (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
      (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
      (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
        OLE MISS over 9 (-125)

They have alot coming back for a team that beat FLORIDA last year. Their QB is very good. SNEAD. I think they will play in a BCS GAME this year.

i also played UNC over 8.5 (+160 ) ... UNC could win this league this year . they open up with citadel, at uconn and east carolina .should have no problem getting off to a good start with those three. Tough game at VT for sure. It just looked like good value to me. Butch Davis has this program heading in the right direction
        IMO

like em both, GL!
        :hide:

"Schooly D is fat cake yo."
        -Big Pimpin-

Comment

Originally posted by BUNK MORELAND View Post
          OLE MISS over 9 (-125)

IMO

i debated UNC. They were on a list of about 5-7 teams i thought long and hard about. I am always wary of teams like OlePiss that are so hightly touted and that usually don't have expectations to play up to. Just seen it so many times that it's easy to be OlePiss and beat FLA when nobody thinks you can. Different story sometimes when the pressure is there. But hope you're right....:thumbs:

Still might pull the trigger on UNC and i do agree with your thoughts. ACC is definitely not a top tier league IMO and has a lot of really average teams (though nowhere near as awful as the big east....:beerbang:....had to duck that in of course...:hide:). I think UNC can hang with just about all the teams in that league. GaTech will be tough, VTtech will be tough...i think Clemson will be down, Miami is still average, Free Shoes isn't your dad's Free Shoes IMO.....you may be right about that being a 9-10 win team.

Comment

The Big East

Just want to throw some numbers at you ..

I know , you know , everybody knows the BIG EAST is on thin ice when it comes to an automatic BCS berth. I honestly feel the THE MOUNTAIN WEST has a good argument when it comes to their league deserving the auto bid due to the success of teams such as BYU and UTAH over the last few years and even the WAC with Hawaii and Boise , just wanted to throw some numbers out here in regards to the big east VS. THE WORLD .lol:laughing:

-Last year alone, BIG EAST teams combined to win 33 nonconference games - the second highest total in league history - and won at a 70.2 percent clip outside the conference

-The league was combined 4-2 in bowl games, marking the third straight season in which the league had a winning record in the postseason

-Under the current configuration, which has been in place for four seasons, THE BIG LEAST has enjoyed its most successful nonconference run in league history. BIG EAST teams have gone a combined 122-51 in that span (70.5) which stands as the best four year stretch in the first 18 years of the league

When it comes to nonconference games BIG EAST teams are very competetive

Now i understand alot of those 122 nonconference wins over the last four years are over teams from inferior leagues, but there are some good wins mixed in there from the likes of WVU over teams like Maryland and Auburn, SF went to Auburn and handed them a loss in 07 and just last year SF beat Kansas when Kansas was ranked 13th in the country. Pittsburgh beat a decent iowa team last year. Louisville has played a very tough nonconference schedule over the past few years and this year they host UTAH UTES.

The league is what it is , but IMO they compete on a "game by game basis" when it comes to nonconference. I feel they are worth a look due to the overall state of the league.. Its a bad league and everybody knows that. But i feel there is some good value in some of these nonconference games especially on the road against one of these teams from a power conference ..

Here is look at some good BIG EAST NONCONFERENCE games in 09 :

West Virginia will play @ Auburn on Sept 19 then host Colorado on October 1, they also host ECU ( revenge spot ) on Sept 12

Pittsburgh travels to Raleigh to take on FLYERS FANS's Wolfpack ( sept 26th ) and will host NOTRE DAME on November 14th ( 2-1 vs irish in l3 )

Cincinnati Bearcats " the defending league champs " will travel to Oregon St and then host FRESNO in back to back weeks in September ..

SFLO- The Bulls will host THE NOLES on Sept 26th ( i do believe the first meeting ever between the two schools ) ...
            Last edited by BUNK MORELAND; 08-29-2009, 10:03 AM.

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
            (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
            (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
            (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
            (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

lol....you know i like giving you **** and im just messing with you...:beerbang:

honestly, the Big East is way down this year and i don't think there is any arguing that. But everything is cyclical in football and what is up is down and what is down is up so nothing is guaranteed to be the same each year. I think the Big East's biggest problem is that they lost 3 long time traditional programs that competed most years for a league title and sometimes a national title and didn't replace them. It would be really hard for any league to lose 3 of its top teams and still say hey we're OK. I really have a hard time still with BC in the ACC. Miami i can see, VTech maybe, maybe not but BC is a joke. But money drives this whole machine unfortunately. Conferences like the SWC would have never existed in today's world as the game was more about the game back then. It is no question about nothing other than money in 2009-2010. So you get teams like BC leaving a whole bunch of teams it has tradition with to play a bunch of schools 1000 miles away and further.

The other thing that has hurt is having Syracuse so ****ty for the last few years. There just is not a lot of meat on that rib so to speak in the Big East and you have a conference full of a bunch of teams that have never really been noted as being "football schools" in Louisville, Cincinnati (though they are vastly improved), Rutgers etc......

but as i said, take any conference and remove 3 of its better teams and see what happens.

I also agrree on the MWC. They are a 9 team league and personally I think Boise State should join the MWC and SDSU should join the WAC. Makes sense from a geographical standpoint and a competitive standpoint. SDSU could play Fresno State, San Jose State and other Cal State Schools while Boise is in the mountain region and a better fit with the MWC schools, IMO.

But as always, just my 2 cents....:sm:

Comment

Really is a shame

what happened to the Big East .. I agree with BC .. They should of stayed put ...

NCAA STR PLAYS YTD
                (5-6) -1.5

NCAA 3 PICKS PARLAYS YTD
                (1-1) +1 unit

NCAA ML STR PLAYS YTD
                (0-2) -1 unit

NBA STR PLAYS YTD
                (2-0) +2.5 units

Comment

Working...
                X