Week #2 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week #2 Discussion

Kind of a lame weekend, but I'll throw out some ideas since nobody has started a thread that I saw.

Iowa -6.5 under 45.5
    Call me a homer but normally I look to play against my team. Iowa is 1-10 ATS in the last 11 against ISU, and the road team has not won in the series since 2003. Both teams looked like sh*t last week against 1AA schools at home. KF is one of the worst motivators in the business against bad teams, but I gotta think they beat ISU by atleast 7 while they are in a transitional period with a new coach. 24-13 type game

USC -7
    Probably not the sharp play of the week, but even with a freshman QB I'll look hard at the team that always wins the big game as opposed to always losing the big game. I have to imagine the books no that whatever number they put out, the public will hammer USC. What I don't understand is why they don't put the line at something like -10 to open instead of -5? Sure -10 seems like a bit of a stretch, but is it? 7 might be a trap line but I figure I'd start some discussion on it.

Georgia/SC under 38
    In the last 10 meetings, no totals have gone over 40. Both offenses are shockingly anemic.

Pick the winner scenario in 2008 for all games that qualify:

286-39 (88%)

It's possible I messed up on a few games, but the system appears to work for CFB as well.

Comment

GL this here week Hodown! :thumbs:
      Batman: "If you can't spend it, money's just a lot of worthless paper, isn't it?" :phew:

Comment

I'm not sure I can lay the 6.5 with Iowa this week. That rivalry and the way that Iowa played last week have me leaning towards ISU if anything.

I think the Over 54 in the Toledo/Cu game is a reasonable line. CU should be able to move the ball on a small, weak MAC team, yet Toledo should be able to move the ball up and down the field on one of the weakest Big 12 teams. 54 isn't really calling for all that much.

Comment

Another total I liked was BYU/Tulane Over 53. BYU coming off of the upset, I think will allow an awful Tulane team to score some points before they wake up. At the same time, Tulane's D I think will be giving up some points so I don't think 53 would be hard to muster up. I want to see what the line does from here.

Comment

Working...
          X