• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncaa football week two

BEST BETS (0-2)(-6.60 units)
    STRONG PLAYS (3-1)(+3.80 units)
    REGULAR PLAYS (1-3)(-2.30 units)

OVERALL (4-6)(-5.10 units)

Week one is in the books and it was not very good to me, although it could have been much worse. I bounced back on Monday and hit both strong plays as both dogs won outright. Really disappointed in my bets. Even if I would have won just one of them I would have been in the plus for the week. Oh well, you have to play what you like best and they just lost.

Week two is always interesting. Are the surprise week one winners going to do it again or were they just lucky? Is BYU that good and maybe Oklahoma over-rated….which is it? In my opinion it take three/four weeks to really get a feel for the season. They say that the most improvement a team makes during the season is between your first and second games, so after this week I think I will have more of a feel as to who is who this year. You have got to love college football.

Jumping in a little early this week as I want to get some lines before they move the wrong way on me, so here are Week Two’s hopeful winners.

Georgia Tech -4.5 vs Clemson (strong play)……………..From what I have read, there are a lot of people who think the Clemson is the better team here, but I strongly disagree. There is a reason Tech is a 4.5 point (some places 5 already) point favorite. These two team know each other well and usually play close games, but that does not worry me. Georgia Tech has been money at home and they always seem to get up for these weeknight tv games. They have the bulk of their team back from last years 9-4 club. Clemson’s defense will keep them in this game, but I think their lack of offense will be their downfall. Home field is huge in my opinion in this one and it will be enough to get a 7-10 point win.

Toledo +4 vs Colorado (regular play)………….Last week I was on Toledo as I grabbed the points vs Purdue who is not very good and Purdue did a number on them. I know Colorado is not a great team either, but they are from a superior conference and should be able to name this score. Colorado just looks like you could put a million dollars on them and we all know what happens when it looks that easy. I am too chicken though to make this any more than a one unit regular play. Line is fishy, so I would not be shocked to see Toledo pull the upset in this one.

Back on Friday with the rest of my plays for the weekend. Good Luck Everybody!!

Good Luck Man.:beer2:

Comment

GL to ya Mark....I'll be backing the Rockets as well! Just waiting to see how high the line might get before I jump! :thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

Yeah, Thats what I think with Toledo too. Most people will look at it and think that Colorado looks so good, and "Why is the line only -4?".

That always spells trouble, and I will wait until that line climbs higher too, and then make a play on Toledo.

I did not get a good look at Coloroado on Monday but I know they got beat as a 10 point fav at home. So I wonder what the line would have been if they would have won and covered.

Like your GT pick too. Think they are going to be a good team to bet early before everyone catches on.

Comment

Wanted to lock in two more lines. Don't want them to fall below 14 and I think there is a good shot they will.

C Michigan +14.5 vs Michigan State (best bet)………….Call me crazy, but I think CMU has a chance to win this game. C Michigan QB Dan LeFevour is going to be in the NFL eventually. They have an offense that can score some points. Too much made of how they got shut down last week vs Arizona. I don’t see them getting slowed down that badly again this week. You have to give CMU’s defense some credit as Arizona only scored 19 points. I don’t see anything special about Michigan St or any other big ten team either this year. If Navy can go into Ohio State and almost win, they C Mich can at the very least get the cover. I really love this game. I won’t be crazy enough to call for the outright win, so lets make it Michigan St 27 C Michigan 20

Vanderbilt +14.5 vs LSU (best bet)………………I am not so sure that LSU is as good as people think. Yes they won pretty easy last week, but not really. The Washington outgained LSU 478 yards to 321 yards. Washington also had 25 first downs to 17 first downs for the LSU. Vandy has been an up and coming team these past few years and they have almost everybody back. Vandy knows how to play defense as well. Unless Vandy just completely unravels they will be in this game right down to the last few minutes. Vandy comes in with confidence after a 45-0 last week. Even though it was vs a bad team, scoring that many and getting the shutout is pretty solid. Just too many points here. Vandy has always been a very solid dog and they will get yet another cover here. Really love both my best bets this week.

Comment

Not happy at all with my start this week after watching Ga Tech jump out to the 21-0 lead and then let Clemson come back. It makes me sick Georgia Tech blew it then won the game and did not cover. Those are tough losses to take, but it happens to all of us. Maybe I will get lucky and pull out a few wins like that as well. Here is the rest of Saturday's card.

Iowa State +6 vs Iowa (strong play)……………..I don’t care what the numbers say, I don’t care what the stats say, I don’t care about last years record and who is coming back. Iowa State has always been a pain in the neck for Iowa, even in years when Iowa is that much better. This year I am not so sure Iowa is all that much better than State. I think the Big Eight is better than the Big Ten, so I will gladly grab the six points and the home team in a game where there is a good shot I will not even need the points.

Buffalo +10.5 vs Pittsburgh (strong play)………………Only two words you need to know for this game and those words are………….Dave Wannstedt. What else do you need to know? Just shut up and let coach Dave put money in your pocket. Seriously, in addition to what I just said, these are the types of games Pitt struggles with. Buffalo has been a solid and improving teams since coach Gill took over the team. Pitt’s QB Stull just seems to do enough to win games, yet makes big mistakes that cost them games. I cannot believe this line is over ten points. I was very close to making this a best bet. In case you are all wondering, I am a huge Pitt Panther fan.

The rest of these are just one unit (regular plays) with short write-ups.

S Carolina +7 vs Georgia……………Should be a defensive battle where seven points comes into play. I can’t see either team even getting an eight point lead in this game. Grab the points.

La Tech +7.5 vs Navy…………Everybody remembers how close Navy came at the end of last week to beating Ohio State at home. Everybody remembers La Tech getting thrashed last week. Who wouldn’t take Navy at home? Next week everybody will remember La Tech beating Navy. Write it down.

E Carolina +6.5 vs West Virginia………..WVU only a shadow of what they used to be. E Carolina might be the better team this year and plays with confidence vs WVU. Only thing that scares me is everybody likes ECU this week.

Notre Dame -3 vs Michigan……………Hope this is not the suckers bet of the week. Maybe this is the year Notre Dame returns to what it used to be. We have been saying that for a few years now. Michigan a team on the decline and has problems. If Notre Dame does not cover this one I am going to fade them the rest of the season. I am sick of falling for all the hype. This is the year if they are going to do it. This game is huge for their program.

Ohio State +7 vs USC………..Forget last week, that is what is fresh in peoples minds. Huge game for OSU to prove something to the country and I think they will be up to the challenge. They are getting no respect getting a TD at home. We are getting the inflated line based on USC’s reputation and OSU falling apart and nearly losing to Navy.

That is all for week two. Hope it is better than week one. I love my two best bets getting 14.5 each. No way they both go down and if they do at least I know coach Dave of Pitt will help me get some of my money back.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

GL, Hope you hit 'em up :thumbs:
                7-18 ytd :ohman:

Comment

I like the La Tech pick!

I circled that one and think its the best play on the board this week!

GL

Comment

Working...
                  X